“Average for the Hyatt” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Brussels
“Average for the Hyatt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

A perculiar setup for the hotel split up into two locations for the rooms in The Arcade. The breakfast room and gym are in two separate locations in the center away from the hotel. Breakfast is not a buffet, which I find regrettable. You must order a dish and then wait. The choice is not very healthy. A buffet is really a must in this class of hotel. Breakfast not included in room rate and you are charged per dish and per drink.
Wifi is good, but is not free, which still amazes me these days. Gym is okay. This Hyatt is qualitative less than other Hyatts I have stayed in, but one of the most expensive.

• Stayed October 2013

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New Philadelphia, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was the absolute worst stay I have had at a hotel. I have stayed here once before and it wasn't the greatest but it was better than this one. Not only were we sent to the wrong room, TWICE, the rooms, were disappointing. The furniture was old and outdated, there was hair on the pillow and there was a thick layer of dust and dirt along the baseboards. So much that you could pick it up with your fingers. The view (both stays)were of the parking garage which the sounds of the alarms and horns, and the sounds of the personnel on their smoke breaks and taking out trash (LOUDLY) and making fun of patrons at 2 am. Our tv didn't work when we arrived to our room, the snow knocked the signal out, as the front desk so rudely explained to me over the phone. We were given free breakfast for the room mix-ups, and honestly that was the worst coffee and potatoes EVER, I'm glad we didn't have to pay for that. As we were exiting we decided to visit the restooms in the banquet area right behind the 1890 Lounge and Restaurant, and they were HORRIBLE. Absolutely disgusting! Puke, feces and toilet paper clogging and over filling every toilet in the Mens AND Womens restrooms. The experiences we had, it was NOT worth the $231 we paid for our overnight stay. As much as we did pay and for a "respectable" hotel, we were EXTREMELY disappointed. We will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. I'd find another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Arcade building in which the hotel is located is an architectural gem, and worth visiting to have a look even if you do not stay there. The location is nice also: Close to both the offices I was visiting on this trip, and the 4th Street restaurants and entertainment. Those are the positives.

Unfortunately, the building was way too noisy to get a good night's sleep. I had a room that faced the indoor Arcade, so had lots of noise coming in the front window from the corporate event on the first floor. (Yes, the front wall is a window, because the rooms are remodeled retail space.) Out the back window was a depressing view of HVAC equipment and a parking garage. The early morning revealed how thin the back glass was, when I was awakened each morning by the sounds of dumpsters and trucks.

The room was clean, although the cleaning staff did not replace the plastic coffee cup I used (a pet peeve), and clearly did not replace or clean the glass cups in the bathroom. The room was strange also, because it did not have a mirror outside of the bathroom.

I would not stay there again, but I would suggest people interested in seeing a beautiful old building walk through the Arcade lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing this feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic architecture of our building but disappointed that you were disturbed by the outside noise. We work very hard to ensure that our business travelers are assigned quiet rooms, especially on evenings when we are hosting events. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade during your next visit to the city.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed here on a quiet Sunday night while traveling to Cleveland on business. The arcade is visually stunning and made the stay worth it. My room was on the second or third floor of the arcade and was obviously a converted store front. I had no issue with noise, but I suspect if a wedding was taking place in the arcade, you would hear it. It is also true there aren't any great views out your window, but you are staying in downtown Cleveland, not Miami Beach.

I liked the location, its walking distance to the House of Blues, the Casino, and even the baseball stadium, if the weather is nice. I would stay here again for the location and the historical architecture of the building. However, the rooms are dated and not currently up to the standards of a four star hotel (which is what the site I purchased the room from rated it). The rooms are also unique, the bathroom, for example, is a skinny walk between the all glass front of the room (covered by drapes) and a wall. Its just not a normal hotel room, so if that bothers you, pass. But I found it interesting. Finally, the rooms are a bit on the small side.

But I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very unique(old fashioned) room located inside a downtown arcade. Great location. Staff from valet to bell man very professional. Easy check in and check out service! Bed very comfortable. Room very spacious!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
U.S.A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our room was very clean and comfortable, although fairly small but that's just due to the age of the building. The location is great in downtown Cleveland within The Arcade. There is so much to do and The Arcade is a must-see in Cleveland. Also, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is literally a two minute drive from the hotel and the sports stadiums are all close too. The staff was very accommodating and the customer service was excellent. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful historic hotel with great service. I was very impressed during my recent at the Hyatt at the arcade. They had it decorated for Christmas which gave it an extra charm. Our room was spacious, clean and had a nice view of city. Every one we encountered at this hotel was helpful and friendly. I wish both my nights in cleveland were spent at this hotel. It also is located in front of a really nice street of bars and night clubs and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!