“Second Stay was AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Second Stay was AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was my second stay in two months. All i can say is that check in took 5 min, staff is so friendly, rooms are EXCELLENT, room service is priced just right, and location is amazing. KEEP up the great work.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is adjacent to a large downtown shopping mall and walking distance to restaurants. Customer service was excellent and the room was clean and well maintained. The 6th floor lobby was pleasant and quiet. Breakfast was above average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is the best in downtown Cleveland, and even better now with the opening of the attached Horseshoe Casino in tower city. Wow, much more to do in downtown than ever before. The hotel upgraded us and because it was our anniversary, made the stay extra special, chocolate strawberries upon our arrival. It's just a great staff and an oasis in the city.

Room Tip: The corner suites are wonderful.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Exceptional service is what you expect from the Ritz Carlton Group but this was exceptional. I had flown from LA to Clevelnad on the overnight flight ... we all know how that makes you feel!!! I was welcomed by Nate and asked whether I could utilise the facilities prior to meeting two work collegues prior to breakfast. I expected some resistance but the oposite happened. I was shown to the Gym by Gregg, the facilities explained and left to utilise the Gym and showers. I could not have been better treated. Then refreshed, I was shown the main areas of the hotel, we had breakfast - very reasonable and great food and off to meetings for the day. Everyone at the Ritz Carlton Cleveland were fantastic and will ensure that I stay overnight and enjoy the Hotel next time I am in Cleveland - Thanks to all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Williamsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed here earlier this week for a one night pleasure trip. We think all of staff we encountered here must be taking "happy" pills. Seriously, we never saw so many happy folks who seemed intent only on making sure we would have an enjoyable stay. I mean everybody - from the valet parking guys to the front desk, the Lobby Lounge, the housekeeping staff, the Muse restaurant employees. The hotel is in a great location, it has a aura of luxury to it, the bed was amazingly comfortable, the breakfast was simply perfect. The Lobby Lounge has a great happy hour deal; with select wines, cocktails, and bar bites for just $6 each. There are no negatives here, except for perhaps the price, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay at this location. I believe the first was a little better than the second.

The service was good, but not great like the first time. I somewhat feel that this has to do with my age (26) but it may all be in my head. I travel quite a bit for work and my travels again brought me to Cleveland. In my opinion all of the hotels in the downtown area are past their prime. With that being said, I decided to choose a hotel that was a Marriott property as I am a platinum member. I decided to go with the Ritz again (Marriott property) and upon check-in the status was not even acknowledged (the first time it was) which is petty, but irritates me a bit as I have logged over a 80 nights in a Marriott this year with three months to go in the year. The least that could be done is to acknowledge it.

The staff seemed less attentive this trip. Maybe they were much busier this time around?

Housekeeping did a great job. Room was spotless

In-room dining was good for the most part. I ordered dinner, late night meal and then breakfast twice. A shrimp cocktail I had ordered seemed like it had been left out. The shrimp was room temperature and the cocktail sauce was like sludge. Needless to say I didn't eat it. The staff that brought the meal each time was always friendly and polite.

The location is great. The room was comfortable and the walls seemed insulated well as I did not hear noise from neighbors. The doors are very thin though so you get a lot of noise from the halls if people are talking. This wasn't enough to bother me.

Overall I'd rate this stay as good, not great. Definitely not living up to the RC name during this stay. Still, this would be the best place to stay if you're looking in downtown Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2012
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We spent one night and were given the room comped by Harrah's Casino. The linens and furniture were all good quality. The service was wonderful.We plan on going back and spend more time because it is located to many sites we would enjoy. Would like to have one of the specialty drinks in the lounge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland? Share your experiences!