“Not Bad For The Price” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
“Not Bad For The Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

It is in the airport. It is a large hotel. It is an older hotel probably bought over by Sheraton group and they are renovating the place. It is full of school kids coming for competitions and travellers. The outside looks poor, but the inside is not bad. The best part of the hotel is the room, especially the bed. It is clean and the bed was very soft and comfortable, the best so far. The toileteries are generic and like any motel. Over all for the price paid it was not bad at all. The staff are friendly and helpfu. Beware you pay $8 for car park. Will recommend it for travellers looking for a cost effective, safe and decent place to stay. This is not a true - "Sheraton", but a reasonable two star to two and a half star hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments about your stay. We recently finished a multi-million dollar renovation of all the public space in the hotel and will be starting on the guest rooms at the end of the year. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the beds. The bedding program, as well as the bath toiletries, are a brand standard and all items can be found in hotels across the world as well as ordered online for enjoyment in your own home. Our staff and amenities is one of the many reasons we recently received a “Best in Class” distinction from the brand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Relying on a previous TravelAdvisor comment, we overlooked the tired exterior of the hotel and stayed for one night before an early flight. They 'get' service here. The front desk associates were extremely helpful. If you are renting a Hertz car, the desk will take your keys, contract and Hertz will retrieve the car from the front hotel lot. A great amenity. The entire hotel had been recently renovated. The common areas/bar/restaurant were laid out well and comfortable. The rooms were very comfortable, spacious and well appointed. The baths had been completely overhauled and ours was spotless. Room service was personal and the food was hot and promised within 30 mins or comp'ed. The breakfast buffet was also superior to all airport area hotels I've seen. With the airport train service, the rental car return amenity and the upgrades to the property, this would be a perfect home base for any Cleveland trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I especially appreciate your comments about our staff and I will be sure to pass on the comments to the respective departments. I am also pleased to hear that the rest of your stay was favorable, from your guest room to your room service/dining room experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress you like we did the traveler who provided the original comment. If you ever find yourself planning a trip to Cleveland, we hope you will consider us again.
Cleveland OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My canine daughter and I opted to stay here due to a good price over the holiday weekend for night in a place with a/c during a hot spell and to get the required stays in for a special promo via Starwood. Never had stayed here before since it is in our home town, but wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Then entire staff was very kind, friendly and helpful, from the moment we checked in. Although the room was not the largest, it was very well maintained, clean, and had adequate lighting to read by or to work by at the desk. Although I caught on fairly quickly, I observed others a bit perplexed too, not being used to the system of needing to insert your keycard into the slot in the elevator to gain access to your floor. A sign in the elevator on what steps to take, or on the the little key folder might be helpful.
The hotel is newly renovated, and the bar and restaurant areas look very fresh. If you are a dog lover be sure to take a look at the picture in the hall leading toward the conference center, of a woman flying a plane with a dog in the back seat!
Easy access for those travelling with pups: take the side door (i.e. conference center door) and the ramp to your left which will leave you off with a grassy area that is well lit to your left. There are some nice benches placed by this door and a bit further down.
Room service prices are more reasonable than at other hotels, though the menu is not as extensive. They were out of my favorite champagne vinagrette dressing (couldn't somebody whip up some more??) and my salad came exactly as described...but I would have hoped they would have brought it with some bread/rolls or crackers. I would have taken a nice looking salad from the Link cafe, but none of them had any protein...would be great if they could sell some fruit/cheese boxes and/or some little tins of tuna or chicken to add to the salads.
There was some minimal sound from the planes...but our room, considered an "airport view" really was of the airport walkway and parking garage. In the time we were there I only saw ONE plane out the window, and was really disappointed because I'd hoped to enjoy more!.
Curtains were able to block out the sun, or in our case, a night of heavy lightening. Rooms have automatic thermostats, though the a/c was a bit on the louder side...not enough to complain about.
Staff couldn't have been nicer...some people thought I was nuts for staying there and not going further ...but I am SO glad we did and wouldn't hesitate to visit again when I need to or have a chance.
There is a parking fee, but far more reasonable than at some places, and you can have the your ticket validated and the fee added to your bill at the front desk.
They also have a screen by the elevators with departure info.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for all of your comments on your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and was able to take advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer. The food available in the café is brand-mandated, but I will see if there are any options or other items we might be able to offer. There is a sign in the elevator informing guests about using their key cards and our front desk staff should have explained it as well. I apologize if they did not, and will talk with the department manager to ensure that our associates are explaining the process clearly. Since you do live so close, don’t hesitate to stop in just to eat at the restaurant. We hope to see you again soon.
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel is right across from the terminals, and the free shuttle will drop you off in about five minutes. If you're a traveller with an early AM flight, this hotel lets you get a bit extra sleep before getting over to CLE to stand in the crazy long lines for screening before the 6am flights out.

The beds are great - wonderful pillows, fresh new bedding, and a good mattress. The A/C isn't so great ... although the wall unit is a modern one, air comes blowing out of an old-fashioned metal unit under the window, which means a LOT of sound when the room is being cooled. I eventually turned it off to get some quiet, and ended up in a stuffy room.

The bathroom looks like what you'd get in a motel setting - generic toiletries, a dark shower - but it's clean, and for $89 a night (king bed), about as you'd expect. The restaurant ("Hemispheres") offers average food. My medium burger was way overcooked, and the accompanying lettuce was limp and inedible. Despite a fairly empty dining room, the food had sat under the heat lamp long enough to have some of the cheese from the burger melt out and congeal on the fries - not what I think of as "cheese fries." There is NO PLACE around for a decent meal - though I guess you could get a taxi to somewhere.

Personnel at the hotel were friendly.

My rating of "YES" for whether I'd recommend this to a friend would be ONLY for someone who wants to get to the airport fast for an early flight.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Good afternoon. Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We as a hotel welcome all comments and feedback as it allows us to grow as a property. We strive to provide a high-quality stay for all our guests and I apologize that we did not meet those expectations during your visit. The toiletries in the bathroom are a standard mandated by the corporate brand. I will also pass along your comments about the food to the chef and kitchen staff. They would have been more than happy to prepare another meal for you. I hope the next time you find yourself with an early flight you will consider giving us another chance to “wow” you.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed here as a lay over during a recent trip. Staff was great, room was nice, clean and bathroom was clean. Very nice to be able to get to the airport within 5 minutes. Makes for a stress free beginning of a trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for leaving your comments about your recent stay with us. While I am sorry to hear about your lay over, I am pleased that you were able to relax a little bit during your stay at the hotel and that was one less thing you had to worry about. Our associates understand that there are many different trip personas- from the business traveler to the guest that is here for a social event to a guest that is here because of an airline issue. We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and to make whatever time is spent here a little more like home.
park city UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

If you have a late arrival or an early departure, it will be hard to beat this option. It is literally on the grounds of the small airport so the shuttle is about 2 minutes door to door. Don't let the plain exterior fool you. The place has been totally remodeled inside top to bottom. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The common areas are all up to date. The place has none of that depressing "what the hell was I thinking staying here" vibe that so many airport hotels have. Most importantly for an airport hotel, it has been completely soundproofed so you can barely hear a thing from outside. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport. We are proud of all the renovations in the hotel and will be upgrading our guest rooms at the end of the year. I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and experienced the convenience of our location and 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle. I hope next time you are in the Cleveland area you will stay with us again.
Wakefield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport for one night. The room was clean and comfortable. Room wasn't all that soundproof within the building. I could hear people in the hallways and doors opening and closing. I did not notice much sound from airplanes landing and taking off, so they soundproofing from the outside windows is good.

They require keys in the elevators to gain access to the floors, so keep those keys handy.

I had breakfast at the buffet. It was a small buffet with basic selections--bagels, toast, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc. It was just a basic buffet with no special items.

The night I was there, they were having issues with the keys. I was at the hotel less than twelve hours, and I had to make seven trips to the front desk to try to get working keys for my room. When I first tried to enter my room, I had to make two additional trips back to the desk to get a working key. I went out that night, and when I returned I had to make three trips down to the desk to get a working key. The next morning, when I went to breakfast, I had to make an extra trip down to the desk to get a key, and the key they gave me wouldn't even let me into the elevator, so I had to go back again.

It was a bit frustrating to have to visit the desk so many times. I didn't make a stink about it, as I was only staying there one night, but it would have been nice if the hotel had comped breakfast for the inconvience--that's just good customer service.

Overall, it was a fine hotel for a night or two, but I wouldn't stay there for an extended period of time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us. The key system in our elevators is for security purposes. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the elevators and I will talk with our engineers to make sure the problem has been corrected and any work done was not just a temporary fix. Please let me know personally if you will be back in town and I would be happy to assist you directly.

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!