“Great Hotel, Odd Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Maryland Heights, Missouri
“Great Hotel, Odd Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a really nice hotel. Very updated and chic. The staff is attentive and helpful, although the girl working in the club lounge was a bit too friendly and quite the oversharer. The room service food was delicious. The pool and workout rooms were also superior.

The one issue is that the hotel is hard to find and get to as it is on the airport property literally. If you are flying in or out it is a great choice but was a little difficult to maneuver in our van that we drove there in.

I would recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, it is very much appreciated. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, the amenities we have to offer and especially our staff being accomodating and friendly.

Marc Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bowie, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The staff are wonderful. Restaurant had great food with reasonably priced choices. My favorite was their meat loaf sandwich with fries, chips or fruit, $12. Several groups were there that week. Right next to airport with continuous shuttle. Only complaint was that housekeeping did not restock everything and did not remove everything they should have. They give you option of opting out of housekeeping for $5 credit per day or SPG points. I did not choose this option. Overall, good far outweighed the bad. I liked their "Link" shop, which included packaged salads and sandwiches, plus pastries and coffee. Bed was comfortable, and I slept well,

Green Features: They promote it. They offer opt out of housekeeping for an incentive.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to provide this review. I'm so pleased to read that our associates were accomodating and friendly as well as you enjoyed Hemispheres and the other services we have to offer. I do apologize for the issues with the re-stocking of items in your guestroom though and I will be sure to mention your feedback to our housekeeping manager.

Hope to serve you in the future

West Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I wasn't in town to use the airport but the room was a bargain and I couldn't pass it up. The rooms are spacious, clean and everything you'd expect for a hotel in this category. There were two bottled waters in the room and the first one was free, which was nice. They have a great pool and hot tub area. The only negative thing I could see from staying here was the parking. The lot is shared w/airport travelers as a "long term" parking area. I had to park away from the doors but it wasn't too bad. The desk validated the ticket so the cost wasn't the full amount, so that was nice. However, had I been in town for more than one night, that might have gotten pricey. Luckily, I checked in by parking in the dropoff area and went straight back out and headed to dinner. Not a lot of places to eat right by the airport so expect to get right on the highway and head up to the next exit.

Room Tip: I expected more noise being by the airport but it really wasn't that bad.
Green Features: They did have an option to leave towels on the rack as opposed to washing them. All the lights were CFL, low energy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for providing us with your feedback from your recent experience with our property. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and all the amenities we have to offer.

Hope to have you stay with us again.

Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great staff, great rooms, and an all round great experience. Staff very conscious of our needs and nothing was a problem for them. Shuttle drivers all excellent too. Very good choice for touring bands needing a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for providing us with your review. I'm super pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from the shuttles drivers, your guest room, and the entire staff.

Look forward to having you stay with us in the future

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with my daughter's soccer team. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. I was very impressed with them. The rooms were nice and the bed was very comfortable and I just loved the pillows. The hotel had a lot of nice common areas for our group to hang out.

The hallway carpets seemed to be a bit dirty. At least they were stained in numerous places on our floor. However, the main negative I have with the hotel is the breakfast they offer. The price was $12.99 per person. However, we did have a 50% coupon for the breakfast buffet. I can honestly say, it was by far the worst hotel breakfast buffet I have ever eaten at, and the ones I usually eat at are absolutely free. The fruit and breads were ok. They both seemed fresh. However, the eggs were runny and overall not very good. The breakfast meats (sausage and bacon), all seemed like they were several days old. They were tough, not very warm, and not very tasty. The hash brown potatoes were shriveled and also appeared to be several days old. My guess is that people eat so little on the buffet due to it being terrible, that they have a lot left over day to day, so they just keep reusing it. It would have been a bad breakfast if it was included with the room rate. The fact that I paid over $20 for 3 of us to eat it, was very disappointing.

Other than the breakfast and the stains in the hallway carpet, I found it to be a nice hotel. I would stay there again, but I would never eat the breakfast buffet again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reveiwing our property from your recent experience with us. I'm so pleased to read that our staff was friendly and accomodating for you during your stay. We strive to provide great service to all of our guests and I'm so glad that service occurred with you. I do want to apolgoize for the unpleasant experience you encountered for breakfast. I have passed along your feedback to our Executive Chef so he is made aware and can definately look into making changes.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our flight was canceled (thank you United!) and we had to spend the night in Cleveland. The Sheraton is right at the airport, the only airport that can claim that. The Marriott, Hilton, et al, are all 10-15 minutes away. The Sheraton offers a shuttle from baggage claim and we were, door to door, at the Sheraton in less than 5 minutes. Plus, we found out the following day, one can actually just walk over to the hotel from the airport.
PROS:
Great comfortable beds.
Excellent-functioning air conditioning.
Lots of outlets to recharge devices
Great service in the restaurant
Restaurant had a lot of local fare, which I always love.
CONS:
Hallway had an odd smell to it the whole time we were there
No closet - basically a bar with some hangers on it - looks cheap
Our windows were filthy and the carpet in our room had clearly not been vacuumed as there were bits of paper and other dirt throughout our room. It seemed a tad odd that the beds, linens were all made, set properly, yet the carpet was a mess.
Not sure why the decor is not more locally inspired, that is, Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, Lake Erie, Indians/Cavs/Browns related pictures, items, etc. throughout would be a nice touch
This hotel was great in location if you need to be near the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your reveiw. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Although your visit to us was not planned, I'm please to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our staff was accomodating and friendly. You did mention a couple of items with your guest room (closet doors, dirty carpet, etc). I wanted to let you know that we recently completed a full guest room renovation and are 97% complete, we are waiting on a few finishing touches (closet doors), but for your carpet to not have been vaccummed that is not our standard so I apologize.

Hope to serve you in the future

Madison, Wisconsin, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last six months on business and on each and every time it has been a major disappointment. Checking in as a platinum I requested a suite upgrade if one was available, the desk clerk was a trainee and was excited to give me a different room. When I got to the room was with two double beds and not a suite. I called down and did get a nice room with a king size bed. As I had a very important meeting went to the club along to get a cuppa coffee. The coffee machine was not on and I did not know how to turn it on. I called the front desk on my cell phone as there was no phone in the club lounge. A lady came up and did get the machine working all though she did not know what she was doing. Put in a wake up call for 530 and another one at 5:45 as I have a 6:15 AM breakfast meeting. I woke up and looked at the clock and it was 6:09 am, I jumped out of bed did a quick shower ran frantically to get to my meeting and then realized that the clock in the room at the wrong time on the click. What an incredible fiasco. 3 times problems at this hotel. I truly believe this is a training issue and I would recommend talking to the leadership to make sure if you utilize this hotel that your expectations are met.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm truly sorry that your stay was filled with disappointment and not exceptional as you so deserve. I can assure you that we are taking several steps to ensure that our associates are fully trained in all aspects of there jobs so that exceptional service can be provided.

Hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that your stay can be enjoyable.

Marc Jacobs

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!