“Good Airport Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Kettering, Ohio
“Good Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We wanted to spend the day at IX Indoor Amusement Park and did not want to drive back late at night so we chose to stay down the street at this hotel. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is AT the airport. The exit from the highway says "airport exit only" - this IS the exit you want. Paying $10 for parking (and not very good parking at that) is a bit annoying. However, it is at the airport so I suppose that should be expected. If you are going to come in and out, speak with the desk to have the $10 charged to your room so you do not have to pay each time you come and go.

Check in/out was easy and the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was nice - nothing stood out as exceptional but it was more than adequate. It appeared to be renovated recently. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of blankets and pillows. Everything seemed clean and there were plenty of towels. The walls are not very thick, so if you have noisy neighbors or are close to the elevator you may not have a good experience here.

We spent some time in the hot tub and pool area and it was well maintained. The pool was actually warm, not freezing like a lot of hotel pools. The hot tub is a bit on the smaller side - but it served its purpose for us. There were plenty of pool towels to grab and the area was clean with plenty of tables and chairs.

Based on other reviews, we chose not to eat breakfast here. We did walk by the restaurant downstairs and it appeared spacious, clean and typical of a hotel. There were not many people in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, get a room away from noisy areas like the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay with our property. Our guests feedback is crucial to making the necessary changes to better our property and the service we provide. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and found our property to be to your liking. You mentioned the parking lot, and having some difficulties and we are in the process of trying to find ways to make it conveinent for our guests. I'm sorry to hear that you did not stop in Hemispheres to experience our breakfast buffet, as we have made some upgrades and changes to the menu. The next time you find yourself in need of accomodations I hope you will stay with us again.

Marc Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Checked in for a 2 night stay as a Platinum. Couldn't ask for a better location...walking distance from the terminal. Decent lobby and lots of parking, but the rooms? About as tired as I've ever seen from a Sheraton! I was on the 9th floor (the "Club" floor). Tired, old rooms and case goods, and the most bizarre bath layout (sort of an "L" shaped room with a stall shower...with curtain(!)...very 80's) I can remember. This property is screaming for a room renovation. The service was fine...received more towels within minutes, and a replacement pillow, and the staff were nice.
The Lounge? A joke. Only open a few hrs in the AM and PM...the breakfast selection is a joke. But here's a tip...if you want a decent breakfast instead of the pitiful morning selection, ask at the desk...for about $3.75, you can use the main restaurant's breakfast buffet. Nt superb, but worth it.

A plus: Good snack/sundries shop in the lobby serves Starbucks and is open late.

Room Tip: Pray for a renovation. 9th floor (Club Floor) has slightly better rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is appreciated and extremely valued. You mentioned the guest rooms are in need of renovation, and I wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of getting that going. We just completed the lobby, restaurant, meeting spaces, and more last year and our next focus is our rooms. We want our guests to walk into them and be wowed. Our club floor will be one of the first floors to go through the renovation as well. Your feedback in regards to the club lounge food offerings will be brought to the attention of our Executive Chef and hopefully we can upgrade the offerings in there as well. I'm glad to see that you found our location to be conveinent and our staff accomodating. I hope we will get a chance in the future to serve you again, and you will be able to experience our newly renovated guest rooms.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I missed my flight and had to stay here. This hotel is across from the airport but it is quiet. I was able to sleep. The bed was comfortable up to par with Sheraton standard. The room was clean. I liked that there is a restaurant that served food until midnight and a bar thats open until 1am. They have an indoor atrium pool and a hot tub that I love. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. Biggest plus is the shuttle between hotel and airport. Room service for breakfast was heaven. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with our property. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback as it is the best tool to better serve our guests. Based on your comments you truly enjoyed your time with us and that is fantastic. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service with all of our guests. I'm glad you were able to get a good nights rest in our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, enjoy a meal in Hemispheres, and loved your room service breakfast. We look forward to serving you in the future the next time you find yourself traveling to Cleveland.

Sandusky, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We decided to stay at the Sheraton the night before our early flight. We have passed this hotel several times on our way to the airport. It does not look that nice from the outside. But the inside was surprisingly nice. Our room was just a normal room but very clean. We sat down stairs in some comfy chairs by the bar and had a drink. We then took the free shuttle to Macaroni Grill for dinner. They also have a small store open 24 hours. If we every have an early flight again. I am going to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay with us. Our guests comments are the best tool for us to progress. I'm glad to see that you were able to enjoy your stay and the amenities our property has to offer. We are happy to have been able to serve you the night before your trip and look forward to doing the same in the years to come.

Fairmont, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, as we bid on Priceline and this is the hotel we got. When I found out I had gotten the Sheraton (and for an extremely discounted rate) I was very happy. We were going to Cleveland for the weekend just to get away for my birthday and our anniversary. We arrived at the hotel and check in was a breeze. Then came the more difficult portion, the parking, the lot is quite crowded and if you were arriving back to the hotel later in the evening you drove around for awhile trying to find a spot which is kind of a pain when you are paying $10 a night to park. But we took it in stride. The hotel stamps your card which gets you in and out of the parking lot. They stamped ours for the 24th and we were staying until the 25th so after check out when we tried to leave the parking lot we couldn't get out. My husband had to make a trip back inside and get it revalidated so we could get out of the parking lot. So all in all I would say the parking was the biggest downfall. Our hotel room was one king bed. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable. The room itself was on the smaller side, but more than adequate for the two of us. We were in room 301 and if you are looking for some sort of a view this is not the room for you. We had a lovely view of the roof below us, but honestly we didn't care as we were only in the room long enough every day to sleep. The bathroom is probably one of the smallest ones I have seen in a hotel in a long time. There were not many extras as far as toiletries, just the standard shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. The towels were clean and there were plenty of them. They do have a wonderful program in place that allows you to place a door knob hanger on your door before 2 AM to decline housekeeping the next day to aid in going green. It was nice to see a hotel giving you this option to help the environment. When we arrived there were bottles of water there for us as well. The pool seemed to be nice although we didn't use it, it was just in a really odd location off of the lobby. Kind of strange to be walking through the lobby with your wet swimsuit on. There also is a restaurant on site, but we did not eat there. We did buy some drinks from the store in the lobby, but they are definitely overpriced. The elevators to the rooms are very quick. The hallways tended to be quite loud at night when the hotel was busy. It is also VERY close to the airport (which would be perfect for travelers), but this does add to the noise factor somewhat. All in all it is a nice hotel and perfect for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your weekend getaway at our property. We appreciate your comments as it allows us to improve every guests experience. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. The feedback you provided in regards to the parking situation will be looked at and we will do our best to make it a smoother transition for all of our guests.

Happy Birthday and Anniversary from our team at the Sheraton Cleveland

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night before flying out. I parked my car right at the hotel and in the morning took a shuttle to the terminal. It was very nice that in the morning I did not have to worry about parking my car. Price per night was 8$, but there was a note at the hotel stating that from March 20th price of the parking at the hotel will increase to 10$/night. I was told that on the way back they have "courtesy phone" (I am from Canada and don't have US cell plan), but I was not able to find it at the terminal, but I managed to call hotel and ask for the shuttle using Wi-Fi. My room was very quiet and I had good sleep before my trip. Make sure you change thermostat to run fan continuously!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. Your comments are valuable to the progress and success of our property. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy yourself and get a good nights rest before flying out the next morning. You mentioned some difficulty finding our phone bank at the airport to call for a shuttle and I'm glad you brought that to our attention. We will be sure to look into getting better signage to direct our guests to connect directly with us. Hope to serve you in the future when you find yourself traveling to Cleveland.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Got stuck in Cleveland one night and United put me up in this hotel.

LOVED that it is less than a five minute shuttle ride from the airport once they pick you up. Check in was super easy and the staff was all super nice.

The room was a decent size and the beds plush. Flat screen TV and free wi-fi. Bathroom had some amenities and even gave four bath towels. There was counter space to put your toiletries and have extra space.

The one thing I did not like about the room was the heating vent was pretty noisy while it was running. I could also hear the shower running in the room next to me the following morning while I was in the bathroom, but I think that may be expected. I could not hear any noise from the hallway all night.

The lobby area was spacious. I did not eat on the premise but there is a restaurant as well as a bar. The bar area looked pretty modern. There was also a small convenience store off of the lobby.

Overall, great airport location, comfortable and clean, and more upscale than a typical motel but also not high end.

If I get stuck again in Cleveland (not that I'm wishing for it), I wouldn't mind being put up in the Sheraton again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your "unexpected" stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to the property and we look forward to serving you in the future when your travels (expected or unexpected) find you in Cleveland.

Marc Jacobs

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!