“A comfy, yet classy, act.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
WESTERN MASS.
“A comfy, yet classy, act.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We had originally secured a reservation at the Mariott in nearby Solon, OH when we had a change of venue that included seeing a Cleveland Indians game.
The Wyndham had excellent valet service ($20), a most congenial bellhop, who was most informative about the evening out to the ball game.
Our room was comfortably cool and clean, and the whole family enjoyed the indoor pool.
The shuttle service to nearby Progressive Field was timed perfectly, and appreciated in the late afternoon heat. The short walk back after the fireworks was minutes and we felt safe being out and about with the masses.
A wedding reception had us riding the elevator with the bride in her wedding dress.
Our 6:45 am checkout and valet service went super smoothly.
Our only critiques: no refrigerator and not enough full size towels for the family, since we showered upon arrival and before departure. And there was no extra blanket for the child sleeping on an inflatable mattress we brought (no downtown hotels had accommodations for 5).

Room Tip: Plan ahead, use AAA card
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I've stayed in Cleveland 6 times in the past 12 months, this time was a real disappointment -- 3 day stay, business

Pros:
o  Super nice staff
o  Quick service
o  Central downtown location
o  Relatively clean
o. Comfortable beds

Cons:
o  Worn appointments
o  Stained carpet (five very dark stains just outside bathroom door)
o  Furniture edges chipped and worn-looking
o  Old school tv
o  Wireless only worked intermittently
o  LAN/Ethernet in room didn't work at all
o  Fire alarm in bar at 10 pm then evacuation @ 2 am, both false alarms--not cool. Other reviews on web document a poor track record on this. Stay away on this basis alone!
o  No waste baskets big enough for reality (I needed to shred business documents) they brought me a huge, 32 gallon trash bin)
o. Only one tiny waste basket in bathroom
o  Mold spots on shower curtain
o  No place to hang hand towels (only a hook on back of door)
o  Coffee maker didn't work, then its replacement didn't work, it turns out that their "cool" coffee makers have tricky switches..."my fault" very annoying--2 mornings without coffee
o  Ironing board worn, funky, old
o  Trendy (dim) bathroom lights not centered over sink, so good luck shaving the dark side of your face
o. Inconvenient, expensive parking

Bottom line: very overrated, poor value for the $, an exercise in frustration, very glad wife and kids were not on this trip...we probably would have left. Delightful, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Take room near the ground, for the 2am fire drills
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I'm on the Fence with this review because I really liked the Wyndham in Vegas and Atlantic City, but this Cleveland one was just OKAY. Something about this hotel was lacking. I traveled with my husband and 18 month old son. They provided a free crib to the room, which was great!!!! They also have valet parking, which was very useful to us for about $20 a day. My only two complaint was that the cleaning lady didn't ever have time to clean my room. I'd like to suggest to the Wyndham that they provide longer hours for this service or hire additional workers. Though I left the room at about 11AM one morning and 12PM another, when I returned in the evening, my room was never cleaned. I called the front desk and they informed me that the cleaning lady leaves every day at 1PM. They were nice and provided me with fresh linen for the crib, whenever I asked or more towels. It just would have been a nice pleasure to not have to ask so often.

One perk was that the breakfast was darn good. So if you stay here, make sure you get the complimentary breakfast as apart of your package. The fresh made omelets and waffles were on point!

One last thing I'd like to add, is that I was very itchy while sleeping in the bed. I don't know if I was paranoid about reading another persons review about bed bugs or what, but my husband assured me that if there were bed bugs, I would have seen marks on my body from where they bit me. However, I still felt itchy each night I slept in the bed. I just dealt with it, since my husband didn't feel the same way and I had just showered before laying down in it.

Other than that, I hadn't been to Cleveland in a while, and I guess the Steel Industry is at a lost and because of the market crashing, it's very deserted and slow around there. I just something happens to revitalize the area soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear Travelista22,

We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay. Though you had some concerns, we are happy to know that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities we have to offer. Your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be addressed accordingly. We hope Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare is your hotel of choice when visiting Cleveland again.

Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Next to our room was a mean angry man yelling awful things. The F word was used 100's of times. I called desk 2 and the police came after that and no one was hauled off. I got to sleep from 11 to 12:45. Gave up and took a shower at 3:11 and checked out 4:10 a.m. Girl at desk asked how was your stay......ARE YOU KIDDING.."What can I do to make it better? It's too late now I'm checking out! Maybe when I called the first 2 times that might have been asked. THE WORST NIGHT OF MY STAY ANYWHERE!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear stormvalley,

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I finally made my dream trip of visiting the ity of Cleveland to see my Cavaliers play at the Quicken Loans Arena. This trip was a big deal for me as I've been the Australia's biggest Cavs fan since the age of 9. I really wanted everything to run smoothly on this trip.

When I arrived the staff were very friendly, we had a bit of a laugh straight off the bat with my Aussie pronounciation of the letter Z being 'zed' and the Americans saying 'zee'. Check in was quick and easy and left with a grin on my face. The room was awesome, nice King sized bed, really nice desk where I had my laptop set up and stuff. TV was a little bit outdated but that was the only flaw of the room. I had housekeeping knock on my door every second day, I was staying for a week, to see if I needed fresh towels or sheets ect.

Location was also perfect. Within walking distance of the Quicken Loans Arena to see all the Cavs games and also within walking distance of the giant mall. Something by the name of Tower City Mall or something close to that.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay. Staff was great, and knowledgable, facilities great, really nice gym and location was perfect. Really reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear CavalierCam,

We are thrilled to have been part of your dream to visit Cleveland and see the Cavaliers play! Your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and “awesome” accommodations have been passed along to our entire staff. We hope to see you again when visiting Cleveland.

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. The room was comfortabel, the food was great and it had an excellent gym. Also, the front desk was particularly friendly and professional... especially Dana, who listened to my request and provided excellent customer service. I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear LLG014,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your comments regarding the excellent customer service provided by Dana has been passed along to the entire staff. Thank you, we look forward to your next visit.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I didn't expect this hotel to be as nice as it was. The photos on the web site don't do it justice. The room was a very nice size. The bed was comfortable, but there was hair on the sheets - other than that it seemed clean. The bathroom & sink were a bit run down, but ok.

Used room service which was very prompt and very tasty. The server was very friendly.

Front desk staff was pleasant, hotel lobby very attractive. Fitness center was very nice.

My biggest complaint is it is a pet-friendly hotel, and I had a dog in the room next to me barking until 11:30pm that night.

Right next to theather district - it only took a few minutes to walk to the theater.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear Annakmem089,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that your accommodations were comfortable and our staff was pleasant. It is our hope that Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare is your hotel of choice when visiting Cleveland again.

L Perez

Been to Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square? Share your experiences!