“Best Hotel in Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Be A Rock Star
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
boston ma
“Best Hotel in Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Loved everything about this hotel. Clean spacious,quiet rooms, polite prompt service, very easy check in (our room was ready early as requested!!), and very comfortable beds. The front office staff were friendly and accomodating especially Arcus (? sp) and Manny. The club lounge had great food, free drinks, the most delicious pastries and cookies, and is employed by the best staff-especially Emily, Shaq and Jasmine. The hotel is attached to the Tower City Mall- which has a Morton's Steakhouse, a movie theatre, and an easy indoor walkway to the Horseshoe casino. I think this was one of our best hotel stays.

Room Tip: Club level is worth every penny!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The first time I stayed at this location was almost ten years ago, and I was so wowed by the experience that it was high on my list of things I wanted to do again. We had been upgraded to a club suite and I just remember in general that things went very smoothly. I felt like a pampered guest in a great location and really enjoyed it.

This time, we booked a club level room with the Rock Hall package. The place was packed, but check-in was smooth. Our room was clean and there were nice extras like chocolates, candies, and the newspaper. We were disappointed to find the bar closed when we went to get our complimentary cocktails, but the bartender told us we could have the drinks delivered via room service. When we asked room service if we could have our drinks with dinner, they initially weren't on board with that, but sent them up anyway. Staff were unfailingly polite and helpful. The 24 hour room service meals were great.

Some amenities I remembered were gone this time. There used to be a "bath menu" with different themed baths to have drawn. Our suite came with a big luxurious bathtub, but no bath menu. I don't know why it was discontinued, but it was a fun idea and I enjoyed reading the menu. Another disappointment was that the Trevie brand of shampoos, which I loved, were no longer in the rooms. I had been looking forward to them.

The location is convenient if you are looking for the entertainment and dining options that the mall offers- just take the elevator to the right lobby and you're right across the way from the Hard Rock Cafe. At $28 valet parking during your stay, you might as well stay parked and enjoy everything. There is also a walkway to the Casino.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Book a club level suite for an added element of luxury; look at package deals to save money on area...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Darien, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Overnight stay during a business trip. Quick and efficient check in, Worked a little at the lobby/lounge while waiting for co-workers. They all somehow got upgraded to club level but not me :(. Lobby was quiet and comfortable, I could not find a plug for my laptop and the bartender searched everywhere even got on her hands & knees to find it and plug in my laptop.

Breakfast room service was prompt and good. I asked for a lot from them and they delivered in every aspect. I needed a FedEx label printed and an envelope, front desk printed the label for me and sent it up with an envelope. Next morning I realized i forgot my toothpaste, within minutes of me calling i had a toothbrush and toothpaste. Everyone used my name and had a smile.

My only complaint is that it took a long time to get the car from the valet. Other than that the hotel was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Never had this problem ever at any hotel in my life ! We arrived at 4 pm and valet was great, took the elevator to lobby to check in. Long line, noticed luggage everywhere ? They were checking in guest and noticed they did not have rooms available yet ? We finally made it up to check in and was told rooms are not ready and the computer system was down. They said come back around 5 - 5:30 and our room will be ready. So we headed over to casino and came back at 7:45 and they stated no rooms ready ? We never ever had this happen at any other hotel ever ! We had to get up early the next day and leave at 6:30am for very important appt. and was very upset. We told them to give us a room and lo and behold they did, funny how all of a sudden we could get our room. We will never stay here again ! I think it was all a scam for the casino !

Room Tip: Never stay here...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Ritz- Carlton in Cleveland, Ohio this past New Years Eve. Our room was very comfortable. The beds were great. The bathroom was excellent. All the amenities. It is located in Tower City on one of the upper floors. When you arrive you will need to valet park off of West Third Street, which is a little tricky, but basically you just drive on Huron Road behind Tower City and make a right hand turn on West Third Street. The valet service is great and they will transport your luggage to your room. They just load it on a cart and meet you at the front desk where you check in. The staff is extremely professional! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Took a trip to the Pittsburgh v. Cleveland and to the new casino. I have stayed in this hotel about 4 times and each time I was impressed with the service and amenities. You may pay a little more but its well worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We loved our visit in June 2012. Staff was excellent. Room was excellent. Location was great. This clearly is a top notch Ritz Carlton, and should be proud of this property and staff. Room was quiet, and very comfortable, Room Service was excellent. Overall A+ One of the best hotels we stayed at in 2012. Would return, again, again, and again. There is nothing close to this hotel in the city. Well done!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland? Share your experiences!