“One of the Better Sheratons, Isolated Though” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 32 hotels in Cleveland
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the Better Sheratons, Isolated Though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Most Sheratons out there have been renovated but this one actually has been and although the room smelled a little musty with a lingering smoke smell (on a non-smoking floor), it was nice and clean. The bed did not seem to be the Sheraton spec - a little harder than expcted.

Other reviewers commented on the noise levels, however I forgot I was even staying at the airport. The $8 parking is a bit annoying but I get why they have it and for how close you are to the airport it could be worse.

The bad here is that there are NO food options nearby and their restaurant is just okay. The nearest gig is a gas station in the 'hood where you can get your standard roadtrip fare of beef jerky and Natural Light.

All-in-all a good hotel, SPG Platinum, so I stay at a lot of Sheratons and would recommend this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. We stayed on the Club Floor, which gave us access to the Club Lounge - hors d'oeuvres at night and full breakfast in the morning. Check-in and check-out were easy. We chose this property as it was a Sheraton and about half-way to our destination. Adjacient to the airport which is very convenient if you have an early flight in the morning or get in late at night. Only caution is that if you are looking for things to do, this is at the airport, not downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I try to support Starwood hotels whenever I travel, for the points and the quality of hotel and service. Unfortunately, I would not recommend the Sheraton Cleveland.

I was grateful to be upgraded to a suite, but was surprised to see that the room was shabbily decorated and, for lack of a better description, old. Room smelled musty, features and decor were dated, shower was old and just not a high quality hotel.

I arrived late on a Wednesday and ordered room service. The pizza that was delivered was watery--obviously something was frozen and put on a plate as there were pools of water on it. A Caesar salad that I also ordered was tasteless.

While internet was free, it was rather slow--I had to routinely turn off my VPN to navigate the web and then turn it back on to respond to email.

Service and staff were fine--not overtly helpful but no problems.

Just know that you are getting a very dated hotel room if you choose to stay here. My business colleagues based in Cleveland suggested the Marriot by the airport for my next trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
cinti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

This stay was for a family wedding. The Hotel is across the street from the airport but surrounded by an ugly concrete processing plant and other industrial stuff. So no nice view or area. Also train tracks are on the other side. The rooms were very clean, bed and pillows great and bedding. We had two rooms, our floor map and second soap was missing from on of the baths. Room size good enough, bath on the small side and no exhaust fan but I think this is an old building so what can you do. The air in the room was great. Hallways not airconditioned. Lobby had a strange smell, I could not place it. I saw a lot of employees lingering around a lot and they never spoke to you and I think if you are lingering around maybe you should be also picking up after the place if you are there and there is a mess nearby. Carpets in the hallway and lobby had a lot of things in it that should be picked up. I also saw an employee with one of the wedding gift bags that our niece gave to all her guests, and that was the day after the wedding and I saw him at the desk with it and then walk down the hall towards the employee door and elevators, so that did not look good. My coffee and tea was not refilled for the second day. And I was not going to call down and about that because the person bringing it up would expect a tip even though housekeeping did not complete their job. I fell walking through the pool area to the gym. Did not see the puddle of water on the floor at 8:00am, I really hurt my knee and twisted a lot of muscles, still sore. Maybe they should paint a rough surface here. Our party had 40 ROOMS and for some reason we were not all on the same floor? It just showed they did not pay attention to detail. So that meant we were on the 5th floor and our family members were on the 4th floor and with the security system at this hotel your key card only allows you to ride the elevator to your floor so we couldn't get to our family members to the 4th floor. They actually had the bride on one floor and her parents on another floor. Also because we had our child and a 85 year old grandma with us, we requested an adjoining room when we booked,and we checked on this arrangement three times since we booked in July but when we got to the hotel that we had to insist on this arrangement.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Redcliff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The beds were definitely the highlight of this hotel. My wife who is very picky about hotel beds slept for 11 hours and one of my kids must have slept for about 13. The room was large and clean but there were a few minor drawbacks to our stay. I thought the parking charge was expensive. They started charging $8 for parking in February 2011... It can cost you less to park downtown. When we checked in they gave us a room that was already occupied but quickly gave us another when we went back down. But the beds! They really help you overlook any faults!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed for 1 night because of a flight layover....excellent property, not your typical Sheraton, 24 hour shuttle service, great lounge with quite a wide range of wine and draft beer on the menu, surprising for an airport hotel lounge....

Got a room in the 8th floor, room was clean, smelled clean and the beds were super comfy....cant say the same thing about the AC though, even with the thermostat set at 66, it felt pretty stuff inside........however they have starbucks coffee for in room brewing and have two bottles of water (complimentary ofcourse, why cant all hotels do that?)

Would definitely go back......

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Center
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

It is my opinion that the overall quality is above what you get in the Eu facilities of this Hotel Brand. I didn't feel ripped off at all.
This Hotel delivers what you can reasonably expect and pretend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!