“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My room was provided by the airline as my flight was cancelled. The hotel shuttle to and fro was prompt and the driver was friendly and helpful. The front desk people were equally as friendly and helpful. The in room fan was a bit noisy and the bathroom was tight but all in all I would say I would stay there agin.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, even though it was unexpected from the airlines. We strive to provide exceptional service to each and every guest and based on your feedback we have succeeded. We look forward to serving you in the future.

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Flushing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel was provided by airport because the flight was cancelled. The sheets were ripped at the bottom; the heat/air conditioning could not be adjusted; the windows were filthy and there were no curtains or drapes. It had a flickering light bulb. When I called down to the desk to have this changed, the desk clerk hung up on me.

The Sheraton Cleveland Airport
5300 Riverside Drive
Cleveland, Ohio 44135
T 216 267 1500
F 216 265 3177

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
I want to thank you for providing us with your feedback from your recent stay. My apologies for the condition of your guest room. I can assure you this is not the standard for our property and definitely not how we want our guests to be treated or experience when they are with us. I will make sure to bring your feedback to the attention of our department managers so we can make sure this doesn't happen in the future. I hope that you will give our property another chance in the future to show you the true service you deserved.

Richfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently had an event at this hotel, and couldn't be more frustrated and disappointed in the front desk staff. I will not secure this hotel for any future events. Customer Service was extremely poor, and the parking was unbelievable difficult. If you're going to go automated in parking, then lets be sure that the system works before implementing. Front Desk needs to be sent to "customer service" workshops before they are hired -- TIP OF THE DAY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent experience with our property. I'm very sorry for the unpleasant experience you encountered with our Front Office staff and parking lot. We just completed a parking lot resurfacing and the issues you described have been addressed, but I apologize again that we did not better serve you and our guests at the time you were here. Regarding our Front Office staff the service you experienced is not our standard and I can assure you we are working with all of our associates so that we provide nothing but exceptional service.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I could not have been happier with this hotel.  The entire property seemed clean and well maintained, the check-in process was smooth and efficient, and every staff member I encountered seemed pleasant and eager to help.

The first room they assigned me had been smoked in by the previous guest, and when I complained about the smell they found another room for me very quickly and said they would take the smoky room out of service to be more thoroughly cleaned.

The room had been recently renovated so everything in the room seemed fresh and new, although it seemed very dark, perhaps due to the dark colored wallpaper.  Even though all the standard amenities were there, the (standard king) room was pretty small. As a solo traveler it worked fine, but a family would be cramped. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept well. I heard almost no noise from my neighbors, but there was some hallway and airport noise as well as the occasional whistle from nearby trains.  The free wifi in the room worked well, everything else in the room was functional, and there was plenty of hot water in the shower.

Breakfast in the restaurant was average. For an airport hotel the prices seemed very reasonable, but the breakfast buffet was pretty much the same spread you'd find for free at a Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn.  They will also build you an omelet for no extra charge - just tell them to go easy on the butter.  Their lunch sandwiches are teriffic though - have them make you one to go so you can take it on the plane.

The Sheraton's workout room is very large, and the pool and hot tub were clean and in good order.  You do have to hunt for the hot tub switch (a sign letting you know it's actually in the hot tub would be helpful).  The pool area is used as a corridor between the back parking lot and lobby, which might be unnerving to some.

If you arrive by car there's plenty of space to temporarily park your car during check-in. If you fly in it's only a five minute walk from the airport. Ignore other comments that it's not walkable from the airport - there is a covered walkway that will take you from the terminal, through the parking garage, directly to the hotel parking lot.

If you're an SPG member, be aware that the lounge is closed for renovation until early June.

I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing your review regarding your recent experience with our property. I've very pleased you found our property and our amenities to be to your liking. We strive to provide exceptional service to each and every guest and based on your details you succeeded. We look forward to being able to service you in the future.

Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Surprisingly quiet room, recently renovated lobby with small Starbucks. Shuttle to/from airport complimentary. Fast check in. Club lounge closed so got free buffet in restaurant. Service was excellent but fruit was questionable, and eggs and potatoes had no flavor. Yes, I would stay here again. SPG floor offered free tea/coffee and energy bars plus water which was nice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast, but I will be sure to bring your feedback to the attention of our Executive Chef so we can look into this as we don't want our guests having this type of experience in our restaurant.

Hope we have a chance to serve you in the future.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

It was my first time back at the Sheraton Cleveland airport since the remodel. I thought they did a great job on both the rooms and lobby. As always the staff is very nice. I was very impressed with the food at their restaurant( ate at the bar, same menu). They have a wide variety and everything was fresh. As an SPG Platinum member I was given access to the Club Lounge. It is about to be completely remodeled and I am sure it will be great based on the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience with our property. I'm so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and our staff was friendly and helpful. We currently are working on finishing our club lounge remodel so I encourage and hope you will stay with us in the future to be able to enjoy our completely remodeled property.

Akron, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed one night before leaving for the west coast. Porters were very helpful. My room rate of $144 included 14 days parking in their outside lot. I signed up for Spg.com Starwood preferred guest program which gave me 4 nights free parking. I paid nothing to leave my car 18 days. Check in was a breeze. Room was very nice with 2 doubles, limited TV, but flat screen and large. In the morning, the porter and shuttle had us inside the airport in less than 20 minutes from our call to the front desk! Would do this again when flying out early!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for submitting this review regarding our property and your stay. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and found our location, amneities and associates to be to your liking and friendly. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Marc Jacobs

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!