“First time there, nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cleveland Downtown

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cleveland Downtown to your Saves list
The Westin Cleveland Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 St. Clair Avenue NE, Cleveland, OH 44114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
“First time there, nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was in town for one day and stayed here. Nice hotel. Much larger then I thought. Very nice and welcoming.

Restaurant was very good. Menu is full of local fav's

Location is good. Higher the better for the view.

Rooms are very large. One weird this is that the room I was in was behind a door that three other rooms. The outermost door didn't have any markings. I just guessed and tried my card and it opened the door. Then I found my room. Not all rooms were like this.

Wifi didn't work. When I called the desk she said it was a satellite and the rain sometimes caused problems. Later to find out that she had no idea what she was talking about.

However, I can't judge a hotel by whether I can get on the Internet.

Beds were comfortable and room was clean.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Geneva, OH, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were on the 18th floor, very nice room, modern décor. Neatly hidden fridge, microwave and coffee machine. Super clean, always a plus. We had breakfast at the on-sight restaurant and the food was locally grown, fresh, very tasty, excellent waitress. The hotel only has valet parking which is $30.00 a night - a little steep and the only option, they also do not include Wi-Fi and it was $12,95 for one day (felt like I was in Mexico). Over all I would stay there again, all of the staff are very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Today could have been a very long day If it was not for the generous support of the staff at the Westin when I accidentally left my bag behind. Thanks to the staffs quick thinking, Bobbie the bellman rushed my bag to the airport to meet me just in time for me to catch my flight.

The hotel was beautiful and the staff were extremely professional. I would highly recommend this property for business or leisure.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Front staff were welcoming and accommodating to our requests, although we had to remind them of our membership status in order to get free internet after confirming the hotel was fully booked and unable to provide free upgrade. The room was very spacious with a great view of the water and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Westin Cleveland maintained the standard that is expected from any Westin. Bed was comfortable as usual, room was clean and no major flaws to be found at this location. The only issue we had was upon check out. At one point we thought the valet has lost our car because it took them 30 minutes to bring the car down after many guests after us already left with their vehicles. When we complained about the situation, the hotel staff were unapologetic. Aside from the valet, it was a great stay at Westin Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We frequently stay at SPG properties. This one has the lobby of a W, a club like those in the Sheratons, and the comfortable Westin bed. It does't really matter; it's just a little weird.

We chose the hotel for the location. It is very close to the football stadium, science museum, Rock and Roll Hall of fame, and other downtown locations.

We were very pleased by the offerings in the Westin Executive Club: good continental breakfast and afternoon tea, wine, beer, and snacks. Great view of the lake. And the front desk staff is very helpful, especially the terrific concierge Bill.

On the other hand, there is some confusing stuff in the hotel. The first elevator on the left only goes to the function room floors, but there's no sign. The sign inside the elevators does say that the Executive Club is on the 23rd floor, but the main entrance is on the 22nd floor. The Guest Services directory that is in each room says that "complimentary shuttle service is available to and from the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport 24 hours a day, " but that's not true. These all are small things that Westin could easily fix.

If possible, I would have rated this hotel 3.5 stars, but on the strength of location, the Executive Club, and the good service from the front desk an bell staff, I rated it 4 stars. We'll see how it develops.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Quick check in and check out. Friendly outgoing staff. Beautiful decorating. Clean and pleasant throughout. Large room on club floor with nice view of city. Enjoyed the snacks in the club but disappointed no free wifi (except lobby). Highly recommend!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful hotel, superb service, nicely decorated rooms, and the absolutely best beds in the industry. I love the bathroom showers with blue tiles and a glass wall. Great downtown location with the requisite Sbux in the lobby, and a restaurant that looks worth checking out..next time I stay there...and I will!

Room Tip: The higher the better the view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
April S, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Portena-by-Marriage,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I was very pleased to read your review about our property and how happy you were with all the amenities. It is our drive and dedication to the hospitality field to ensure your stay exceeds your expectations. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time.

We look forward to your next visit at the Westin Cleveland Downtown.

Best regards,

April

Been to The Westin Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!