“Very comfy, great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City
“Very comfy, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Really enjoyed my brief stay here. Lost my cell phone and the staff went out of there to find it. They even helped me figure out that I left it in a taxi, at which point I figured since it wasn't somewhere at the hotel that I would be on my own. But no, the bellman asked me to describe what the taxi looked like, figured out the cab company, and called them for me until they figured out exactly which driver picked me up from the airport. It was like finding a needle in a haystack and I would have *never* been able to do that in an unfamiliar city if it weren't for the Ritz staff. The room itself was really nice, upscale and modern but not overly trendy and not overly antiqued-looking like so many of them can look like. The bed was one of the best I've ever stayed in and I was sad to leave it. Overall great hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

A lovely hotel. We stayed for one night. We had a suite on the 7th floor. It is not a Ritz like in LA, SF or Miami. It is old world. Smaller, rich in art, in a wonderful old building located downtown. We had to decide between the intercontinental (where everyone going to the Cleveland Clinic stays), or the Ritz. This was a good decision. Only one small complaint. The air conditioner was a bit loud. If in Cleveland again, we will stay there.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was my third visit in three months and did not disappoint. From the moment you reach the property, you are greeted and treated like a valued guest. The bell staff was extremely helpful. They were great ambassadors for the city of Cleveland....so nice to see them excited about the city and their jobs. We stayed on the club level, and it was a fantastic experience. Emilie and her staff were attentive and helped to make our stay most comfortable! It was a pleasure to speak with Emilie, Shaquita, Jasmine and Alice while we relaxed and enjoyed the food presentations in the club lounge. We enjoyed it so much that we hated to leave the property..

The rooms and the bathrooms are large and decorated simply yet beautifully. It was very quiet. Our room looked out on Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River...very nice.

The only thing that I would suggest for improvement would be to keep the club lounge open until 11:00 pm rather than 9:30.

I wholeheartedly recommend this property and look forward to our next visit with all of our kids to see the Indians win a few ball games!

For dining off property, there is a cool restaurant area on east 4th that is a quick walk from the hotel. We enjoyed dining at Michael Symon's Lola one night. We would have tried a few of the other restaurants if we had the time.

We also saw Jersey Boys at the State theater in beautiful Playhouse Square. The restored theaters are beautiful...great venues for a show or concert.

Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We are big Yankee fans and drive to Cleveland for the Indians/Yankees series. We have stayed at other hotels but made the switch to the Ritz. The service is outstanding and the rooms are beautiful. They knew we had 4 kids so when we arrived the lady at the front desk brought out a wagon with toys and my boys were able to pick whatever they wanted! If you can afford it, stay on the Club Level. They offer 5 food presentations and unlimited beverages, including alcohol. It's actually cheaper than eating out. The club level would even make special PB&J sandwiches for my boys bc they wouldn't eat fancy food. The concierge even cut the sandwiches to resemble stars for July 4th (yay Emilie!)Staying on the club level makes you feel like a celebrity! Whenever we can afford it (or if we want to splurge) we stay at the Ritz Carlton.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. Staff extremely polite and helpful (valet, front desk, restaurant and in-room dining). Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We live in the area, and my wife took me here for my 45th birthday. The staff of the hotel could not have been nicer. When we got to our room, it was not exactly what my wife had hoped for, and they literally showed us 3 more rooms until she found one she really liked. Then, they surprised us with a complimentary bottle of champagne! They turned what would have been a very nice stay into a truly special one. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
cleveland ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed there for 3 nights last week. Every employee was pleasant and attended to our needs in an efficient manner. Will definately visit Cleveland again and stay at the Ritz!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland? Share your experiences!