“Staff and room make great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Indianapolis
“Staff and room make great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My son and I stayed here during our trip to Progressive Field on the Saturday over Father's Day weekend. We greatly enjoyed out stay. When we got to the hotel our room was not ready yet. In the past, when that's happened, the front desk staff makes YOU come back and ask about the availability of your room. Here, I would guess in the 10 minutes we had to wait several things happened: 1) staff apologized profusely for the room not being ready, 2) they repeatedly checked with housekeeping on when it would be ready, 3) they checked us in as quickly as possible once the room was finished being serviced. The staff also doted on my son, giving him a schedule for the Indians games and a couple pieces of candy for his patience.

We stayed in an extended king room, which was great. Though it didn't have doors between the bedroom and the sitting area (which I'd always prefer), the layout of the room made it possible for my son to sleep while I was in the other room watching television, etc. Room was clean and quiet. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom relatively big.

We tried out the pool during our visit. It was very comparable to other indoor pools I've visited in major downtown areas. My son enjoyed the chance to splash around there.

The location of the hotel was ideal for a visit to the baseball game, about a 7 or 8 minute walk there. Some of the area between the hotel and the park seems to be under significant renovation, but we felt safe walking back and forth even after the end of the night game.

If we ever have reason to visit downtown Cleveland again, we'll defiantly stay here again!

Room Tip: Extended King room was worth the extra money!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear rlbrown77,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us over Father’s Day weekend. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Cleveland and that your son was able to have a great time in our pool. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and our guest services staff certainly provided that. Thank you for the opportunity to make your Father’s Day one to remember with us. Should your travels bring you back to the Cleveland area we look forward to serving you again!

Hospitality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Enon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our first time staying at this Wyndham won't be our last.....we had a very nice two night stay. We walked to the Playhouse to enjoy a musical and the next day walked to the R&R Hall of Fame!
The professional staff were friendly and welcoming! ... we would especially like to point out Thomas (Guest Services) and Tammy (Bar/Rest Services)....they are fine examples of employees who made our stay feel special....thank you Thomas & Tammy!!!
Our room far exceeded our expectations....valet parking, great bar atmosphere (happy hour deals) and delicious food rounded out our 45th anniversary stay as one to remember....Thanks Wyndham and staff!!! Ed and Dora Powers

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dora,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Cleveland during your recent stay. I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy your 45th Anniversary with us as well as enjoy some of the many wonderful attractions the city has to offer. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize both Tommy and Tammy. We always love when specific associates receive praise from our guests and it will certainly be passed along to them. We look forward to serving you on your return to Cleveland and Happy Anniversary!

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Certainly not what we expected, having booked our room through a website. Further, having paid the non-refundable advance, the inadequacies tumbled out one after the other without any addressal. On the first day though the room allotted looked large and good - the airconditioning didn't function. On repeated complaints - hoping that the next day , post assurance, - we were once again faced with another night in the same room; once again the Airconditioning was out of order. Thanks to the Head Concierge, Mr Kermit, who handled our ire with the atitude it deserved, we were allotted another room. But by then the inadequacies of the Complimentary Wi-Fi surfaced, wherein we found that we had to accept a 0.40 Mbps bandwidth ( completely inadequate and reported to the Front Desk repeatedly ) and that too with constant outage. We were then told to apply for a USD 10 per day for an upgrade of bandwidth ( which we thought was a raw deal ) The situation and hospitality continued with poor Housekeeping ( no change of accoutrements , lack of vaccuuming etc ). This continued despite bringing these issues to the knowledge of the Front Desk - who expedititously kept us out of contact with Senior Management - but who we're sure were in the know of all issues. Frankly, despite a Good Room the service and management was extremely poor leaving a very poor taste in the mouth. An overall poor experience - and one which we'll certainly not like to repeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ashok789,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Please know that this is not the standard for the Wyndham Cleveland. It is our goal to resolve any and all issues immediately during a guest’s stay and I am disappointed that we fell short during yours. I am glad that Kermit was able to assist you in the changing of rooms. The internet connectivity and lack of housekeeping you experienced has been addressed with the appropriate departments and will not be a cause for concern moving forward. If you are interested, please contact me at the hotel at 216-615-7500 to discuss further. It is my hope that you will accept our apology and give us an opportunity to show you what the Wyndham Cleveland is capable of.

Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel. I train adult certification classes several times per month, so I am in hotels very often. My expectations have always been at the 3 star level because I don't want to be disappointed. This hotel went above an beyond my expectations. The food was outstanding! I had both room service and ate in the restaurante all 4 days.

I especially want to give a shout out to the Director of Food and Beverage, John McCartney. When I started setting up my classroom he was available and made sure all his staff were introduced along with the audio visual staff. I was in heaven! I could not believe the amount of service I received.

No matter what I needed, the answer was always, " Let me try and and take care of that for you"!
Thanks Wyndham! I had a very refreshing week!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Lisa,

It was great to hear from you regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Cleveland! I am so happy to hear that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations, and thank you for taking the time to recognize John and the rest of our staff on their service and helpfulness. We are glad you were able to make a few trips to Encore and that you enjoyed your meals throughout your stay. Thank you so much for your feedback, your comments have been shared with all! We look forward to your next visit!

M. Schwede

Been to Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square? Share your experiences!