“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Buffalo, New York
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Airport for a Girl's weekend in Cleveland. It was a great place and I would most definitely stay there again. All the people at the hotel were friendly, helpful and polite. We got a great price on Priceline, and we were able to upgrade to a Jr. Suite with more space. The hotel was clean. A request for extra towels was brought to our room within minutes. The indoor pool was clean, and warm and big enough for kids to swim and splash, and others to be in and not be bothered. There was a well equipped workout room also. The only thing lacking was a mini fridge in the room. This hotel is located right next to the airport- so it is very convenient to the airport. It is about 1 mile from the I-X center, and the hotel offered us a free shuttle to and from there. Although the hotel is so close to the airport, we never noticed the airplanes or heard them. This is a great place to stay for anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Canfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Great hotel to stay when you have an early flight. Get the parking package and enjoy the closeness to the airport terminals. Excellent shuttle service included.

Room Tip: Ask for side away from the airport and ask for the parking package to get parking while on your trip...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

I just stayed here for 5 nights. Of all the hotels I have visited I must say this one had the most friendly staff. The rooms have been updated and the restaurant has very reasonable prices. They also have a nice indoor pool area and fitness center. It is on the grounds of the airport so no great views but I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I reviewed this hotel one year ago and gave it a very good rating, with only a small gripe about a less than friendly front desk staff. All in all that stay was great, so I was happy to go back again this year. Unfortunately this stay was a disappointment. Nothing huge and overt, but a few little things gone wrong. Top of the list? Front desk staff attitude again.

I checked in and was informed that the adjacent long-term airport parking is usually $8 per day but was instructed to bring in our parking ticket to be validated and that it was on the hotel. This is what I was told last year as well and that is what the hotel did. This time, upon checkout, I was presented with a bill for two days parking, charged to my credit card. I brought it to the front desk clerk's attention and got a snippy reply that I must have misunderstood. I told him no, not at all. After going back and forth with him telling me I misunderstood, I point blank asked him to remove the charge, which he eventually did. I appreciated that, but not the attitude. I just don't get it. I was very polite and couldn't have been nicer about my request. He couldn't have been more condescending.

Oh, and our heat was out both nights. First night, engineering came up and "fixed" it at 10 p.m. It continued to blow only cold air so we shut it off and piled on the blankets. Also, in- room coffee maker was replenished with coffee but no cream or sugar. Finally, housekeeping vacuuming the adjacent room at 11:00 at night?

Again, it's the minor problems that add up to annoying. And FYI, a friendly staff can make all the difference when little things go wrong. A kind word or genuine attempt at good customer service is all it takes to make a loyal customer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Elyria, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

The Cleveland Airport Sheraton sits on the property of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport so you cannot go wrong if you have an early flight and need a convenient place to stay. I have stayed there in the past and I have had good and bad experiences. This trip was in the bad category.

I upgraded to the Club Level floor for the extra space, view and access to the club room.

As you will see in the attached photo the view was hampered by a filthy window. When asked about moving to a different room I was told the club floor was completely booked. Although someone working the club room said that wasn’t the case. The bathroom is tiny and also dirty. The hairdryer sitting on the bathroom counter was disgusting and looked like it was about 20 years old. One would expect a Sheraton, especially on a Club Floor would have updated equipment.

The Club Room for evening snacks had dried up chicken on a stick and something else with pork that nobody seemed interested in trying. There was also a relish tray with what appeared to be left over celery and other items. The girl that was working the club room was sitting at a desk doing homework and watching Wheel of Fortune guessing along with the contestants.

Having the parking package I returned from my trip and was picked up by the shuttle right away and taken to my car. The problem came when I got to the gate and the card would not work. I had to go inside to get a new card. I was told there is a help button at the gat e but in the dark I never saw it.

DINNER AT THE HOTEL
The restaurant in the hotel is decent but nothing to write home about. I ordered a steak with a Caesar salad to start. While eating the salad here comes the steak right behind it. I was asked if I wanted them to “keep the steak warm” while I finished the salad. As appetizing as that sounds I chose to set the salad aside and eat the steak. The steak had a lot of fat on it and was chewy and grizzly. It is not something I would order again.

Strictly for the convenience of the location I would return to the Airport Sheraton but I will hold onto my upgrade cash and will grab dinner somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms are small. This hotel is great for its location and the shuttle service. Please remember to ti...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Most Sheratons out there have been renovated but this one actually has been and although the room smelled a little musty with a lingering smoke smell (on a non-smoking floor), it was nice and clean. The bed did not seem to be the Sheraton spec - a little harder than expcted.

Other reviewers commented on the noise levels, however I forgot I was even staying at the airport. The $8 parking is a bit annoying but I get why they have it and for how close you are to the airport it could be worse.

The bad here is that there are NO food options nearby and their restaurant is just okay. The nearest gig is a gas station in the 'hood where you can get your standard roadtrip fare of beef jerky and Natural Light.

All-in-all a good hotel, SPG Platinum, so I stay at a lot of Sheratons and would recommend this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. We stayed on the Club Floor, which gave us access to the Club Lounge - hors d'oeuvres at night and full breakfast in the morning. Check-in and check-out were easy. We chose this property as it was a Sheraton and about half-way to our destination. Adjacient to the airport which is very convenient if you have an early flight in the morning or get in late at night. Only caution is that if you are looking for things to do, this is at the airport, not downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!