“Good stay for the money in Cleveland” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
“Good stay for the money in Cleveland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here for 20 nights this year for business and have to say its a good buy for downtown Cleveland. Clean modern rooms with amenities that would be expected by most business travelers. The staff overall is friendly and accommodating as well. All in all a good place to stay in Cleveland at reasonable rates.

Stayed June 2012
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear CranburyDan,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business travel again, and again! We look forward to your next visit!

1,550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

our stay here was just outstanding... from the minute we pulled to the curve, the vallet to the check in rep, Ms. Janise was the best... our room was very clean and oh my the lake veiw was beautiful...the buffett was excellent(Breakfast n Lunch) The location is perfect for many attractions in Cleveland, Our stay here left me excited about returning real soon as I will say returning to my birth place 50 years later the wyndham playhouse aided in making it a special stay

Room Tip: lakeveiw rooms or suite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear rainybunch,

Happy Birthday! We are thrilled that you allowed us to be a part of your celebration. Thank you for your feedback about our clean, spacious guest room and breakfast/lunch buffets. We appreciate you and look forward to your next visit to Cleveland!

Seattle Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The good news is - you had towels. When we called for towels we were handed a heap. No coffee in the room after the initial service. Our room wasn't made up and yet it appeared the bountiful housekeeping staff was socializing in the halls. The worn room was a good size with large windows, a plus. Yes I also give the front desk a nod of approval.

Room Tip: Request a larger then normal room with many big windows.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Markkey,

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

So sorry Wyndam, very dissapointed in room condition does need update. First time visiting Cleveland for family wedding. Everything was old including towels, bathroom, leaking window while raining I could go on and on. Only two chairs in room, neither comfortable. Only reason for overall rating 3 is due to front desk staff, shuttle drivers (Trent) plus did enjoy basement pool. Area around hotel is run down, so shuttle was a plus dropping you off and picking you up on time. Breakfast buffet $13.95 was very good, also check out Heron Deli (diner, located behind hotel) for great inexpensive breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear AuntieDee,

Thank you for taking your time to write a response on TripAdvisor for us. While you seemed disappointed with aspects of your stay I am happy to hear that you found our Front Desk and Shuttle Drivers helpful. We will work to improve our products and services and again I thank you for your time. Congratulations to your family member on their marriage!

Sincerely
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quick summary: I'd stay here again. Nice staff. Nice room. Some thoughtful extras. I don't like paying $21 a night for parking. Otherwise, very happy with the hotel

Longer version: I arrived Cleveland on a dark and stormy night, where I hydroplaned my go-cart-sized rental car to the Wyndham. Although I'm not happy to pay $21 a night to valet park, it was nice to leave the car with the valet after a very long and tiring trip.

I tried reaching the hotel the evening I arrived via phone but did not get an answer and was not routed to a voice mail system. That was a little disconcerting. The very nice and very competent gal that worked the front desk told me upon arrival that she was the only one working that evening which explained why I didn't get anyone. I mention that here not as a complaint, but rather so that other travelers not get worried should they run into a similar situation. Just keep calling back.

When I arrived, my reservation details were in perfect order so check in was very easy and I was in my room right away.

My room is good-sized, tastefully decorated, clean, quiet, and in very good condition. They've thought of a couple extra things I really like. There's a very cool chair in my room that has power outlets in the chair itself, a pillow/pad for lumbar support, and little table-like attachments that can rotate over your lap so you can sit in the chair and work with your laptop--perhaps even while watching TV. It's a cool chair.

The outlet near the desk has an adaptor with six outlets in it. Again, this is a nice touch for wired travelers. But speaking of wired, they have free wireless internet. It seems to work just fine.

When I first sat on the bed I thought it might be too soft, but I slept like a log and had no backache or any other issues afterward.

I've only eaten one meal at the hotel so far and that was at the bar. It was a gumbo soup and it was great.

The hotel provides transportation to and from the Cleveland Clinic (my reason for being here) on a reservation basis. That's a huge relief to me and they've been perfectly prompt the couple of times I've used them.

Bottom line: A solid four-star experience in this price range.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear ancmd11,

I can see that you do a lot of traveling and we thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting the Clinic. I apologize that you did not reach our Guest Services Agent when calling the hotel. We strive to answer every guest call in a timely manner.

It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your room and the shuttle service, as well as our Gumbo Soup! I am not sure how long you are staying, however, if you need anything please let us know!

Mansfield, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If we stayed here again, it would be for the breakfast. The room was ok for the price, but not above-and-beyond. The parking situation is terrible; they offer over-priced concierge service, but we opted to park across the street in a desolate parking garage. However, the garage staff were very friendly and professional. Parking was about $10/day in the garage. Also, HBO didn't work, and the hotel staff didn't seem to have a clue.

Now, the breakfast. The breakfast was phenomenal both mornings that we ate there. Large selection of meats, pancakes, french toast, fruits, eggs, omelet station, beverages ... excellent!
By the way, we got the Ballpark package which included breakfast and about $20 in stadium bucks. Very worth it!

Our bottomline: Average for an upscale hotel; Very good for an overall hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AndrewB,

We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay. Though you had some concerns about parking and the guest room, we are happy to know that you enjoyed our Encore! Breakfast Buffet. Your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be addressed accordingly. We hope Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare is your hotel of choice when visiting Cleveland again.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our visit to Cleveland included a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (RRHF) and a Cleveland Indians game. The Hotel is centrally located and is an easy walk to both venues.

We checked in late and the front desk staff was excellent. They took the time to help us with Maps and local attractions. We also received the inside scoop on Indians tickets and what to expect at the RRHF. This proved to be extremely valuable information as I would have never given the time required to properly experience the RRHF. Casino and other attractions are in walking distance. Indians game was a nice experience.

Valet Parking is easy and recommended. For downtown parking it is reasonably priced too.

Our room was OK. It was a standard room, clean and pre-cooled. The bed was not to our liking and may have lived it life? The hall noise was minimal. Check was easy and swift.

Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sparky-1967,

Thank you for visiting the Wyndham and the great city of Cleveland! It sounds like you were able to enjoy our area attractions and that the Front Desk staff aided in that enjoyment. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We hope to see you on your next trip to Cleveland.

Hospitality Manager

Been to Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square? Share your experiences!