“Fantastic hotel, centrally located. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cleveland Downtown

You added The Westin Cleveland Downtown to your Saves list
The Westin Cleveland Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 St. Clair Avenue NE, Cleveland, OH 44114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Ashburn, Virginia
“Fantastic hotel, centrally located. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am so happy to say that this is one of my favorite Westins on the mainland and it was my first visit ever to this hotel and downtown Cleveland. From the check in (thank you Ms. McBride) to the farm fresh restaurant, club lounge, gym, bar, upgraded room and checkout, I was pleasantly surprised and well taken care of by numerous folks. I can't wait to come back! You all took great care if this platinum member. Thank you!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We found ourselves at The Westin, Downtown Cleveland, a newly renovated property near the football stadium and the rock and roll hall of fame. The rooms are standard size, but they new stylish furnishings. Our king room had a very comfy bed, with a curved (corner) sofa that was attached to the nightstand. The bathroom was also standard size, but the new shower and decorative tiles were fantastic. There is a restaurant in the hotel, The Urban Farmer, we only had appetizers and drinks, but it was a fun place - somewhat pricey. The only downside is the $30 valet parking charge, I thought it was excessive.

Room Tip: Ask for Lakeview to see stadium and museum
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Patchogue, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel often for business, and while in the Cleveland area quite a bit, i try to stay outside of town. However, i was attending a convention, and it was much more convenient to stay near the new CC. I chose the Westin Downtown because of past great experiences at other Westin properties in other cities.
I have to say it was okay, but a bit less than i expected. Some points to consider that I experienced:

-Not the greatest initial greeting for guests with pets. However, there is no extra charge for traveling with your pet, which is great.
-No self parking, forced to valet $30/day.
-Most areas not that pet friendly. Reference my review of the Westin Wilmington in contrast.
-Room service very pricey. Over $100 for two entrees and dessert. This may be typical, but still a little outside the usual budget.
-Noisy room, constantly. 14th floor, little to no soundproofing.
-All doors slam. Not easy to rest.
-Housekeeping comes around very early, around 730-800am. Forget about sleeping in.
-Cleaning adjacent room sounds like they are demolishing rather than servicing.
-HK plays a radio on the cart outside the door early am.
-But a plus, hotel is convenient to all area attractions, walking distance to the new convention center, R&R HOF, HRC, lakeside, downtown city, ballfield, nightlife, etc.
-IMHO Should offer free wi-fi, but instead they charge $13/day, even for SPG members. (Apparently is free only if booked directly on SPG website.)

Not sure if i would book here again, but i have to say it is not a terrible property. I would advise checking other reviews before taking mine as gospel truth. My stay may have just been an out of the ordinary event, as mentioned before, Westin hotels have usually been very good for me.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited Cleveland for a getaway weekend and stayed at this hotel both because of its location and because we had stayed here before when it was a Crown Plaza.

From the moment we arrived the staff treated us very well and made us feel welcomed. The valet parking and the front desk were quick, efficient and friendly experiences. On checking in I was wished happy birthday and received a complimentary drink which was a nice touch.

The hotel makeover is extensive and we wouldn't have recognized it from its former self. The rooms were modern, clean and updated. The bed was comfortable as was the furniture in the room. I was impressed by the little touches especially the glass shower with the trough drain and hole in the glass to turn the water on and not get wet. Someone was thinking in the design stage! The shower was a luxurious experience. A nice touch in the bathroom was the slow lowering toilet seat. Very handy in the middle of the night!

A nice touch in the room was the LED lights everywhere. Very handy. In fact, the hotel had LED lights everywhere showing how modern it is. A funky piece of design in the lobby is overhead lights which were LEDs but lighting through clear boxes of clear, old incandescent lights. There was also a disassembled chandelier in a clear box used as overhead lighting. These were cool. The lobby also was a pleasant place to sit and relax.

I used the fitness centre which was by far the best fitness facility I have ever seen in a hotel. It had a number of machines and was very clean and modern.

In a hotel this good, sometimes little things stand out on the negative. The room had an iHome alarm clock radio which connected to an iPhone. That's cool and modern. What was not cool is that the clock derived its time from an iPhone synchronized to it. We did not have an iPhone so the clock could not show the proper time. The time was a few hours and minutes off and we could do nothing about it. That's a small negative in a weekend of positives!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed for two nights during the first week of March. From beginning to end, the service was more than I expected. The valet service made me feel welcome. Doors were held open and the front desk recognized me as a Starwood member. I met friends in Urban Farmer and had a great time. I've always been a huge fan of the "heavenly beds" but the icing on the cake for me was the "Tangent Business Center." What a great area to get some work done. I will certainly make the Westin my home away from home choice the next time I am back in Cleveland.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

During normal hours this hotel does quite well. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms quite funky after a recent renovation it seems. The restaurant bar is quite busy and a Starbucks in the lobby also makes for an added option. The location is excellent for downtown and the check in and valet staff were friendly and helpful.
I had a less than average experience with the night staff who were close to useless when I needed help with a power adaptor. They claim they didn't have one but the staff the next morning produced two for me to chose from. A little late given i needed it thru the night (jet lag!).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We got a very late start out of NYC and arrived in Cleveland at 3AM on a Monday night. My google maps directions were very confusing so we called the front desk at the Westin Cleveland Downtown hotel for help. The front desk manager was patient and articulate in giving us perfect direction to the hotel. Although it was 3 in the morning and just an overnight stay and our first time at the hotel, the bellman, the front desk and the housekeeping staff made us feel like we were old time repeat customers. Our two Yorkie pups were greeted with open arms.

The room was a hip modern design and spotless, the sheets/bed were comfortable delightful and the shower was terrific. What more could you ask for. Well, for one thing, the hotel has a terrific view of Lake Erie and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame which is adjacent to the Great Lakes Science Museum which we decided to visit before we left on Tuesday afternoon. We requested a late checkout no problem.

If you are ever in Cleveland, a stay at the Westin Downtown hotel is the way to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake side view.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ront546,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I appreciate your kind comments and that you enjoyed your time with us.

I look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,

Bob Megazzini

Been to The Westin Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!