“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
germany
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night while we were in town visiting family. I can't say enough great things about the hotel and staff. We were in a club room and the lounge and room were both incredible. We will be back every time we are in town.

Room Tip: Go for the Club room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is probably the nicest hotel in Cleveland but doesn't feel like a Ritz. The rooms are small and are in need of some TLC. Drinks and food are expensive. Overall it feels more like an Autograph than a Ritz.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kelly S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear WorldTraveler 50226,

Your feedback is so appreciated and The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland is in the planning stages of a major property enhancement. I hope your next visit will exceed your expectations. I am available at your convenience if I may be of any assistance for future plans.

Hermitage, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Last night was our second stay. This hotel is beautiful and the staff is some of the friendliest and most helpful; the doormen, valets, bell desk, front desk, and maids met in the hall. The room is beautiful, very clean, and the bed is comfortable. No noise to keep me up Unfortunately, though assured they could and had, they could not give us room not filled with a perfumed scent. This perfume is also prevalent throughout the hotel. For people with asthma and emphysema with a sensitivity to scents this is a very real problem. So if you have no such problem I highly recommend the hotel. If you gamble at the Casino, discounts go up to completely comped.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly S, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Areways,

Thank you so very much for your comments. You are a valued guest of The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland. I so appreciate this feedback so that we can ensure your comfort. I have noted your preference and will ensure that we have a scent free-guest room for your future stays. Upon making your reservation, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so that we can anticipate your needs.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been a guest at this hotel a number of time and always had a good experience in the past. However this most recent visit was surprising and very disappointing. Here are some of the disappointing elements.

Arrival: On prior visits, you were warmly greeted in the downstairs lobby and asked your name. Then they would radio this upstairs so that you were greeted personally once you got out of the elevator. Very nice touch. It didn't happen this time, which isn't a big deal, but the greeter outside the elevator upstairs was unfriendly and unwelcoming. He barely made eye contact with incoming guest. They were much nicer at the check-in desk and efficient as always. However they asked me if I had ever been at the hotel before. I assumed that this meant that my assistant had forgotten to put in my Ritz Rewards number on my reservation so I asked if it was there. It was and they had just forgotten to note that I was a frequent visitor. Again, not a huge deal but unlike the normal Ritz experience.

Lobby Lounge: There is a new woman behind the bar and maybe she is new but she missed one of our guests arrival twice. We had to remind her to take their drink order when she delivered the other drinks to the table. Again, twice.

Rooms: They are definitely due for a renovation. The carpet is starting to look a little tired and the bathroom needs updating. It is still a nice room when compared to the Hyatt or Hilton but this is supposed to be a luxury hotel. The bathroom is particularly in need of upgrading.

Breakfast: The waiter was clueless and disappeared for long periods of time. Our group needed to order quickly and it was difficult to get his attention. He was obviously distracted and kept looking at the door. And then when it was time to leave, he was nowhere to be found. One of our party had to go into the kitchen and ask if anyone knew where our waiter had gone.

Overall it was a very disappointing experience for a Ritz hotel. I sincerely hope that it was an aberration.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Goodmaja,

Thank you so very much for your loyalty and taking the time to express these valuable comments. I am thrilled to learn that the majority of your experiences have been wonderful in the past and want to assure that I am deeply apologetic that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay. Please know that I will personally use this information as a great resource for retraining and focusing on the genuine care and comfort as well as highlighting the importance of recognition of our guests. I value relationships and would like the opportunity to speak with you and restore your faith in myself and our Ladies and Gentlemen. I am available at the hotel at your convenience

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a room with two queen beds. (Girls trip)...what an amazing hotel. A true first class experience. Every single employee was so amazingly friendly,helpful and courteous. The entire hotel from the lobby to our room was clean. The beds were so comfortable and the room was spacious and had every amenity needed. I stay in hotels quite often and this one is certainly top notch. Getting from the hotel to the casino through the mall was a little odd, but it was okay. I actually cannot wait to stay here again with my husband! Well done Ritz Carlton Cleveland!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I came here for the night from Columbus. The hotel room was beautifully appointed and very quiet, which is what we wanted! The staff was lovely and we enjoyed being able to walk to dinner and the casino.

Room Tip: we had a corner room which was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here for four nights for a conference/gambling trip comped from Horseshoe. The hotel is great and is in a wonderful location downtown and within walking distance to a lot of attractions, including a short indoor and safe walk to the casino. Room was spotless and well equipped. Staff was out of their way friendly and some of the best I have ever experienced at a hotel. The owner should be proud he has such a great crew here. We did not try the restaurant, as there are so many good ones nearby.Beds were great. I would stay here again for sure and would recommend it to all my fellow gamblers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland? Share your experiences!