Just returned from an overnight at the Hyatt to attend a business function downtown Cleveland. It was either our third of fourth stay at this Hyatt over the past seven or eight years. We snared this on Hotwire, blind booking by star level, for about $105.
As others have noted, you can't get a better location -- Tribe game, Playhouse Square, casino, E. 4th on the doorstep. We self-parked at the garage next door and were greeted by a trio of smiling, accommodating women on check in (a big improvement over our last visit). When I asked if a king room was available, the staff member warned us the only king rooms faced the inside of the Arcade and that there was a wedding that night. After reading previous reviews, I knew not to get the king. Instead, we were put into a double room overlooking the Cleveland Public Library (lovely building) with Lake Erie in the background. Clean, quiet, comfortable bed...not cutting edge, but decor from 2000s, not 1990s.
The Arcade itself continues to be underused. When we were checking out, a film crew was setting -- presumably to shoot scenes from a movie John Travolta is starring in which is being filmed at the moment in town. I so hope that people visiting from the upcoming Gay Games...or that, if Cleveland snares it, the national Republican convention...see the potential of this arcade and parlay it into the grand destination spectacle it should be. The bones are there.
Anyway, I'd recommend this play -- 5 stars for location, 2.5 for decor, 4 for comfort and friendliness...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in an elegant National Historic Landmark Building, the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. A total of 293 guest rooms including 4 suites. 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space including 4 executive boardrooms, 5 banquet rooms, and 4800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890, a contemporary restaruant and lounge, seats 210 open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fully equipped Fitness Center. The Hyatt Regency Cleveland is within walking distance of the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, East 4th Street entertainment district, Cleveland Clinic, The Warehouse District and Theater District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio