“Several stays/ very different experiences” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Chicago, Illinois
“Several stays/ very different experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Mgr Israel and another young man were super helpful during a recent stay. The room was average for a Sheraton. On my return flight and stay there a different person was at the front desk late in the evening. He was rude, flippant and dismissive. The Club floor is currently under renovation and when I booked via the 800 # they were unaware and told me to ask for availability upon arrival. He refused to help or field questions on room options and the fact that the club fl was closed etc.., It seemed like he just wanted me to go away instead of responding to my inquires. The room that time was older and had a weird smell to it. Not sure what it was, just kind of musty moldy type smell. Not good situation AT ALL 2nd time around.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this room from your recent stay. I'm pleased to read that our Front Office Manager and other night desk agent was pleasant and helpful. I'm disappointed that another associate of ours was not accommodating. I can assure you this is not the type of service we provide to our guests and I will be sure to forward your feedback to our Operations Manager. I hope that you will give our property another chance to really show you the customer service you deserve from the moment you book to the moment you depart.

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Binghamton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked our stay on Hotwire, so we did not make the choice to stay here. However, after our visit last night, we will never stay here again. The first disappointment is that despite the fact that Hotwire and other sites said free parking, it cost us $7 to park overnight.

We were also less than satisfied with the service. The bar staff were less than friendly, and the morning front desk staff were rude (as opposed to the fine young man who checked us in upon arriving).

The rooms were decent, but smelled like chemicals and the sheets were low quality.

• Stayed December 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property from your recent stay. I would also like to apologize for the experience you had with us. We pride ourselves on having exceptional customer service with every guest and it disappoints me to read that your stay was not exceptional. You also mentioned that your room was not up to par. We are in the process of doing a complete guest room renovation and I encourage you to come back and give our property another chance in the future so we can give you 100% exceptional service.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had trouble with my connecting flight and was given a voucher for this property. The staff was very good and my room was wonderful. I did not have time to see anything but the hotel restaruant and lobby, but I felt like it is a great place (especially for business travelers). My room and bed provided some much needed sleep with comfort. I had some curry at the restaruant and it was good. The shuttle makes it to the airport so quickly! We were on the road for only 2-3 minutes!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our amenities to be to your liking. I hope that you will stay with us in the future for any traveling needs that bring you to Cleveland.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed a few nights each way on a road-trip to visit family and as I like to use the SPG program, this hotel fit the bill. I wasn't disappointed except for one thing - the beds could have been a bit more comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't too much noise from the airport. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a room that's not too far from the parking lot which is in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. Our guests feedback is crucial to us as it allows us to make the necessary changes to our property so that every guest is satisfied with their stay. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with our property and that you will stay with us again when traveling.

Nolanville, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was booked in to this property by my clients for a one night stay. they picked this particular property as I was on a 6:15 flight the next morning.

Property is very nice, and quiet for being near an airport. Rooms are nice. They put me on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor (even though I 'm not one, so I'm not sure hot is compares to the general rooms.

They were having wine tasting the night I was there and I not only got a free glass of wine (certificate on my pollow) but I also got to sample several others. By that time I was too tired to go anywhere to eat, so I ate in their restaurant, which was, surprisingly, very good. Service was great as well.

I would recommend the property. Pricey, but it's right next to the airport, literally a three minute ride away via their shuttle which runs 24/7.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm please to read that you enjoyed your time with us and the service was good. We pride ourselves on making each and every guest feel welcomed. We hope to serve in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 1 night for business and it was extremely difficult to even access my room! The first key card the receptionist gave me did not work. So I lugged all my bags down to the lobby to get a second one (to a different room). I also did the polite thing and waited on line again. This took an extra 10 minutes as some yahoo was asking where the best food was near the airport... So eventually I asked the front desk person "is this 2nd card going to work? Because if it doesn't I will be upset". He assured me it would work.

Lo and behold, it did not work. So I trekked back to the front desk, did not wait on line, and just put the key card down in front of him. They were apologetic and upgraded me to a suite, however, I would have preferred just a regular room as the suite was overlooking the tarmac and very noisy. I guess I should have expected that staying at an airport hotel, but there probably are some rooms somewhere in this hotel that don't face the airport (I just couldn't access any of them!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Secondly I would like to apologize for the many issues you had with your room key. I can assure you this is not a common practice with our property and will making this a priority of our maintenance department to make sure that our keys and lock mechanisms on the guest doors are working properly. We don't want you or any guest in the future to have to experience that again. I hope that you will give our property another chance in the future to show you that your stay can be enjoyable and problem free.

New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Cleveland Airport Sheraton November 7-10, 2013. We had two rooms, one for my husband and me and one for our teenage daughter. Originally, we were going to go with one room, but changed our minds when we got there. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, and got us two adjacent rooms without any fuss. Rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, furnishings were up to date. We had a TV (we didn't watch it), dresser, two night tables, alarm clock, a chair and small side table, and a desk. Bathroom was immaculate, but for some evidence of leakage or water damage on the ceiling over the shower. They provide a hair dryer and the usual amenities. My only complaint was that the heating unit was very noisy and woke us up every time it switched on. It worked fine, but the fan speed was high. I'm not sure that could be adjusted. It was cold enough that we needed the heat. We tried warming up the room and then turning off the heat when we went to bed, but the room got too cold for us.

We chose the "no housekeeping" option and got vouchers good for $5 off meals at the hotel restaurant, or we could have opted to get points. We opted to get money off breakfast. Breakfast was okay. Nice selection of food, generous portions, but nothing to write home about in terms of flavor.

The rental car pickup and return place is 3 or 4 miles from the hotel, but the hotel has a service where they'll notify the rental company to come pick up your car, saving you valuable time the morning of your departure. Otherwise, you'd have to drive over to the car return, then wait for a shuttle back to the airport. As the hotel really is right AT the airport, it's very nice that they can take care of it for you. They drive you to your terminal in the Sheraton shuttle.

The hotel also has a small pool, hot tub, exercise room, and spa, but we didn't have time to use any of these.

A very enjoyable visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the amenities we have to offer. We strive to provide each guest with exceptional service and make them feel comfortable while traveling. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Marc Jacobs

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!