“Great Escape” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenwich, Ohio
“Great Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is my husbands and I 2nd stay, first in August and a week in November. Both times we had a very pleasant time. The club level concierge is very helpful and polite. We do not have one complaint regarding the staff nor the room. The room is older, but we liked the charm and it was well kept. House keeping did a great, service twice a day. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant once and it was good, I recommend the Eggs Benedict. We also had dine in service and it to was comparable to local restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose a club level room is it worth the extra money. The cocktails, wines and beers are compliment...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my second visit to this property, and I was not disappointed. The attention to detail as well as the warmth of the staff makes this a wonderful place to spend a few days in the Cleveland area. We stayed 5 days comp'd by the Horseshoe Casino, but never did I feel like we were treated "less" because of it. We especially enjoyed the complimentary coffee/tea/cocoa in the lobby as we passed through. The holiday decorations were beautiful, and the huge gingerbread house in the lower lobby smelled wonderful! The valet service was excellent, as was room service. We didn't have the greatest view from the 8th floor, but the room itself and its amenities were great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Over the years I have spent many evenings at the Cleveland Ritz, either for a drink in one of the nicest lounges in the city, or for several stays with my wife-where we were also married in 2010. The hotel was hands down the nicest property in the city, where everything was first class.

Now, though the hotel continues to put forth a first class effort, the casino clientele are very present, and they severely detract from what was a Ritz experience. I get it that the casino owners (Cesars and Co) needed to buy a hotel to support the casino, but I truly wish it wasn't this one.

The end of an era in Cleveland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Ritz on Christmas eve. This was about the 10th time my wife and I have stayed there. From the moment we arrive every time, the excellent service begins with the valet and continues through the entire stay. Check in is quick and pleasant and the rooms are beautiful. We gamble at the Horseshoe and its short walk inside through Tower City mall. We look forward to our next trip to the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed December 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Nice clean and big rooms. The parking valet was quick and good. The housekeeping was excellat and they were there anytime of the night if you was to need anything at all.Many fine places to eat within walking distant.

Room Tip: I"m sure their all good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Cleveland for one Friday night in late December while in the city for a Cavalier game. Overall good experience:

Location- We stayed here primarily because we knew weather would be bad and it was connected to the arena. Very convenient getting to the arena. Had to wander a bit through the shopping area but it beat going out in the rain.

Check in- Painless and efficient. Valet parking was quick and efficient. $28 charge which I thought not unreasonable. Check in on 6th floor. Nice lobby.

Room- One king bed. Room was good sized for two people. Mattress too soft for my taste. Usually stay at Marriott's with firmer mattresses. Furniture was blond wood. Quite attractive I thought. Very clean. One siting chair (comfortable). Desk was not as large as I would like if I were traveling on business. Wish the desk chair was more ergonomic as well. Good size flat TV. Bathroom large enough for two people (albeit one sink). Water pressure in shower good. Bright and clean. Drawer and closet space fine. Two robes. Heating and air conditioning was too loud. Cycled on and off constantly through the night. In sum, I'd downgrade the room for the too-soft mattress and the noisy air conditioning but otherwise very nice.

Amenities- Had a drink at the bar/lounge on the sixth floor before the game and then a drink and sandwich at the same bar/lounge after the game. Bar is very small. 5 or six seats tops. No place to sit at the bar when first went in. Lounge is not large either. Nice fireplace though and seats were quite comfortable. Martinis were good and made to order. A club sandwich and fries after the game were excellent at a pretty reasonable price for hotel food. Very happy with food, drink and service. I could, however, easily see that if there were an event at the hotel the lounge would fill up quickly.

Did not use the health facilities or the formal restaurant.

In total, paid about $90 more for the night than if I had stayed at the Marriott or Renaissance, both of which are in the immediate area. Not sure I'd do it again if I weren't going to a game. The furnishings and general ambience are a step up from the Marriott but query if the delta in price is worth it. Still, my wife and I had a generally enjoyable evening.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
west mifflin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We got two nights two different times due to our casino play...the hotel is connected to a very very nice enclosed mall...which is also connected to the Horseshoe Casino...the accomadations are top shelf...plus just a couple minute walk (indoors) to the casino...hotel staff is most friendly...room service is available...extremely nice touch...we were in town during baseball season & the visiting team...the blue jays even stayed here...everything was the best

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland? Share your experiences!