“Loved the breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cleveland Downtown

You added The Westin Cleveland Downtown to your Saves list
The Westin Cleveland Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 St. Clair Avenue NE, Cleveland, OH 44114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Podgorica,Montenegro
“Loved the breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I enjoyed my stay at Westin quite a lot! The room was big and comfortable and since it was on higher floor the view was pretty amazing. I would expect it to be a bit cleaner though...
The thing I liked best was the breakfast served at the Executive club. The staff there was great too.
There is no point in getting the upgrade since there is no recognizable extra value to it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I decided on the Westin for my three night stay in Cleveland because of its proximity to the Rock Hall and the Q. I didn't expect much so my expectations were quite low. Things changed quickly once I arrived. Friendly smiles all around from the door crew and my check-in was handled superbly by Natalie, who genuinely was interested in my well being. I was on the 22nd floor facing Lake Erie a nice view, albeit spectacular in spring and summer. My room and bathroom were very large and the furnishings all new and well designed. As expected the heavenly bed was just that and it was nice to have a small refrigerator in the room, safe, well placed reading lamps and charging stations. I could not find fault at all. There was a beautiful concierge lounge on my floor, stocked with snacks drinks and papers during the day and the lovely hostess I met said they have a wine hour in the evenings, which I missed but sounded great.

I ate in the bar the night I arrived and was served by a smiling competent crew. The manager, I presume, believed my ice cream took too long to be delivered so she took it off my bill, completely unnecessary but I very much appreciated the gesture. I had room service for breakfast my first morning, I chose 7:45-8:00 time slot. My alarm went of at 7:45 and within 30 seconds, my food arrived, served by an extremely cheerful attendant. I forgot to mention on the card that I wanted water and he returned with the water in 2-3 minutes with a cheery smile. My order was perfect and my food was great, hot items hot, cold items cold.

I must admit, I did not think I would have such a wonderful time as I did. The friend with me on this trip, both he and I agreed that Cleveland is a wonderful city filled with the kindest and most polite people we have ever encountered. I am just sad my visit was in January and not July. This now gives me a reason to return, perhaps to catch an Indians game and experience the lakeside. When I return, I will certainly stay at the Westin for its stellar service and kind and competent staff. This hotel is well situated and if you have business in town or to just have fun, you would be wise to select this new Westin.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located centrally. You can walk to 4th street where the restaurants and bars. It's all close to quicken loans arena and football stadium. They honor spg gold status and we received an upgrade. The downside the beds and pillows are definitely not the heavenly. My back and neck hurt. There isn't any other parking in the area and valet is $30.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I live in a very nearby suburb and both work downtown. We occasionally enjoy an overnight stay downtown if we're attending an event or just want to get away for a night or two. We've always been a fan of the Westin brand and were exited when this one opened in Cleveland. Check-in was quick and easy and the room was beautiful. Only a block away from the Convention Center. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting downtown Cleveland or locals looking for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm not even sure where to start with this amazing hotel. I personally have never stayed at a Westin so this was a gamble for us. This hotel was awesome. From the moment we pulled in and greeted by the valet (which is mandatory and costs 30/day, but unlimited in and out) we were impressed. Upon check in, the lady was so helpful and found us brochures and so very nice. The room was beautiful! The view was gorgeous of the city. The bed was so comfy. The bathroom was so modern and eclectic. The shower was the best shower I have ever experienced. The pressure was perfect. Plenty of closet space. Beautiful decorations, plenty of outlets, and little extras like reading lights connected to the headboard, leaf shaped soap, modern phones, conveniences like fridge and safe neatly tucked out of sight made this number one of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Yes it is pricey but actually less expensive then most other downtown hotels. An amazing hotel and will definitely be staying at the Westin in other cities from now on!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had an extended stay at the Westin. This is not an extended stay type of hotel, but I knew that checking in. It was very clean and the staff was always more than friendly. The SPG rewards that allowed me into the club lounge.. amazing! The lounge over looks lake Erie.. unlimited coffee, water bottles, soda bottles. Wine was free until the New Year. The only thing I found rather odd in my room was the shower, no curtain or door, and too small to really pull off not having a door or curtain. The gym was the best I've ever seen at a hotel, yet there was no pool? That was the biggest bummer for me. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Box Elder, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The thing that brings me back to hotels and the brand time and again is that you have a good and familiar experience from start to finish.
Check in - a breeze - friendly and fast - door key in my hand within 5 minutes
Proximity door key - this might seem like a little thing but when you are pulling 60lbs of bags and a snow coat, you don't want to start fumbling for the card, pulling out of the sleeve inserting it into the door (usually the wrong way). It is much much easier to hold the card in front of the door sensor and "open sesame".
Easy access and welcoming staff make this my go to hotel in Cleveland from now on.
As always the same high quality room, linens and toiletries.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!