“Convenient to airport. Decent.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Convenient to airport. Decent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed on business for 2 nights. Convenient to the airport. Rooms were clean. I didn't notice any problems with noise. Restaurant/bar was surprisingly good, I would say better than the average Sheraton. Breakfast was decent. I would stay there again, especially if I wanted to be close the the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to serving you in the future.

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sagamore Hills
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel so I have no opinion on the quality of their rooms. I did attend a catered party last Saturday night for a local company that operates several day care centers in the Cleveland area. I believe this is the third time that the party has been held there. I hope it is the last. The food is not worth the cost. The salads must have been left out for some time because all the greens were warm, limp, and inedible. The staff brought one basket of rolls to the table with one roll for each person and that was it - no refills. The food was set up buffet style in another room. There was one vegatable, green beans, that were cold and undercooked. My wife tried to scoop some mashed potatoes and they were so dry that you could not get the potatoes to drop off the serving spoon unless you used your fingers or remembered to bring your utensils. The roast beef and pork were acceptable and the chicken was very good. The dessert table was gross. Staff set out full uncut cakes. Everyone had to cut their own piece. Many people were handling the same utensils - so much for infection control. It would have been better to serve smaller, individual cakes or have someone there to cut the cakes for the guests. The bartender was a bit gruff. I had a free drink ticket and asked for bourbon on the rocks. He poured me a three count shot and told me "if you want more, you have to pay cash." He should have kept that to himself. This event is very important to the owner of the day care centers, and I know she paid a lot of money for this catered event. Here's hoping she goes somewhere else next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent event. I would like to apologize you did not enjoy the food and that our staff was not attentive. I can assure you this is not standard at our property and will definitely be sharing your feedback with our Executive Chef and Banquet Manager.

Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This isn't my first time staying at this particular hotel and all of my previous stays were delightful. I've had both room service and dinner at the restaurant on site and the food is great as are the servers.
This last weekend I was a little grossed out by what I found. I went to make myself a cup of coffee using the in room coffee maker and when I opened the Starbucks cup to fill with water, it had already been used! It even had the smell of the tea from the previous use when you opened the lid. I was completely wigged out by this and I started to question where else the hotel was cutting corners. Are they not changing the sheets if it "looks" clean? It just felt gross being in the room. I understand that when you stay at a hotel you can't be a germaphobe but using a coffee cup that was used by some else and with remnants of the last users tea? Well I have to draw a line somewhere and this would be it.
Surely Sheraton can afford to replace coffee cups in the room?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take our guests feedback very serious as it allows us to make the necessary changes to better serve our guests. I can assure you that I will be passing your feedback onto our Housekeeping Manager because this is not our standard we follow when cleaning our guests room. I apologize for your experience and hope that you will give our property another chance in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Mgr Israel and another young man were super helpful during a recent stay. The room was average for a Sheraton. On my return flight and stay there a different person was at the front desk late in the evening. He was rude, flippant and dismissive. The Club floor is currently under renovation and when I booked via the 800 # they were unaware and told me to ask for availability upon arrival. He refused to help or field questions on room options and the fact that the club fl was closed etc.., It seemed like he just wanted me to go away instead of responding to my inquires. The room that time was older and had a weird smell to it. Not sure what it was, just kind of musty moldy type smell. Not good situation AT ALL 2nd time around.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide this room from your recent stay. I'm pleased to read that our Front Office Manager and other night desk agent was pleasant and helpful. I'm disappointed that another associate of ours was not accommodating. I can assure you this is not the type of service we provide to our guests and I will be sure to forward your feedback to our Operations Manager. I hope that you will give our property another chance to really show you the customer service you deserve from the moment you book to the moment you depart.

Binghamton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked our stay on Hotwire, so we did not make the choice to stay here. However, after our visit last night, we will never stay here again. The first disappointment is that despite the fact that Hotwire and other sites said free parking, it cost us $7 to park overnight.

We were also less than satisfied with the service. The bar staff were less than friendly, and the morning front desk staff were rude (as opposed to the fine young man who checked us in upon arriving).

The rooms were decent, but smelled like chemicals and the sheets were low quality.

• Stayed December 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property from your recent stay. I would also like to apologize for the experience you had with us. We pride ourselves on having exceptional customer service with every guest and it disappoints me to read that your stay was not exceptional. You also mentioned that your room was not up to par. We are in the process of doing a complete guest room renovation and I encourage you to come back and give our property another chance in the future so we can give you 100% exceptional service.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had trouble with my connecting flight and was given a voucher for this property. The staff was very good and my room was wonderful. I did not have time to see anything but the hotel restaruant and lobby, but I felt like it is a great place (especially for business travelers). My room and bed provided some much needed sleep with comfort. I had some curry at the restaruant and it was good. The shuttle makes it to the airport so quickly! We were on the road for only 2-3 minutes!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our amenities to be to your liking. I hope that you will stay with us in the future for any traveling needs that bring you to Cleveland.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed a few nights each way on a road-trip to visit family and as I like to use the SPG program, this hotel fit the bill. I wasn't disappointed except for one thing - the beds could have been a bit more comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't too much noise from the airport. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a room that's not too far from the parking lot which is in...