“Great location and easy excess everywhere” 4 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Great location and easy excess everywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I always stay here every time visiting Cleveland. Location is very convenient and easy access to the hwy and literally in the middle of the city center. Room are very nice, clean and decent size - especially with the super high ceiling it looks like you are staying in the part of history of the town. The only downside of this property is the price of the valet parking, $24 is a little excessive I think, The $15 daily parking rate maybe more appropriate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Nice building was the only good feature. The hotel has huge potential inside but it seems hugely neglected. It smells, dirty and rude and inexperienced receptionist. Absolutely amazing pictures online but disappointed reality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our building, but disappointed that the rest of your experience did not meet expectations. We value the feedback of our guests, and take all comments into consideration as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We are also aware that our space could use a facelift, and have recently begun offering updated guestrooms with all-new modern furnishings and decor. We expect to have all guestrooms fully updated by 2015. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and hope you wil join us again so that we have a chance to make your next stay more enjoyable.
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Nice location and beautiful setting...that's the good.

I checked in, they gave me my keys and the bell hop took me to my room. My keys did not work, so bellman let me into my room and he went to get keys. Bellman...very nice, informative, and helpful (Robert). He came back with keys. About two hours later I was sitting working on my computer and all of a sudden someone else came into my room. Front desk screwed up and checked someone else into my room. Guests said sorry and headed to front desk. I called.

Apologetic, but they were telling me...you aren't supposed to be in that room...like it's my fault????? That is one thing that should never happen in a hotel. Guest safety/security is the number one priority for any hotel. If I wasn't there...would there have been things taken from my room?....etc...etc... lots of bad scenarios.

That night I got a envelope under my door with a note saying sorry...yadayadayada...and a coupon for a free breakfast which outlined only 1 entree and 1 drink. Really? That's what guest's security value is...$2 of actual cost to the hotel...I mean a specialty waffle was $12 on their menu...flour and water doesn't cost much and the few extra ingredients don't either. If I hadn't been there for a conference...I would have checked out immediately. Trust in the hotel is long gone.

Rooms....mine was very large..others I heard were a shoebox. I was in the Arcade area 2nd floor. Very, very noisy....everything echoed. Wood blinds on wall of windows did not block out much light...could not darken room to sleep.

Not impressed at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and historic building, but disappointed that your experience was unsatisfactory. Safety is a top priority for us, and we regret that this was compromised by your room mix-up. We appreciate you sharing your feedback so that we may use it as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We hope you will join us again so that we have a chance to make your next stay more enjoyable.
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel is awesome looking if you are in the area I recommend walking through it - but do NOT book a room. All of the rooms face the arcade and do not have adequate sound proofing. During my visit I had trouble sleeping because I could hear the people hanging out in the arcade area. My friend stayed in a separate room down the hall and had the same complaint. If you must stay at the hotel be sure to bring ear plugs.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the historical beauty of our building, but disappointed that you were inconvenienced by noise during your stay. We do everything possible to minimize guest disruption due to noise in The Arcade, and apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. We do have guestrooms available on higher floors that are not facing The Arcade, so please don't hesitate to ask for a quiet room should you stay again and we will do everything possible to accommodate. We hope you will join us again so that we have a chance to make your next stay more pleasant.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed in a king room with an arcade view. Clean and well maintained. Room was a bit smaller than expected, but couldn't beat the location. We ventured to the casino during the late afternoon and then hit the nightlife on East 4th after dark. One hint -- avoid the $24 parking fee at the hotel by using the casino lot (free 24 hour parking if you play for 30 minutes with you total rewards card!) All in all, good hotel and we will definitely be back.

Stayed August 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The hotel is on the upper levels of a shopping area. The shopping area closes in the early evening, so at night time it is quiet. There is no view from your window outside (no big deal). The room I had on the 3rd floor was superb. Roomy - had a separate room for watching TV. The bathroom was large and easy to maneuver. The king bed was very comfortable.

Best of all, I liked the location. I could walk everywhere and did not need (or want) a car.

Will stay here again when in Cleveland.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Room: 3rd floor, king bed, newly renovated, arcade facing room (no view to outside).
Cleanliness: nice and clean. great new carpet.
Comfort: beds were comfy, pillows full and soft.
Noise: quiet until loud guests were yelling through arcade at 2am.
Hotel Location: perfect. right off the pedestrian only street where you can find a good assortment of restaurants and entertainment. Walking distance to Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, the Warehouse District, the ball park, etc. Parking garage is right beside the Hyatt and is currently $20/ 24 hours.

Service: everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The arcade facing room we had on the third floor was historically interesting, but does not offer na...