“Getting worn, still convenient to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Ohio
“Getting worn, still convenient to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Pros-Very easy to get to the airport, clean room, staff was very helpful/friendly

Cons-Worn carpets, they advertise pay movies/premium channels. They only have 3 basic cleveland channels and a bunch of educational channels. I was told they recently switched to a new cable company. Worn towels-one actually had a hole from being worn out. Nice fitness center but no cups for water, no remora for the TV and one of the machines was broken. The food at their restaurant was pricey and just ok.

We got a great price, so the value wasn't bad. I would only stay again for a great price. If their price is the same as the other hotels close by, I would not stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked this hotel for the night before our early flight to Mexico. I expected a clean comfy room. We were told the room and up to 14 days parking would cost $156. with tax. There was a sign that said they would charge $50. for using a debit card. Immediately after running my debit card for the room, my bank texted me telling me the amount we were charged. It was the $156 PLUS $76 more. The front desk people were very rude when I confronted them about the extra charge. I had checks still out from bills. We had to get back in the car, roam around to find a bank open to transfer moneys into our account to keep from bouncing our checks before we even went to our room.We barely made it to the bank before they closed. After roaming threw Cleveland to the bank, we got back to our room to find it very dusty, the remote didn't work. I washed out the dusty coffee pot and made coffee for the next morning. Since we only had enough coffee for 2 cups, w e asked for a cup of coffee and were told they werent making coffee for 3 more hours. We were told we would have a shuttle service from the airport back to the hotel
we waited for 30 minutes before I had to call..
The Weston in Detroit is so much better. It is clean courteous,they unload your luggage, park your car, they even bring your vehical to the door of the hotel for you when you return from your trip. This Sheriton could take a lesson and loose their snooty attitude.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at here twice, once when I flew into Cleveland and also the night before my departure flight. My flight into Cleveland was hours late, and finding the Sheraton shuttle was very easy. There was another lady on the shuttle who was getting off at the car park, and as it was raining the driver went through the carpark and dropped her off directly behind her car.

Check-in both times was straightforward. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms a good size. The first time I stayed, the sheets and pillowcases had clearly not been ironed which was surprising, but the second time I stayed they were.

I had room service breakfast the first time I stayed, and the second time I had a snack downstairs in the bar area. Both times the service was great and the food was also. The bar area is really nice, with a good mix of seating, plus chess and checker tables set up if you have a companion to play with. The only downside was the lack of free wifi in the hotel room itself.

There is a small shop in the lobby that sells snacks as well as some travel-type supplies, shampoo, etc, which would be handy if you had forgotten to pack anything.

This hotel would be my first choice to stay at if I had a late flight into Cleveland or an early flight out - the convenience is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shapleigh Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I can't say enough, our daugter chose this Sheraton because all they commeted to. And boy did they deliver. Angie was awesome with our daughter. The entire staff was amazing, helpfully, knowledgable, friendly, and more importantly (with our family), patient! The rooms where update, clean, and comfortable. The beds were sooo comfortable. Housekeeping was on top of it all. We had close to 40 rooms booked for the wedding. Each staff member we delt with from the desk, waitstaff, bartenders, to our housekeeper, were so gracious, and personable.
Now that our daughter lives in Cleveland, we WILL stay there every time we go!

• Stayed December 2012
Buffalo Grove, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here on our trek back to Chicago from Baltimore over Thanksgiving break. Read some reviews and saw it must have been a bit outdated prior to the remodel. I was quite pleased with the overall hotel. It's right by the airport so it does get a little tricky trying to find your way in and out and not end up in long term parking but you'll figure it out. The lobby and bar/restaurant areas were very nice and updated. We didn't eat at the restaurant...a little pricey and quiet for little kids. We did find a local pizza place that was perfect for family dining-Dante's Pizza that's pretty close to the hotel. The rooms were clean and your typical Sheraton/Westin look. Comfy beds. Pool area was really nice and workout room looked decent. I'd come back again...especially for only 3,000 Starwood points.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Northumberland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were in Cleveland for a concert, and booked through Hotwire. We were hoping for a location closer to our venue (due to extremely poor parking at said venue), but Hotwire users can't be choosers.

The hotel itself is nice, and easy to locate at the airport. The airport itself can be tricky to find and get in/out of, but once you're there, it's all good. The parking situation is indeed odd, and you do have to pay $8 per day to park in a shared lot with the airport. Had I not had a state issued handicap parking permit, I would have been hard pressed to find a spot. Be sure to have the front desk validate your ticket each day for in/out privileges.

The lobby was nice and clean. Staff was extremely helpful. There is a free shuttle to the airport, and to locations in a 5 mile vicinity. Our venue was 6.1 miles away (per Mapquest) and they would not run us there. It was slightly frustrating, but I suppose that if you amend the rules for one, then what's to keep someone from asking for a run downtown? They offered to call a Taxi service for us, but warned us that averages for trips downtown (we weren't headed downtown) were upwards of $50. We called Westlake Taxi and we were only charged$16 each way (a bargain!) but be sure to give one hour's notice for pick-up.

Our room was clean and comfortable. Many toiletries were provided, as well as a coffee pot with an assortment of drink options. There were bottles of water, but they were not free. There was no refrigerator or microwave - not sure if any are available for a fee. The room had an armchair, but no foot stool to go with it, which would have been nice. Also, the wi-fi, while free, was extremely weak on our floor (7th floor). It literally took 4 hours for one member of our party to post a 2 minute video of the concert to the internet. She gave up and set the computer aside, and went to bed. It showed up the next morning, having posted 4 hours after she attempted to upload it.

If you're using the hotel as a quick stop-over or for a "base camp", then go for it. It's about 15 minutes from anything in the Cleveland area. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, as we wanted to hit our favorite things while there. If the hotel were the destination, I would choose something else, as there is nothing - literally - in the area (like gas stations, restaurants - other than the hotel's own - etc).

**IMPORTANT TIP: If you enter the hotel's address in a GPS or locate it as a "point of interest" on a GPS, you will most likely be sent to the I-X Center instead. This happened to us, a friend who drove over to visit us, and some other people at the hotel (all with different GPS brands). It happens so often that the parking attendant at the I-X Center has printed instructions on how to find it from there (we speak from experience). Simply enter the airport into your GPS and it will get you there. The hotel is immediately to the left upon passing the "CLEVELAND HOPKINS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT" sign.

Room Tip: See the note about GPS directions on my review - crucial. Wi-Fi free but poor on our floor. Parkin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My room was clean but very plain (no fridge) and the carpet was very worn. It rained both days I was there and the hallway window outside my room was leaking so badly it sounded like a faucet running. My company booked the room so I can't complain about the rate but I would never stay there on my own at the rate I was were charged. Good location next to the airport but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!