“It's hard to top the Cleveland Ritz” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Silver Spring, MD
“It's hard to top the Cleveland Ritz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I recently stayed at the Cleveland Ritz-Carlton for 3 nights on a business trip. I have nothing but good things to say about my stay. First, the staff was friendly and attentive. Heck, they even brought me mini pieces of chocolate each of the evenings I was there (including the evening I checked in)! The rooms and beds were nice, the air conditioning worked very well, allowing me to sleep well, and the wireless internet service was reasonably fast. Various newspapers (New York Times, Cleveland Plain Dealer, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and The Financial Times) were also available for free in the lobby area, and as a voracious newspaper reader, the newspaper availability was appreciated. The staff also did a fine job of cleaning the room and restocking the supplies. Additionally, the hotel's location can't be beat - it is in the heart of downtown Cleveland, in the Tower City complex, meaning that various restaurants and other services were nearby. Because the hotel was in Tower City, that also meant I didn't need to rent a car - I took the Cleveland RTA Red Line (i.e. the Rapid) from the airport to the Tower City station and had to only go up a few escalators to reach the hotel (though I will say the Tower City indoor plaza/mall area is pretty confusing initially). The hotel's location near Cleveland's rail transit lines and fairly new bus rapid transit line allowed me to check out all of those services and a couple of non-downtown locations (especially Shaker Square) after the conference's sessions were over for the day. The Ritz-Carlton is also within walking distance of Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians, and I was able to attend a pair of Indians games during my stay. About the only complaint (a very minor one) I have about the hotel is you need to use your room card in the elevator to get to your floor.

The Cleveland Ritz-Carlton is an excellent hotel for business trips, and if you have the money to spend would likely be excellent for leisure trips too. I'm not sure if the Cleveland Ritz is classified as a 5 star hotel, but service-wise it definitely struck me as a 5 star hotel. If I could stay there again for business I'd definitely be interested in doing so.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Did two nights at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland while visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This was the first time we stayed at a Ritz and we loved it. Great service, they fall all over you. The rooms were nice and they did not nickel and dime you. It was very nice experience staying there and we felt like we were special. The spa treatments were fabulous and reasonable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

After almost a week of travel and several hotels, it was nice to settle at the
ritz for two nights. Our accommodations were upgraded to the club level, where we enjoyed a continental breakfast and lots of food to nibble on during the day. I enjoyed the pool, which was big enough for swimming laps. The staff was friendly and efficient. When I told the concierge that my clock was set to standard not daylight time and that the bulb was out in my room, these two minor things were promptly repaired.
This is more of a business Ritz - it is in downtown Cleveland - but it is in walking distance of the basketball arena and baseball stadium, and I could walk inside from the hotel to the arena, which was very much appreciated on a chilly Cleveland day.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Overall the whole experience was fantastic. We went for a girl's week-end away and can't say enough about how helpful and caring the staff was. They even comped us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as a welcome gift. The rooms were spacious and beautiful having been redone last year. We used the spa services and both got the hot stone massage which was heavenly. It was pricey but sooo worth it. Had dinner Sat. night in the Muse restaurant and the meal, ambience and service was perfect. The Easter Sunday brunch was "over the top". The only negative I can come up with was the room service breakfast food was somewhat disappointing in taste. The presentation was beautiful but I've had much better Eggs Benedict, French toast and corned beef hash elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Erie, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Just returned from a great weekend at the Ritz Carlton. Downtown Cleveland is nothing special, especially with young children in your party, but the Ritz was perfect. We arrived after 4pm, and our room was not ready. They wonderfully upgraded up (at a steep discount - not completely free) to the Club Floor which saved our weekend. What a way to stay at a hotel. They had lovely food and drink presentations and unbeatable staff (Shaq and Emilia!). Abdel who checked us in was wonderful as well. For a Ritz, this is not what I would call a "luxury" hotel - it was very nice, immaculately clean and the staff were absolutely amazing. I would recommend a stay here to anyone. The only thing we did not do was eat in the hotel restaurant, but I have heard from others it is very good. If you need to be in downtown Cleveland, this is a great choice. Oh - and the spa is wonderful. Nice size pool, beautiful lockerooms - great steam baths. nice work out facilities and even massage services.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

I've never stayed at a Ritz-Carlton, but can tell you that my experience at this property was fantastic. My husband took me here for our first anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. From the second you enter the hotel, you are treated like royalty. They're practically running to open doors for you. The rooms are beautiful and recently renovated. The restaurant, MUSE, is unbelievable and great for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. I really can't say enough about the fresh cuisine prepared all day long. We also enjoyed the cocktail hour in the lobby lounge. We dined on a couple of appetizers that were fabulous -- we were so full we almost couldn't eat dinner! It really was a wonderful time. The staff is amazing and the accommodations are great. The best part is that it didn't cost us an arm and a leg! One might expect this from the name, but it just wasn't the case. Affordable luxury does exist after all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Bronxville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

A small ground level foyer is the entry point to your stay at this hotel. The elegant and formal lobby is on the sixth floor. This level also includes a lobby lounge complete with a small bar area and a fireplace. The hotel restaurant Muse and some ballrooms can also be found on this floor.

The recently renovated rooms are nice, more contemporary than other areas of the hotel, but a are still a little plain overall. The room size was decent and had a large window to let in light. There was the standard desk with chair, along with a separate chair that should have had an ottoman with it. The table tops were all a nice sandstone colored marble. The bathroom was full of white marble, but it was a basic bathroom with a tub/shower combination, single sink and no separate water closet.

The hotel has a nice but small gym and a good sized pool and hot tub. Both of these areas have windows which always enhances the space. The locker rooms are very nice looking with ample use of marble and have both steam and sauna rooms. Spa services are also available which we did not use.

We had breakfast in Muse, the service was very pleasant and the food good. The decor was more modern looking than the other common areas and included a fireplace.

The hotel seems nicely located, on the edge of the relatively compact downtown Cleveland. The hotel is also connected to an underground shopping area and suburban transportation center.

Renovated rooms, nice amenities, and good service all created the best choice in town for us.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family