“C'mon Sheraton, you can do better...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Naperville, Illinois
“C'mon Sheraton, you can do better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for one night travelling through Cleveland. Had made an internet reservation for a concierge level room to get the included continental breakfast (more on that later).

We called around 4pm to confirm our reservation and inform them of our late arrival. By the time we arrived later that night, the front desk manager nonchalantly informed us that rooms on the concierge floor were all sold out. No apologies offered, was more occupied sipping his drink than checking us in. However, offered us a room on the 8th floor at a discounted price and included access to the 9th floor (or so I thought) for breakfast in the concierge lounge. Next morning, tried to access the 9th floor without luck. Took a trip down to the reception and had to go through the entire episode at night with the morning clerk before he gave us a separate elevator key for the 9th floor. Now for the Breakfast - am glad that it was 'free'. It is absolutely not worth paying for. The oatmeal was awful and the scrambled eggs seemed like yellow plastic stuck together. The hostess, however, was very helpful and nice.

Recommendation - do not pay the extra $30 dollars for the concierge level room, if you intend to just include the breakfast.

The room was coming apart, literally, at its seams. The ceiling had a major crack in it, almost to the extent of the plaster falling off. The room had an individual window air conditioner that was as loud as a freight train. You could not keep it on and the thermostat kicking it on/off was enough to wake you up every time. The bath room amenities were poor, not Sheraton level, unless they are dropping their level to a two star chain. The towels needed another washing.

The parking was a nightmare as discussed here by other review, so we wont go into the details.

Clearly an avoidable property at this time. Would recommend the several other hotels that I saw nearby.

Room Tip: Some reviewers claim that the renovated rooms are nice. Am pretty sure I was not in one of them. So...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is valubale and appreciated. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience you encountered while with us. We strive ourselves on providing exceptional service from the moment you arrive until you depart. Your unpleasant experience has not been overlooked and our management team has been made aware of the issues you experienced. I hope that you will give our property another chance in the future to show you the improvements we have made throughout.

Marc Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Airport while on a committee to interview candidates for a job. The rooms were very comfortable and had nice touches, for instance I had a robe behind the bathroom door in my room. The food in the Hemispheres restaurant was of good quality and reasonably priced, especially for an airport hotel. I did not use the pool but it looked lovely and there s a gym beside it. Overall, I had a very good experience. I would only have one negative---what's with the cheap toilet paper. I haven't found that single ply, sandpapery texture in a hotel in ages.

Room Tip: I had a room at the end of the hall on the eighth floor. I would recommend it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to enjoy our restaurant Hemispheres. We look forward to being able to serve you in the future the next time you find yourself in Cleveland.

New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had an early flight and chose to stay at the Sheraton and park our car there for the week. The staff here is incredible. The on demand shuttle is very convenient. Our room was clean and comfortable. We will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was accomodating and pleasant. We strive to provide exceptional service and by the looks of your review we were able to accomplish that. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Toronto,Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the forth floor . The room was relatively basic but nice.
Went to take a bath and sat in the tub and noticed hairs by the tiles and what looked like dried blood on the tile. My flight was delayed and didn't feel like arguing about the cleaness.
You can also hear the room next you having a shower . The rooms are paper thin .

However , the restaurant food at the hotel was amazing.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is valuable to the growth and change. I want to apologize for the cleanliness of your guest room as that is not the standard we set. Your review does not go unnoticed and your comments have been brought to the attention of our Exective Housekeeper so we can ensure that your experience doesn't happen in the future.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy a great meal in our restaurant Hemispheres and I hope you will give our property another chance in the future for your traveling needs.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I loved this hotel! The front desk is very helpful and made sure that membership profile was up to date and asked if I needed any assistance with finding attractions during my stay. The hotel is very close to the freeway. It can be a little confusing getting into the hotel, but once you do it you will be fine. The beds are nice and comfortable. Sheraton hotels are still my favorite!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Sheraton brand is still your favorite. We strive to provide exceptional service and we have exceeded. Thank you for taking the time to review our property as your feedback is important to us. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I should preface this review by stating that I really had no expectations of this hotel--we stayed there for my daughter's dance competition & I chose it because we had little in the way of options. was pleasantly surprised and very impressed! Free wifi! Free breakfast! Great pool (clean)! Comfortable beds! Quiet room! Free shuttle to & from the competition at the IX centre! Knowledgable and attentive front desk staff! For the low price I blown away. We will return next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Club floor are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at our property. I will let our team know that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm glad we were able to suprise you with our hospitality. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Cleveland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our stay at the Sheraton was excellent. Our check in staff in the afternoon was super friendly. We stayed in a recently renovated room with a King size bed. The room was very clean and had all the necessary amenities. If I had to pick a complaint, it would be the bathroom. It was a little snug (and there is no fan). The workout room is open 24/7 and the equipment is very up to date. The indoor pool / hot tub was perfect for the little ones. I can't go overboard on the morning staff. Don't get me wrong, they were nice but the afternoon/evening staff was very attentive and made you feel welcome. The breakfast buffet was okay. By the time we got down there around 8:30, a lot of stuff was gone and they were out of bowls. Eggs were not good either. But we had a very friendly waitress. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
It's nice to see that you were wowed by our afternoon/evening front office staff, your morning waitress and that you enjoyed your guest room although the bathroom was a little snug. Your feedback both the positive and negatives are important to us and doesn't get overlooked. We are here to make every guests stay enjoyable and your feedback allows us to make the necessary changes.
Our executive chef and front office manager have been made aware of your feedback and they appreciate that. We hope to be able to serve you in the future and show you the progress that has been made.

Marc Jacobs

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!