“Westin Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cleveland Downtown

You added The Westin Cleveland Downtown to your Saves list
The Westin Cleveland Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 St. Clair Avenue NE, Cleveland, OH 44114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Westin Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I thought the hotel did an excellent job for our 2 day work meeting. The conference rooms had plenty of space, the hotel was close to everything, the rooms were nice, and the valet staff was very prompt. I have stayed at the Ritz and Hyatt nearby and I would choose this one over both.

Well done and kudos to the staff working at the hotel from the front desk, to the servers/cooks who made our lunch to the valet who promptly got our car when we left.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We primarily chose this hotel because it is connected to our office building. Very modern interior and the staff there was so friendly that they warmed you right up with their personalities. The restaurant connected to the hotel is equally impressive and it is also located a few walking blocks away from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Clean, friendly, and is walking distance to a lot of great restaurants!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Podgorica,Montenegro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed my stay at Westin quite a lot! The room was big and comfortable and since it was on higher floor the view was pretty amazing. I would expect it to be a bit cleaner though...
The thing I liked best was the breakfast served at the Executive club. The staff there was great too.
There is no point in getting the upgrade since there is no recognizable extra value to it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I decided on the Westin for my three night stay in Cleveland because of its proximity to the Rock Hall and the Q. I didn't expect much so my expectations were quite low. Things changed quickly once I arrived. Friendly smiles all around from the door crew and my check-in was handled superbly by Natalie, who genuinely was interested in my well being. I was on the 22nd floor facing Lake Erie a nice view, albeit spectacular in spring and summer. My room and bathroom were very large and the furnishings all new and well designed. As expected the heavenly bed was just that and it was nice to have a small refrigerator in the room, safe, well placed reading lamps and charging stations. I could not find fault at all. There was a beautiful concierge lounge on my floor, stocked with snacks drinks and papers during the day and the lovely hostess I met said they have a wine hour in the evenings, which I missed but sounded great.

I ate in the bar the night I arrived and was served by a smiling competent crew. The manager, I presume, believed my ice cream took too long to be delivered so she took it off my bill, completely unnecessary but I very much appreciated the gesture. I had room service for breakfast my first morning, I chose 7:45-8:00 time slot. My alarm went of at 7:45 and within 30 seconds, my food arrived, served by an extremely cheerful attendant. I forgot to mention on the card that I wanted water and he returned with the water in 2-3 minutes with a cheery smile. My order was perfect and my food was great, hot items hot, cold items cold.

I must admit, I did not think I would have such a wonderful time as I did. The friend with me on this trip, both he and I agreed that Cleveland is a wonderful city filled with the kindest and most polite people we have ever encountered. I am just sad my visit was in January and not July. This now gives me a reason to return, perhaps to catch an Indians game and experience the lakeside. When I return, I will certainly stay at the Westin for its stellar service and kind and competent staff. This hotel is well situated and if you have business in town or to just have fun, you would be wise to select this new Westin.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located centrally. You can walk to 4th street where the restaurants and bars. It's all close to quicken loans arena and football stadium. They honor spg gold status and we received an upgrade. The downside the beds and pillows are definitely not the heavenly. My back and neck hurt. There isn't any other parking in the area and valet is $30.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I live in a very nearby suburb and both work downtown. We occasionally enjoy an overnight stay downtown if we're attending an event or just want to get away for a night or two. We've always been a fan of the Westin brand and were exited when this one opened in Cleveland. Check-in was quick and easy and the room was beautiful. Only a block away from the Convention Center. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting downtown Cleveland or locals looking for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm not even sure where to start with this amazing hotel. I personally have never stayed at a Westin so this was a gamble for us. This hotel was awesome. From the moment we pulled in and greeted by the valet (which is mandatory and costs 30/day, but unlimited in and out) we were impressed. Upon check in, the lady was so helpful and found us brochures and so very nice. The room was beautiful! The view was gorgeous of the city. The bed was so comfy. The bathroom was so modern and eclectic. The shower was the best shower I have ever experienced. The pressure was perfect. Plenty of closet space. Beautiful decorations, plenty of outlets, and little extras like reading lights connected to the headboard, leaf shaped soap, modern phones, conveniences like fridge and safe neatly tucked out of sight made this number one of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Yes it is pricey but actually less expensive then most other downtown hotels. An amazing hotel and will definitely be staying at the Westin in other cities from now on!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!