“Hard to beat it for convenience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Los Angeles, CA
“Hard to beat it for convenience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It couldn't be easier to deal with returning a car and catching an early morning flight. If you rented from Hertz, you can just turn in your keys and contract to the front desk when you check in and they'll take care of it for you. The hotel is pleasant and clean and it's a quick shuttle ride to catch your flight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington State
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for one night prior to departing Cleveland. You can't beat the location as it is literally at the bottom of the ramp to the departure doors.

When I arrived, I was greeted by the front end staff. I was given confusing information about parking and had to ask later how to work the in/out parking. I was given my keys but never told where the elevator was, nor what room number I was even in (I do realize they wrote it on the key card holder). I wasn't acknowledged as an SPG member at check in.

The lobby looked updated. There was a restaurant onsite. I saw many of the convention spaces and they looked good.

When I got to my room, I was really disappointed. It was small. It was also old, somewhat damp smelling, and the rooms didn't have a lot of sound insulation. Some of the problems that I encountered or found troubling was litter in the hallway (for hours), I was placed right next to the elevator (despite my SPG status which is supposed to grant me "the best available room"), I could literally hear the person in the room next door to me choking on snot, and at 9pm at night, there was some drilling or sawing on the floor below me.

I did tweet the SPG team and they responded quickly. As I checked out early the next morning, the manager was unable to speak with me but did reach out to me, which I greatly appreciated.

I don't think I will be staying here again. However, if you have a short night or an early flight, it is REALLY close to the airport (I could have walked).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Everything just clicked...

The shuttle picked us up at Door 5...just as we expected...driver was very courteous...helped us on and off with our bags...room was ready and comfortable (even though we were only in it for 5 hours)...checkout was seamless (had the folio emailed to me within 20 minutes)...same driver helped us again...just GREAT!

As a SPG Platinum member...this is the way things should be!

Vienna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a consistently great location and value for CLE airport early morning flights. We love the bar area for pizza and cocktails. We always choose the park and fly package booked directly with the hotel and it is convenient. Will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a convenient, clean facility with a decent on-site restaurant. It is a bit noisy with parking lot and air traffic clatter and a loud heating unit that whooshed on and off. The staff was very friendly; even the woman cleaning the rooms in our hallway made sure that we found our room easily. The beds were comfortable with piles of white linen. As airport hotels go this was one of the better ones and was great for a night before an early morning flight.

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Pros-Very easy to get to the airport, clean room, staff was very helpful/friendly

Cons-Worn carpets, they advertise pay movies/premium channels. They only have 3 basic cleveland channels and a bunch of educational channels. I was told they recently switched to a new cable company. Worn towels-one actually had a hole from being worn out. Nice fitness center but no cups for water, no remora for the TV and one of the machines was broken. The food at their restaurant was pricey and just ok.

We got a great price, so the value wasn't bad. I would only stay again for a great price. If their price is the same as the other hotels close by, I would not stay again.

ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked this hotel for the night before our early flight to Mexico. I expected a clean comfy room. We were told the room and up to 14 days parking would cost $156. with tax. There was a sign that said they would charge $50. for using a debit card. Immediately after running my debit card for the room, my bank texted me telling me the amount we were charged. It was the $156 PLUS $76 more. The front desk people were very rude when I confronted them about the extra charge. I had checks still out from bills. We had to get back in the car, roam around to find a bank open to transfer moneys into our account to keep from bouncing our checks before we even went to our room.We barely made it to the bank before they closed. After roaming threw Cleveland to the bank, we got back to our room to find it very dusty, the remote didn't work. I washed out the dusty coffee pot and made coffee for the next morning. Since we only had enough coffee for 2 cups, w e asked for a cup of coffee and were told they werent making coffee for 3 more hours. We were told we would have a shuttle service from the airport back to the hotel
we waited for 30 minutes before I had to call..
The Weston in Detroit is so much better. It is clean courteous,they unload your luggage, park your car, they even bring your vehical to the door of the hotel for you when you return from your trip. This Sheriton could take a lesson and loose their snooty attitude.

Room Tip: go somewhere else