“Location & brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Akron, Ohio
“Location & brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband & I have stayed twice when in Cleveland for concerts at the Q. What we love: hotel is attached to complex & walkways where we can dine at Hard Rock Cafe & no need to set foot outdoors in chilly weather. This is very walkable for fit & able bodied; may not be the case for all. The brunch in the restaurant there is fantastic with fruit, vegetables, salmon & chicken dishes along with the other standard breakfast fare. We have found the service to be good. The not as great: One visit our room was tiny. Our most recent visit the room was large. In winter it is very cold & drafty. Also this hotel is attached to the Horseshoe Casino so for that crowd it could be a plus. The rates & parking are pricey.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Greetings island lady and thank you for the excellent four stars! Believe it or not, but each of the 491 guest rooms within our historic hotel are completely unique in size and layout. We apologize that one of your visits was not in a room to your liking. Thanks again for visiting and we do hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have read reviews on here stating that the walls are thin, the hotel was dirty, or some other thing to complain about, but I had none. This review may have been different if upon check in I was not upgraded to the club level for free and got to take advantage of my newly gained club lounge access, but my experience here was really great. The valet service was quick, and on par with other valet's prices ($30). My check in process was less than 3 mins and my room upon check in was clean and spacious. I can see how people have complained about the thinness of the walls, considering every door that shut I could hear, but at night it was pretty quiet and I slept awesome. The bed was probably the best I've had and there was ample closet space.

The club lounge was great, though I have no others to compare it to, had free soft drinks/juices/snacks and a decent hot food (chicken or turkey). My only gripe and is the reason I am giving this hotel a 4, is there is no free in room Internet and the free lobby Internet wasn't very quick. There is a hotel bar in the lobby that is reasonablely priced but you are also in walking distance to west 6th and the cssino. All and all this was a good experience and I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from Cleveland and thank you for the wonderful four star review. We appreciate all of your feedback and we definitely apologize for your disappointment in our wifi policy. Please know that we have passed your comments to our hotel manager for her review. In addition, for future visits, we do offer complimentary wifi in our Lobby Court area. We hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I asked for a walk-in shower, which put me in a handicapped room. Room size was large, the same for the bathroom. No charge for the requested re-frig. I was on the outside, windows facing the square, which was an excellent view. Disappointed in the pool, kinda a wadding pool, not a swimming pool. But used and like the work-out room.

I guess due to the age of the hotel, getting to the front desk from the RT required stairs. I had luggage in tow, as I was getting my second wind so to tackle the steps, an hotel employee came to my assistance. He carried my bags to the top of the stairs and pointed the direction to the front desk and disappeared, with my thanks. Staff was very helpful if asked. .

Room Tip: Good location if going to a FB game at the Brown's stadium.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hello Linda and thank you for visiting. We appreciate the four stars and all input regarding your stay. Please note that guest elevators are located behind the staircase inside our Superior Street entrance. We're very sorry that you were not pointed in that direction with your bags in tow. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Cleveland.
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I recently stayed for 4 days for a friends wedding and while I love the idea of staying in a grand building with pedigree the overall experience was not special at all. Parking is $$$$, staff is lazy and rooms are a little damp and dated. The AC is not the best and they really try to up charge you on everything. I would probably never stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
Hello and thank you for visiting us here in Cleveland. We're very sorry to hear that your stay was not more enjoyable. Please know that we have passed all comments to our general manager for her review. We appreciate any and all feedback as this allows us to continually improve. Once again, we do thank you and hope that you will in fact return again. Safe travels.
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I want to start off by saying the room was very clean and spacious. The fact the room had two queen beds and then the most comfortable pull out sofa I've ever slept on was a huge plus and my favorite parts.

The hotel was missing the little things that would make me consider it a luxury hotel. I could have got a clean room for less with way more amenities at say the Hampton or Holiday Inn Express but we paid and wanted the full service experience and we didn't get that.

When you park in the parking garage there is little to no information on how to get to the hotel front desk. There are a few signs here and there but its not great information. Then you ride in a small dingy elevator to some escalators into what at the time looked like the event space for a Cleveland Clinic event. Then to the front desk that had a long line and only 2 people checking people in. I am sorry when you have five work stations and its 4pm on a busy summer Saturday Downtown you should be prepared with more staff. We did get checked in by a nice desk agent but again no extra touches or stellar customer service just okay. We then found our room and again like I mentioned above it was the nicest part of the trip as it was very clean and large in size. We then called down asking for assistance on finding some tylenol or any headache medication and was just told we don't sell that but no information on where we could purchase or anything. We also brought our own luggage to our room with no offer of a luggage cart or even any bellman. Across the street at the Ritz Carlton the Bellman on point and ready to help their guests but no bellman in site. We then asked for dinner suggestions but then again no real help from concierge desk either.

So while the hotel was clean and the staff was nice enough I don't know if its worth the extra cost to stay there when you can get good clean rooms and nice staff plus more at other locations. I do again want to commend the housekeeping staff they did a great job and when we needed extra shampoo they ran it up to the room very quickly.

Room Tip: Ask to be high up because we heard yelling coming from outside in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Nina and thank you not only for visiting, but also for taking the time t write such a thorough and well thought out review of your stay. We are terribly sorry to hear that your experience with us was not stellar. Some of the items you note are very troubling as this just isn't the type of guest experience we strive to offer. Our general manager would like the opportunity to speak with you directly about your experience. Should you have the time, please email her directly at rencleveland@renaissancehotels.com with your contact information. On behalf of our entire team, we sincerely apologize and hope to hear from you.
andover, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We have stayed in many hotels in downtown Cleveland, but this hotel is truly outstanding. The location is terrific and, because transportation is free to most of downtown venues, very convenient. The shuttle stops in front of the hotel. The hotel is part of the historic Terminal Tower, which is fun to explore. The hotel lobby is stunning -- marble floors, stairs, balustrades and a fountain. There were many weddings held there, during our stay, which gave the hotel a very festive feeling. The bar was lovely, and the restaurant, where we had breakfast for several mornings with family, offered a terrific buffet and great service. We were upgraded to a club room, which was very spacious, clean and quiet. The one thing it did not have, which would have been convenient, was a refrigerator, but an ice machine was readily available. The indoor pool was very pretty and clean. And, comments from all our many family members were very positive about how considerate and helpful the staff were. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Cleveland Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Greetings and thank you so very much for the glowing five stars and the wonderful compliments. We appreciate all of the positive feedback. Please note that we do have a limited amount of in-room refrigerators available on a first-come first-served basis. On your next visit, please make this request at the time of booking or check-in and if available we are happy to bring one to your room. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fremont, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance on Friday June 13. I had requested a high up room overlooking Public Square. We were checked in by a pleasant young man who said we have a nice king room for you overlooking Public Square as you requested. Great! Even better it was on the 12th floor, one of the Club floors. The room was fantasic, spacious and clean, with a great view. Due to the architecture of the hotel, we also had a view to the side.

After dinner, and winning at the Casino, we had a great night's sleep. Such a comfortable bed. Next morning the shower worked perfectly and we were checked out by an equally pleasant young lady. She enquired if we had enjoyed our stay, and when she found out that I had won she wanted to shake my hand to rub some of the luck onto her! So cute.

We both agreed that it was a very enjoyable experience, and I have just made another reservation for a Saturday night in August at the Renaissance. Hope we get the same room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you so much for visiting! Congratulations on successful experience this past Friday the 13th - lucky is correct! We very much appreciate the five stars and we look forward to your next visit into the city. Thanks again.

Been to Renaissance Cleveland Hotel? Share your experiences!