“Not Bad - Good Base Camp - Needs Few Slight Improvements” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Northumberland
“Not Bad - Good Base Camp - Needs Few Slight Improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were in Cleveland for a concert, and booked through Hotwire. We were hoping for a location closer to our venue (due to extremely poor parking at said venue), but Hotwire users can't be choosers.

The hotel itself is nice, and easy to locate at the airport. The airport itself can be tricky to find and get in/out of, but once you're there, it's all good. The parking situation is indeed odd, and you do have to pay $8 per day to park in a shared lot with the airport. Had I not had a state issued handicap parking permit, I would have been hard pressed to find a spot. Be sure to have the front desk validate your ticket each day for in/out privileges.

The lobby was nice and clean. Staff was extremely helpful. There is a free shuttle to the airport, and to locations in a 5 mile vicinity. Our venue was 6.1 miles away (per Mapquest) and they would not run us there. It was slightly frustrating, but I suppose that if you amend the rules for one, then what's to keep someone from asking for a run downtown? They offered to call a Taxi service for us, but warned us that averages for trips downtown (we weren't headed downtown) were upwards of $50. We called Westlake Taxi and we were only charged$16 each way (a bargain!) but be sure to give one hour's notice for pick-up.

Our room was clean and comfortable. Many toiletries were provided, as well as a coffee pot with an assortment of drink options. There were bottles of water, but they were not free. There was no refrigerator or microwave - not sure if any are available for a fee. The room had an armchair, but no foot stool to go with it, which would have been nice. Also, the wi-fi, while free, was extremely weak on our floor (7th floor). It literally took 4 hours for one member of our party to post a 2 minute video of the concert to the internet. She gave up and set the computer aside, and went to bed. It showed up the next morning, having posted 4 hours after she attempted to upload it.

If you're using the hotel as a quick stop-over or for a "base camp", then go for it. It's about 15 minutes from anything in the Cleveland area. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, as we wanted to hit our favorite things while there. If the hotel were the destination, I would choose something else, as there is nothing - literally - in the area (like gas stations, restaurants - other than the hotel's own - etc).

**IMPORTANT TIP: If you enter the hotel's address in a GPS or locate it as a "point of interest" on a GPS, you will most likely be sent to the I-X Center instead. This happened to us, a friend who drove over to visit us, and some other people at the hotel (all with different GPS brands). It happens so often that the parking attendant at the I-X Center has printed instructions on how to find it from there (we speak from experience). Simply enter the airport into your GPS and it will get you there. The hotel is immediately to the left upon passing the "CLEVELAND HOPKINS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT" sign.

Room Tip: See the note about GPS directions on my review - crucial. Wi-Fi free but poor on our floor. Parkin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My room was clean but very plain (no fridge) and the carpet was very worn. It rained both days I was there and the hallway window outside my room was leaking so badly it sounded like a faucet running. My company booked the room so I can't complain about the rate but I would never stay there on my own at the rate I was were charged. Good location next to the airport but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've stayed there 5 nights (thank you Hurricane Sandy). Hotel is average, as typical airport hotel. Comfy bed, regular room, and average food. But the service was fantastic. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for Club Floor (9th)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed for three nights in this hotel due to Hurrican Sandy. I was flying from the west coast to the east coast and Cleveland airport was the furtherst I flew. The staff was excellent. They could not have been more friendly and accomodating. The rooms are typical airport hotels.Nothing special at all and I had to remind myself that this was a Sheraton. The rooms are old and worn. The wifi in the rooms was weak. The bathrooms need a complete overall. The plugs for charging things were not easily accesable. For one night it was ok. You could even walk to the terminals.

I had one major complaint. The newly renovated doors from the outside to the lobby opened directly from the cold outdoors to the lobby and check in desk. Every time the door opened there was a howl of wind. I cannot imagine what it is like in the winter. It made the lobby uninhabitable. It was difficult for the guest, but absolutely cruel for the desk employees who even in October had to work with coats and hats. The management must be totaly uncaring to allow this to continue for the employees.

Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

As many hotels close to airport it is a little bit overpriced. They have restaurant, not the best, and also a bar which is good. Rooms are ok and the service was very good.

Even thought the airport is in walking distance, you have to take a shuttle bus, but they are very flexible on when they go. They can also drive you to the car rental if you want.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a great stay at the Cleveland Airport Sheraton! Very modern, room was spotless, and Ryan at the front desk was so friendly and professional! Will be recommending this hotel to my business colleagues!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a typical sheraton hotel, close to the airport. The room is ok, not great, not bad, the beds are good. There are 2 comp water bottle in the room, a coffee maker with starbucks coffee. The staff is pleasant. The breakfast is not as big as we are used to have in sheraton hotels, but it is quite cheap and it is a good value for money.
The negative point is the parking that is not free for the guests. You will have to spend 8$/day. It is quite unusual for Sheraton hotels.
I would recommend this hotel for a short stay in Cleveland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!