To celebrate my wife's birthday, we reserved a room at the Ritz Carlton, downtown Cleveland for an indulgent weekend. With the Horseshoe Casino a short indoor walk away, it seemed like a good time was in store. Even though I assumed I knew what luxury and great service was all about, I was further amazed at the attentive and friendly staff that awaited us. When I checked in, I assumed, as a Marriott Gold, that we would be upgraded to a club level room. The clerk, very politely, explained that while that is true at Marriott properties, it does not apply to Ritz properties. I accepted her explanation and jokingly told her I was going to check it out online.
Once ensconced in our large, beautiful corner room, we unpacked and prepared to enjoy our escape. A knock at the door and when opened, a bellman stood there with a bottle of wine, opener, two glasses and an envelope. He stated that it was compliments of the manager. I thanked (and tipped) him and went back inside to read the note. I was surprised to find that the manager, hearing of my question about upgrades, wanted to apologize for the inconvenience. He was offering a bottle of wine and a dining credit as a token of his apologies. WOW - I never expected (or deserved....) such a generous gesture.
We had a great weekend - lost money at the casino, had a great birthday meal at Morton's and splurged on a Sunday morning breakfast from room service - compliments of the hotel.
I have stayed at every major chain in the USA from the lower end to the big bustling hotels and had typically good experiences from all - but I have never had service, elegance and class such as that experienced at the Ritz Carlton Cleveland. From the housekeepers, to the parking attendants, the doorman to the desk clerks - everyone was cordial and attentive with outstanding service. The room was large, comfortable with a nice desk area and ample closets. The TV was large, a comfortable chair with ottoman in a great spot and good coffee making supplies. A total win for my wife and I. We will certainly be back.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The epitome of Midwestern hospitality and the only downtown Cleveland hotel to receive a four-star, four-diamond rating, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland features: ideal heart-of-downtown location; 205 well-appointed guest rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Cuyahoga River, Lake Erie, and downtown Cleveland; exceptional dining in MUSE and Lobby Lounge on 6; 24-hour Fitness Center; indoor access to Tower City Center; easy walking access to downtown attractions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Cleveland
- Ritz-Carlton Cleveland
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland Ohio