“FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
New York City, New York
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Really enjoyed this Ritz-Carlton property. From the minute we drove up, it was first-rate service all the way. The Bellman was extremely friendly and warm, the woman at the Front Desk was extremely professional and issued us a fabulous room. Everyone was helpful and accommodating! Our room was beautiful and the club floor had nice options and a great staff. It was a very memorable experience. You will not regret staying at the Ritz-Carlton Cleveland.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Anything that you wanted was there, it was also on a mall. There was a bar there we went to and saw tim Wakefield.

Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at many Ritz-Carltons, but this Ritz was our best experience yet. Very impressive! The staff is so welcoming and accomodating. The hotel is elegant and has a charming, boutique feel to it. Our room was beautiful and we loved the spacious, marble bathroom. We really enjoyed staying on the Concierge level, which I would recommend to any traveller staying at this hotel. It's definitely worth it! And the concierge staff was amazing (Emily, Nicole & Alice). I especially loved the homemade marshmellows with chocolate dipping sauce! The hotel is conveniently located -- about a 10 minute walk to The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which is worth seeing. It is also adjacent to a very nice shopping center with restaurants and movie theatres. I loved this hotel and although neither my husband or I loved Cleveland, we would consider going back just to stay at this Ritz. What a gem!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

The Ritz-carton Cleveland has the best Massage terapist I ever meet. Dalila is very gifted and professional. She made me fill in heaven. Her smooth hands are incredible and her good spirit is very contageous. I'm looking foward to go back again next year. Thanks Ritz-Carton for having her there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ritz in downtown Cleveland. I am originally from Cleveland and annually, we drop the kids off with my parents and spend a night away to celebrate our anniversary. The Ritz, always elegant and in the heart of the city, is always a wonderful getaway for a night. The rooms had been renovated since our last stay and the new look is lovely: lighter colors, nice textiles, brighter and fresher than before.

We had a wonderful dinner at Muse: a 5 course, chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. All the courses incorporated truffles. It was fresh, innovative and delicious. We enjoyed brunch the next morning which I'd heard about for years. Seafood, sushi, lamb, wonderful selection of cheeses, etc. Not your ordinary brunch. And the presentation was so appealing: many dishes were indiviually and elegantly plated.

We're looking forward to next year!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

Cleveland in December is not normally a destination I'd pick on my own. But one goes where business takes you and so I found myself staying there for twelve days this month.

Let me say, the staff was wonderful. I'd name names but they were all great at the front desk as well as room service and in the spa. Great upbeat attitudes and very gracious and helpful.

Try to book a room on the renovated floors. I was on 12 and the room was great. Everything was nice and new including the plasma screen set. I believe the 11th floor has also been re-done.

Room service was good. No complaints about Muse, their restaurant except for the typical high prices that are common to all hotels of this caliber.

I've been fortunate to stay in a lot of 5 star hotels and service-wise, the Ritz in Cleveland is right up there with them.

If you have to be in Cleveland in December, do yourself a favor and book a room immediately!

• Liked — The service.
  • Disliked — The location, downtown, is lame.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

This is a copy of the letter we just emailed to The Ritz. We have stayed here for years and stopped going for some of the reasons mentioned earlier. I feel most of those have been resolved and look forward to a return trip-especially since they will be renovating soon.
We recently stayed with you September 27,28. We had an amazing time and you gave us a wonderful experience. I am not shy about letting you know when I am not pleased with the something and I want to be equally vocal about your great hotel. We have been coming to your hotel for years but stopped about 1.5 years ago. The Club level food was not good and had declined for the previous year or so. We are so glad we decided to try you again. The Club level is back to the way we remember it years ago. The presentations were fewer but the food was great. Everyone, especially Alice, went out of their way to be helpful. Thank you for a wonderful experience and look for my glowing review on Trip Advisor.

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland? Share your experiences!