“Girl's Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Salem, Ohio
“Girl's Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night. This Hyatt is in a very old downtown building that is connected to the Arcade. At one time, I'm sure this flourished with cute shops, but as goes the economy, not too many are left. It appears to be used quite a bit as a wedding reception area now. Wish we would have known that much before confirming reservations. Luckily we were high enough up as not to be located on one of the 4 floors that open to the Arcade. Very Loud reception area. Service was super!! The room itself is fine, clean, not noisy to the street. Bathroom was clean as well. In general, no complaints for what we wanted, walking distance to the Casino, Shopping, Ballpark. We used the spa that is on location in the Arcade. Very nice there as well.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor or higher if you don't want all the Arcade "ballroom" noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I adore the architecture in the Arcade building. This is not your typical Hyatt! First, the lobby is one level up from where you enter street level. The check in host was gracious and friendly. The various levels of rooms are all open to a central, grand space. The rooms have very high ceilings with nice molding. The doors are beautiful, refinished old doors (with modern locks of course.) I like the decor and the atmosphere. I had a nice dinner (salad) at the 1890 bar and a great breakfast in the 1890 restaurant (cinnamon french toast). Parking is costly but there is a self park garage next door (west) of the Hyatt entrance. I will go out of my way to stay in this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have become a big fan of Hyatt properties over the last few years and this one lives up to the name. I was there the weekend of the 24th in August. The room was very nice, I had a good view of 4th street. You are walking distance to the bars on 4th, I enjoyed the Hairy Buffalo, The Tilted Kilt, and Flannery's. You are also walking distance to the casino, Progressive Field, Quick Loans Arena, The Browns Stadium, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which is a MUST. The bar in the property was very nice which leads me to discuss their customer service. I sat down at 10:30PM to order some appetizers and drink some local beer and the bartender told me if I waited 30 minutes ALL apps are 1/2 price. She had no reason to do that, but she took the extra step and informed me of the specials they had. The concierge staff were all exceptional, as well as the doormen, busboys, and maid service. Every single employee of the hotel treated me with courtesy and professionalism. This is unfortunately not the norm at all hotels across the country. This is such a nice little hotel (I am from NYC so to me it's a small hotel, sorry if that is arrogant, I don't mean to be) and I strongly advise anyone staying in Cleveland whether on business or pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view of 4th street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stow, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We called the day before and were assured that we would get a king and they would put a refrigerator in the room for us. NOPE! Neither happened. We walked to the elevator at the far end to access the tower lobby (thank goodness we were in the quiet towers as a wedding was going on till who knows how late) only to find a room with 2 double beds---not even queens, so we went all the way back to the front desk to be told the kings were all sold out. Too bad we were lied to; we would have stayed somewhere else. Perhaps that's how they treat Priceline purchasers? Typical downtown, cookie cutter small room but there was a high ceiling and nice draperies. The carpet was trashed---flat type with many blackish stains. Surprised it was so quiet for a downtown area although there was a recurring vibration somewhere by the headboard; had no idea where it came from. Not a good night's sleep. There was no breakfast included; don't know why some reviews mention breakfast. It was nice that the valet included in and out privileges. No free internet either.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the high floor in the towers.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
karenvon,
We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade did not meet expectations. Ensuring that our guests experience a comfortable stay the is a top priority for us. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland again, and we hope you’ll give us a second chance to welcome you back during your next visit to Cleveland.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is located at the Arcade which I believe was America's and perhaps the world's first indoor shopping mall. It is in the heart of downtown close to everything. Older hotel but still clean.

Breakfast was typical Hyatt fare with a wide variety of both healthy and comfort foods. By far the best hotel with good staff and decent facilities.

Weekends are fairly dead downtown as are nights (typical of a business district) Guy's Pizza on the corner is open until late.

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I needed a night away from the house and priceline selected The Hyatt. Not a bad choice. I've always wanted to stay here because of the unique design. The view overlooking the arcade is amazing. Staying here has sparked my interest in the history of the building...I'll have to do a google search to find out more information.

• Stayed September 2013
Dix Hills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Hyatt in Cleveland is very nicely located for a visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It is clean and the staff is extremely accommodating. It is near some very nice restaurants. I do not recommend the restaurant for anything other than a burger. My pasta with pesto was a green glob. I requested olive oil for my bread and was brought a bowl of vegetable oil. For such a nice place, the restaurant was a huge disappointment. As accommodating and friendly as the house staff was, the service at the bar left much to be desired. Stay at the Hyatt when in Cleveland but eat at any of the many places on Fourth Street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!