“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Houston, Texas
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Chose this hotel to be close to the airport for an early morning flight and to save time by being able to walk to the terminal instead of having to take a shuttle bus (and its scheduled departure times). However, the walk does entail a short section in the elements and a rather circuitous route, so not quite what I had in mind.
However, the hotel has very comfortable rooms and little noise comes through the insulated windows. I noted some areas – carpets inside the elevator, carpeting in the hallways – that need an update, but I believe this is underway. Lobby bar had happy hour wine tasting of several 90+ point bottles, so that was quite interesting. Bar service, as well as the front desk, was very pleasant,.
Oh - ended-up taking the hotel shuttle anyway because of the inclement weather! One difference – the shuttle service is on request.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the front are even quiter, as the terminal is on the opposite side.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for submitting a review regarding your experience with our property. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with only a few minor issues (slight noise). You are correct that we are currently updating our guest rooms and hope that you will stay with us in the future so you can enjoy the complete transformation for yourself.

Marc Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Good hotel, great location for travelling in and out of the airport. Restuarant was very good, bar staff very friendly and accomodating. Rooms were decent. Hotel is under construction however, and is a bit noisy and dirty at times due to this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing this review regarding your experience at our property. I'm pleased to read that you found our location to fit your needs, our Hemispheres staff was accommodating and friendly. We look forward to serving you in the future and hope you will enjoy our transformation that is happening,

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The staff was wonderful and so was the courteous service attitude. Lobby and conference rooms were nice and modern, but guest rooms were outdated.

Inconvenient locations of outlets. No nightstand, desk outlets. Dated bath & showerhead.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for providing your review from your recent experience with our property. I'm pleased to read that our associates were friendly and you found our meeting spaces to be modern and efficient. You mentioned our guest rooms being outdated, and I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on a full guest room renovation that is addressing all the items you mentioned. It is truly going to be an amazing transformation and I hope that in the future you will stay with us again to see the transformation for yourself. Thanks again for your feedback and look forward to serving you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is my 1st or 2nd review that I leave for a hotel in my life so far. Just because I don't care enough or was rarely impressed. My name is Karim Boustany and I have no incentive to do this. As a matter of fact, I am late to go to the airport - flying back home in 2 hours. Here is goes (no order):

1- ARRIVAL
I originally booked through a 3rd party a suite for 2 nights but at check-in I was told that my room was regular and booked for 1 night only. Of course I was upset so they quickly fixed it by speaking with the 3rd party company and giving me what I am supposed to get.

2- RESTAURANT
Impeccable service. They will make whatever you wish for unless you overdo it of course. For example they would serve you lunch items at breakfast. As for quality, they compete with high-end boutique hotels. For example my salmon was grilled, roasted, and baked to perfection, which if you know means medium-rare with a perfect surface.

3- ROOM
My phone was down a day after arrival. It was fixed within an hour. I needed additional items such as shampoo. They were delivered within 15 min. I also learned that the hotel is in the middle of a renovation process that goes floor by floor starting from the top. Guess what, during my entire stay I did not hear any noise whatsoever, even though you know that sound mostly travels vertically in buildings.

4- INTERNET
It is free wherever you go in the hotel, even inside your room. Even if it seems insignificant, these little things make the difference, especially if you compare with hotel that claim themselves to be better. They also have computers in a business center area that you can use for 45 min every 25 hours for free, including printing privileges.

5- SWIMMING
The swimming pool's temperature is not too cold and not too warm. The hot tub is very comfortable. I didn't know how to turn it on. A housekeeper was passing by so I kindly asked her and with a smile she helped me without throwing it on lengthy technical support processes such as engineers etc.

6- BAR
I wanted a drink late night when I arrived from business meetings and dinner and before heading to my room. Bar was empty of customers and darkly lit. I politely asked if it was possible. The bartender very professionally asked me to request any drink and advised that I take it wherever I wished even to my room if desired.

7- TRANSPORTATION
They have a free shuttle that runs from/to the airport 24 hours a day and on demand. Yes- on demand. Just call the hotel and see it arriving within 5 min. Moreover, if you want to head downtown to visit the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Museum for example, trains from the airport would take you in 15 min or so and for a $5 pass for the entire day.

8- EXTENSION
I got stuck here due to the severe snow storm that hit the Midwest. Most flights were cancelled or delayed a few days. Mine was delayed several days. They extended my stay for 25% less than current room rate in order to make it up for the little inconvenience I had at check-in (see above if necessary).

9- CHECK-OUT
I found a way to return home earlier than expected so they didn't charge me for the entire extension even though they are far from being underbooked. Additionally, I learned that at about 4pm but they didn't charge me any late fee or extra day and even asked me to take my time in packing.

10- LOBBY
Not to abuse their kindness, I packed faster than usual and waited in the hotel lobby just because I preferred that to waiting at the airport (comfortable and free access to internet and computers). The concierge saw me, approached me, and asked if there anything he can help me with. When he heard that I was just waiting, he asked me to request a shuttle to the airport anytime I desired and they'll have it here within a minute or so. Also, the restaurant waitress saw me and brought me an espresso the way I liked it.

All this excellent service is due to both staff and management, so I do no justice in naming just a few, but these were the individuals that I had direct interactions with as stated above:
Ben Ferrell
Chef Damon
Kalama Jacobson
Robert Beavers
Kevin Shaffer
Suzie Karim
Ruby Soto
Dave Stoyka

Hats off to all... it's not about the song but about the singer !

Happy new year,
-KB

Room Tip: Corner suites
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and providing a review of our property from your recent stay. I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and all of our associates were friendly and accommodating. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and your feedback proves that we have succeeded. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to all the departments so they can share it with our associates. Thank you for staying with us and hope we can serve you in the future.

Leawood, Ks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My return flight from holiday visiting was very early, so I opted for an airport hotel. I was a little apprehensive, thinking that the amenities would be virtually non-existent, but I am happy to report that I was wrong!

This hotel is pristinely clean, with a super-friendly and helpful staff, nice restaurant, and convenient location. The Rapid Transit is located at the airport, for easy access to Downtown Cleveland and beyond. The only complaint I have is that to access the hotel from the parking lot, you have to go through the pool area. Nevertheless, I will stay here the next time I am in the Cleveland area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your review of our property during your recent stay. I'm glad to read that we were able to surprise you with the amenities we have to offer and our friendly staff. Look forward to accommodating you in the future for your travel needs.

Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here because of its proximity to the airport. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but it was clean and comfortable. Relatively quiet, even though it was new year's eve. We had breakfast at the restaurant, the food and service were very good. It was a good value overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review from your recent stay. I'm please to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found your guest room to be clean and comfortable as well as the restaurant. Look forward to being able to serve you in the future.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here while visiting family in the area. The rooms are clean and at standard. Parking does require payment of $7/night for hotel guests. The gym equipment is fantastic, from treadmills and ellipticals to foam rollers, massage sticks and stretch bands. Nice pool and hot tub as well. The restaurant food was quite good, and we got a lot of it for free due to vouchers for not using the housekeeping services. Location right by the airport with 24 hour shuttle access and easy freeway access as well. Overall very convenient stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our property from you recent stay. I'm pleased to read that you found our property and the amenities we have to offer to be to your liking. Hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Marc Jacobs

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!