“Spent a good 30 days in this hotel in a year - one of my favorites.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade

Double Your Points
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Troy, Michigan, USA
“Spent a good 30 days in this hotel in a year - one of my favorites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

If you're looking for a unique hotel, this is the only one you should pick in Cleveland. Hotel rooms in the arcade look like shops on the outside (kids love this) and are roomy on the inside with plush furniture, high ceilings and all marble bathrooms. The staff is second to none, and the Weekend buffet breakfast is worth every penny. If you don't have time for a sit-down breakfast at the restaurant, there's a neat coffee bar on the street level with amazing pastries.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We booked this hotel as a "4-star" property, and we were kind of disappointed. No fridge or coffee maker, nothing was open as far as food (and it wasn't that late, either). My partner had to wander a few floors to find a vending machine that actually worked. However, the front desk heard all our concerns and gave us a lunch credit to use at their restaurant the next day, so I can't complain about the service. It's a good location, but just buyer beware on the value. (Extras such as internet, parking)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night this week. I was looking forward to an historic hotel. What I got was a pretty crummy room overlooking a ramp garage (literally a few yards away) and above where the garbage trucks began their 4 am pickups. The hot water and all water pressure was gone from the time I woke up until I checked out, so no showers were available. No accommodation was made for that and not even much in the way of apology. They didn't contact a nearby Y or nearby hotels to see if guests could used their spas for showers... anything would have been appreciated after a dirty carpet, early wake-up and headlights in the room from the early parkers. When I checked in at 8 pm, the entire arcade (which seems to be failing, with many closed stores) was locked up and the Hyatt restaurant was also closed. I called room service and no one answered. The bar was the only option and not one I wanted as a single woman, so I had to go behind the hotel where I located a number of nice places to eat. No parking or other discount for traveling thousands of miles and then getting no shower. It was a disgrace. Not the Hyatt experience one would want.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Hotel seemed old. Not so much dirty, but not exactly clean either. In need of a renovation. Rooms still have tube TV's. Not my favorite Hyatt I've ever stayed in (I'm a goldpass member). It was connected to a building called "The Arcade" that had only a few stores/restaurants left in it, the rest closed up shop a long time ago.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
detroit, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Easy to find close to stadiums and around the block from house of blues and many resturants. Staff was very friendly. We stayed in the arcade part of the hotel which is very beautiful. Upon check-in we we're told that there would be an event with music until midnight , so we were given a choice of rooms near or away from the party. Even with the party It wasn't very loud. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean, only thing no spare roll of toilet paper and the one on the spool was less than 1/4 full. Nice perk was toothpaste was an ammenity in the room. Valet 22.00 worth it. Also parking garage next door 20.00 over night. Bid 70.00 on priceline for 3.5 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Riverside, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

We were in town for a combination business/leisure trip. Our room was beautiful with a lovely view of the city and lake. (We had the penthouse suite.) The room and hallways were very clean and quiet. I am a diamond member of Hyatt and we were treated very well by all staff. Service was great from the front desk to the breakfast in the morning. We loved the restaurant for breakfast--the food and service was excellent. It was great that the menu was so fresh and featured organic eggs, which we love to see on a menu when we're traveling. The hotel is centrally located in the city with the Cleveland Library located across the street. The Arcade Building where the hotel is located is gorgeous. There are a couple of restaurants inside this building. We had such a lovely stay, we would certainly stay here again and highly recommend it to folks visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I am at this hotel 3 days a month on average. I like the location as I am wheelchair bound and easy access to the euclid corridor bus that takes me to the clinic. I always feel secure at this hotel, Sure there has a few issues here and there, but the staff here does take care of things, I am always greeted with a smile, and If I phone the GM I always get the call answered.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!