“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Cleveland Downtown

Save Saved
You added The Westin Cleveland Downtown to your Saves list
The Westin Cleveland Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   777 St. Clair Avenue NE, Cleveland, OH 44114 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
New Lenox, Illinois
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here this past weekend and overall it was a very good experience. The staff is wonderful. Props to Dennis the door man for being exceptional. He offered us his personal umbrella to use when the hotel ran out of their umbrellas. Thanks, Dennis!!

• Stayed July 2014
Mark A, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear cpratl,

Thank you so much for choosing the Westin Cleveland Downtown. We are pleased to hear that you received such wonderful customer service, especially from Dennis. We hope that when you return to stay with us again, the weather is much better!

Thank you again for your kind words.

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel is brand new and it shows. Very very clean! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only down side is the parking. Be prepared to pay $30 a night for valet. On street parking is very very limited. Overall a good stay. This Westin in my opinion is on par with Cat 4 or 5 SPG properties.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Red Sox David,
Thank you for providing wonderful feedback! We truly hope we can welcome you back soon!

Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Westin on a trip to Cleveland and I have to say it was one of the best Hotel I've stayed in. We arrived in town at 1030am and was just going to ask to keep our luggage with the bell hop until check in at 300. Our room was ready and they allowed us to check in right then. Every staff we passed on every floor and in every department greeted us with a hello. The room was clean, up to date and spacious. the only down size was the shower it did leave a lot of water on the floor since its a open shower with no door but it was a nice shower so it didn't bother us.
My only suggestion would be to drop the price of the valet parking its $30 and the price across the street is $6. If you plan on going in and out then it would be great to valet but if your going to park it and leave it then go across the street.
I would and will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark A, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear John S,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I was happy to read that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay at our hotel. All of the staff on property take great pride in our hotel and enjoy welcoming our guests when they pass throughout the hotel, I was pleased to read that you had such warmth shared with you and your girlfriend.

I look forward to your next visit to the Westin Cleveland Downtown.

Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We are a family of 4, two adults and two kids. Arrived late last night, got upgraded to their newer rooms on the 21st floors. Asked for a crib. Took a very long time to get one. There were no extra sheets, blankets or pillows for the sofa bed. Took forever to get them. Kids were pretty tired as it was past midnight! In the morning called about breakfast only to be told I missed it by a minute! Asked for bath towels and that has taken forever! The hotel looks nice as parts of it are new but I'm not sure about service. Lacking a bit. Not a family friendly hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Mark A, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear ss325,
We are disappointed to hear of the challenges during your stay, and we will continue to work on creating a memorable stay for families. Please provide another opportunity in the event you return to Cleveland!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Everyone that works here is fantastic. Very helpful, very happy, they literally will help at all costs. That is fantastic. I did just incur a $12.95 charge to my room both nights for connecting to the internet. I'm sure it said it somewhere in small print that there would be a charge but I didn't see it. They give you the option to bill it on a separate card or charge it to the room. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, the "Charge it to the room" option is checked by default so all you need to do is enter the room number and last name and you're connected.... and charged. I feel like this is pretty grimy. Almost like I was tricked. Next time I'll know but I've already been duped so nothing I can do about it now.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jeremy T,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I was elated to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us. As you witnessed, our staff is very proud of their contributions to making your stay positive and memorable. However, I am sorry that it wasn't communicated to you more clearly regarding the Internet charges.

I look forward to your next visit to the Westin Cleveland Downtown.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an out-of-town wedding for two nights and had a great experience. It was in a good location with plenty of things in walking distance. The lobby was beautiful with some awesome modern art pieces. The restaurant/bar off from the lobby was great as well. Convenient Starbucks located in the lobby but only open until late lunch time. All the rooms had the new key readers where you just touch the room card to the spot on the door - supposed to be more secure. That was pretty cool.
The rooms themselves were clean and plenty of space and felt new and nice. Great view of the lake from our room! The beds were comfortable. The showers in the rooms were amazing!!!
Only complaint was the cost and service of the valet. It would've been the same cost for us to just take Uber. The Valet lost our vehicle one day and we had to wait 20 minutes until they found it, almost making us late to the wedding.
Overall, we really enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 5sclayton,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I was delighted to read what an enjoyable time you had while staying with us in June while attending your friends wedding.

I hope the next time you are in the Cleveland area you will once again choose the Westin Cleveland Downtown so we can further exceed your expectations.

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

recently stayed here for business and very pleased with room and hotel overall. many rooms have great lake views. everything is clean & new in the bathroom and sleeping area. the hotel is easy walking distance to many areas including theatre & warehouse districts, waterfront & R&R HoF. Staff was very attentive and friendly. pleasantly surprised by Cleveland.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear KateB990,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and appreciate the incredible location. Not only does our hotel have so much to offer, but as you noticed for yourself the city of Cleveland as well.

We look forward to your next stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown.

Mark

Been to The Westin Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!