“Can't get any closer to the airport.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Michigan
“Can't get any closer to the airport.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Not much to look at from the outside, but major renovations on the inside make this a beautiful hotel. Very comfortable and convenient as the only hotel on airport property. Desk staff were a little distracted. I'm not picky nor do I expect much more than friendly, but I felt as though I was keeping them from something more important. Stayed two nights and my key card wouldn't work each time I came back to my room. Again, not a huge deal but desk staff seemed put out each time I had to come back down to get it fixed. All in all its great for business travel and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel. We are proud of our multi-million dollar renovation. The hotel strives to provide high-quality service to all our guests and I apologize that we did not meet those expectations on your visit. I have shared your comments with our staff to avoid any future occurrences such as this one. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your business travels find yourself in Cleveland.

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

We won this on priceline last minute and it turned out to be a great get. We were so close to the airport you could literally walk there. They had a very convenient shuttle that took 2 minutes. It was hard to find the car rental return from the hotel. Just keep following the signs in the boonies.
The bed was SO comfortable and everything looked updated. Nice shower. They had 3 computers in the bar area you could use for free for 45 minutes. Great for checking the email. Even thought it was next to the airport I didnt hear planes. So it was quiet. We checked in about 7 pm. They had free parking but it looked like an ordeal to quickly get it out. There was a garage under the hotel parking. So we took back our rental car and that was much faster in the morning.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. The hotel prides itself on location and proximity to the airport and I am pleased to see you were able to take advantage of our amenities such as the computer area. The complete bedding package is available for sale- from the mattress to the sheets and pillows. If you would like more information, please contact me and I would be more than happy to give you information. We have arrangements with 2 rental car companies where you can pick up and drop off your rental car right in our parking lot. If your travels find you in Cleveland again, please contact me directly and I would be happy to tell you more.
Wayne, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I'm not sure if I got a non-renovated room (or if there are any renovated rooms to speak of), but my room at this dated hotel was in serious need of renovation. It looked like something from the 70's. And the worst part - it smelled. I believe it was mainly from a mildewy smell in the room.

The Marriott Cleveland Airport, where I moved to for my final night, is amazing. Very modern hotel and room decor. By all means, avoid the Sheraton in favor of the Marriott when staying near CLE.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all comments and are sorry that your experience at our newly renovated hotel was not acceptable to you. The front desk would have been happy to move you to another room if requested. We strive to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Typically, our guests are quite pleased with the comfortable beds and pillows. All of our rooms feature a brand new all-white linen package with deluxe duvets, luxurious sheets, and feather down and hypoallergenic pillows. Thank you again for your comments, I hope you will reconsider and try us again sometime.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed here before flying out for our honeymoon. It is very convenient if you are flying our early in the morning and want a good nights rest. We used our Star points and stayed at the Concierge level which made the room a bit nicer that usual. There were renovations during our stay so we were sad we couldn't use the pool and other facilities. We did enjoy a free breakfast at the restaurant (due to our Starwood Preferred Guest Status) which was very good for a free meal. The shuttle picked us up at the front door and dropped us off right in front of our airline. It was very easy and convenient. Great Value!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your comments and congratulations on your wedding. I am happy you were able to take advantage of our Concierge level and all of the amenities it has to offer. Our convenient location is great for times like yours with an early morning flight. The renovation is complete at the hotel and we are very happy with the new additions. I hope that if you find yourself back in the Cleveland area you will stop in and see the completed project. Once again, thank you.
Brooklyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

the staff was friendly, the room was clean but outdated and small. The hotel is being renovated .I rate the hotel average, been to better ones and also seen a lot worse shape

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your stay. I notice that you stayed with us back in May. Our renovations in the hotel have been complete since June and many visitors are taking advantage of our new offerings. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel if your travels should find you in Cleveland again.
Thank you for the comments about our staff. All associates participate in extensive service training, and I am happy to see it being put to use so frequently. Our associates are the backbone of the building, and we could not do what we do without them!
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

If I had been paying full price , I would have been upset. Our room was small ( I have been in larger european rooms ) and OK ish with very loud air conditioning. The lobby was just redone--but I was not particularly impressed. Service was great.. Breakfast buffet was fine--hard to mess up breakfast. Services if you are taking a morning flight or arriving late would be very good--you can get your Hertz rental delivered to the hotel and can check in at the airport. There is an airport shuttle. I will reccomend this hotel but only for people who have airport business.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear Reader,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel. We take pride in our proximity to the airport and services we offer, such as the complimentary airport shuttle and rental car pick up/drop off. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning. The Front Desk would have been more than happy to accommodate any requests that you may have had about switching rooms. We are very proud of the local history, and the hotel’s connection to the airport and Ohio native John Glenn’s pioneering role in the NASA’s space program inspired the design direction. The renovations have turned the hotel into a mid-century modern gem celebrating the triumph of flight
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July for business. The lobby renovation is largely complete and it is updated and modern. The front circle drive remained closed so you do have to enter through the rear of the hotel, but the walk is not too far. Rooms were nice. The signs in the airport stating '3 minutes to your room' are a bit misleading as you have to take a shuttle bus to the hotel. My experience was probably closer to 20 minutes. Rooms were clean. Got a good deal through my work travel agency at $129/ night which was much better than the $249 for Marriott downtown or $189 for Marriott near airport. Ate at the restaurant twice during the stay and found it OK. Had an issue with my bill and it was resolved but wasn't overwhelmed with how it was handled.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Reader,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate all of our guests’ feedback on our hotel and thoughts on the renovated spaces. While your issue was resolved, if you would like to talk more about it, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to discuss with you. We know how valuable a dollar is these days, and we strive to offer superior service and experience for a value. We look forward to hosting you again if your business travels find you back in Cleveland.

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!