“Superb room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cleveland Downtown

You added The Westin Cleveland Downtown to your Saves list
The Westin Cleveland Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 St. Clair Avenue NE, Cleveland, OH 44114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Gold Coast, Australia
“Superb room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Could not be more impressed with this hotel. Beautiful room with all mod cons that had plenty of room to move. The view from the room was simply magnificent. Absolutely great staff who are efficient and more than happy to help.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wrote and published this review with my SPG account and sent this to the GM at the hotel but never received a response. This said I continue to receive emails about coming back to their hotel. I've stayed at many a Westin and as a resident of a nearby Cleveland suburb I was thrilled for a westin in our home town- perfect for stay-cations. I was sorely disappointed on the biggest day of my life.
My husband and I arrived following our wedding ceremony. He had stayed the night before with the best man. We arrived at 5:30pm. Our room hadn't been cleaned, it was still a mess from the boys getting ready that morning and they left the hotel at 6:30am. We called the concierge. They assured us someone would be up. Nothing. We called again 30 minutes later. A woman from housekeeping came up and basically told us it was the hotels fault that the room wasn't cleaned not hers but she never offered to clean the room. At this point I just wanted to get out of my wedding dress and get ready for our dinner reservations. We called (again) and asked them to come clean the room during our 7pm dinner reservations. We arrived back in our room two hours later and STILL the room had not been cleaned. Finally we called again, our wedding night nearly over, both a little buzzed on champagne and exhausted from a long day. At 9:45 two people finally showed up. The next morning we complained and they comped our parking, seriously? We had full trash cans, a messy bed that someone else had slept in the night before and no towels or toiletries, but that is worth comping the parking and never once responding to my calls to the manager, my emails or my review to the site and the loss of our business.
I truly hoped we'd have a new place to go for a night away or to have visiting friends/relatives stay but we will just wait for the Hilton to open.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
April , General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Dakota2418,

I am deeply sorry to read this review. Please contact my assistant and she will promptly resolve this matter for you. Her contact information is below.

Again, I know how important this day was to you and your new husband and we cannot redo the day but we can most certainly make it right.

Please contact: Melissa at 440.730.4251

Best regards,
April Shute
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is in a great location in downtown Cleveland. It's very clean, well decorated and, if you're facing the lake, it affords you a fantastic view. The staff was helpful and courteous. I only thought the price of parking for a city that's not exactly bustling was a bit high. But that was my only qualm. Otherwise it's a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
northeast ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've never stayed in a hotel in downtown Cleveland before. And I've never heard of any really nice hotels there either. But this one, was beautiful. From what I understand, they put a lot of money into renovations and it showed. This is a very modern and classy hotel.

Everything was new and looked great. The modern vibe was a nice touch, it felt like a new building. It's in a great location. We easily walked to public square, just a couple blocks. There you have access to the City Center, Terminal Tower, and the Casino. The restaurants on 4th street are an easy walk as well.

The hotel staff was extremely polite and very helpful. We forgot a garment in our car, and the valet retrieved it and had it rushed up to our room within 15 minutes. Check in/out staff were very personable. Passing random employees would even say "have a nice stay."

The rooms were very comfortable. We had a great view of the terminal tower from our 20th floor room. Everything was clean. The bed was super comfortable. The room and bathroom were both spacious.

If there was any room for improvement, I'd say it's the room doors themselves. You can easily hear the other guests enter / leave their rooms because the doors slam very easily. It would be beneficial to install quieter closing doors (I've seen them in numerous other hotels).

We didn't eat at the restaurant, but did have a few drinks in the bar. We enjoyed that, and the drinks were not expensive.

It was a great stay, and we'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators would be better. You can hear them in the middle of the night at times. If...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Whitehouse, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed there on a Saturday evening and happen to run into the entire Cincinnatti Bengals team. The entire lobby staff were great. The entire hotel is super clean and the rooms were comfortable and huge. The city view in my room was fantastic. The restaurant was very buy and the bar area was quite full the entire evening. The one male bartender was a bit arrogant and unattentive to the bar guest. Call down early to get your car out of valet. Both times we did it it took over 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Call the front desk early to get your car out of valet.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Wooster, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a beautiful hotel with lovely updates, modern and comfortable amenities, and a warm and welcoming staff. However, I would be willing to bet that the walls are made of paper! We could hear everyone at the elevator, every door that slammed, and we had a heater that clanked ALL NIGHT! We could not wait to get out of there so we could come home and get some sleep! When we informed the front desk at check out, the response was "Well, you've stayed here before, right?" No. We had never been there and will not be back!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located right around the corner from the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. The hotel is very nice and the valet staff are very welcoming and helpful. We stayed on the 8th floor, so if you are in the market for a lake view you will want to be in a room higher than that. We could see a sliver of the lake, but it was mostly parking lot. The hotel did not offer free wireless in the rooms even though we were rewards members, which I think is aggravating. The hotel is also about a 15 minute walk to the stadium to see a Browns game.

Rooms were clean and modern. I didn't think the bed or the pillows were comfortable. The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to 4th street, which offered a lot of restaurants and bars.

All in all the hotel met our needs, was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: If you would like a view of the lake, be sure to stay in one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!