When checking in for an overnight stay in this unusual hotel, it was explained to us that in a previous incarnation the building was the first shopping mall to be built in the United States in the late 1800's. Recently refurbished and converted into a hotel, the result is mixed. The Atrium is really very aesthetic indeed and has been artfully and tastefully restored. Our room, an Arcade King Suite, was truly enormous, with a sitting room, and a vast adjacent bedroom with King Bed and well equipped bathroom. While furnished with modern fittings, I can’t say the room had a lot of character. What I found most disturbing, however, was that the windows facing into the Atrium had to be shuttered so that the guests using the balcony passageway would not have a clear view of the room, while the external window had the most awful view of the A/C compressors for the entire hotel and assorted mechanical mayhem – the result being that we felt shuttered in and a touch claustrophobic, despite the size of the room. I would assume that not all rooms have such a terrible view out of the window, but the general feeling was that the room did not “work”. Nevertheless, we had an excellent breakfast at the restaurant (indeed, one of the best asparagus omlettes I have ever had), and the fitness room was well equipped and pleasant to use. Location is good, close to downtown shopping and within walking distance of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. An interesting choice if only for the history of the building and the unique character of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in an elegant National Historic Landmark Building, the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. A total of 293 guest rooms including 4 suites. 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space including 4 executive boardrooms, 5 banquet rooms, and 4800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890, a contemporary restaruant and lounge, seats 210 open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fully equipped Fitness Center. The Hyatt Regency Cleveland is within walking distance of the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, East 4th Street entertainment district, Cleveland Clinic, The Warehouse District and Theater District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio