“Great Anniversary Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Anniversary Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We booked a room with Hyatt loyalty points, for our wedding anniversary. The front desk staff upgraded us to a Grand Arcade Room and cheerfully arranged an early check-in. Our room was large, comfortable, and clean. We enjoyed our location on the 3rd floor of the historic Arcade. No wedding was scheduled, so there was no noise. The spa and exercise room are both inside the Arcade, right next to the hotel lobby. Dinner at the Chocolate Bar restaurant, also inside the Arcade though not affiliated with the Hyatt, was superb. We crossed Euclid Avenue for drinks at an East 4th Street bar, and walked a few blocks down Euclid to our show at Playhouse Square. When we returned from the theater, we found a nice surprise in our room - complimentary champagne and chocolates, with a hand-written letter from the manager wishing us a happy anniversary! The breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant was very good - lots of fruit, meats, cheeses, breads, and omelettes cooked to order.

Room Tip: Grand Arcade rooms open to the historic Arcade. If you stay on Saturday be sure to ask if a wedding...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Paul H
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We're thrilled that you choose to spend your anniversary with us and hope that we will have many more opportunities to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
oil city, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt February 2nd. Iris at the front desk was wonderful during check in and again the next day at check outl. The location is great! Walk through the Arcade and you are ready to eat, drink and be merry. Attended a concert at the House of Blues across the street, wonderful. Stayed with the AAA package, breakfast at 1890. Simply wonderful buffet. We have been traveling to Cleveland over the past two years for sporting and other events staying at other hotels, no more. The location can't be beat. We found no issues with finding the front desk as others have complained as well as no real problem with noise. Will stay here again. The Arcade is really cool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
benwoe,
Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and that you had an opportunity to experience 1890 Restaurant. We hope you’ll join us again for your next visit to Cleveland.
Westerville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Will never park valet again, especially at this hotel!!!! Hotel never charted in their log that I had my car in valet. They accused me of taking my car out that evening and never checking back in with them. I needed to get to a meeting and they wouldn't offer to pay for my cab fare. Missed my meeting. The valet workers called the employees that worked the night prior to see if they had put my keys in their pockets. They located my car, but no keys! Waited an very long hour until they finally located my keys. Where were they? Well, they were wrapped around another person's keys. The people that worked at the Hyatt didn't believe me that they were my keys! My concern was what is this person checked out before me? My keys would have been lost for good! Horrible, horrible experience. No one even said they were sorry! Oh and when I asked for a 6:00 wake-up call, the call came in at 5:40! Really could have used those extra 20 minutes of sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Marcy E,
We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re very sorry that your experience did not meet expectations. Based on your feedback, we are addressing how this matter was handled with our valet company and taking the necessary steps to improve the service provided. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to further discuss. Tim Meyer, General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had our wedding guests stay here in 2006 and it was a GREAT place. It is very convenient for anything downtown. The rooms were nice, they kept the bar open an hour later than normal for us because we had so many people there, and the atrium is just cool.
The morning after, they hosted a brunch in the arcade which was really nice, too. About a year later, they sent us a gift card for a free night stay for our 1 yr which we took advantage of.
I don't know if I would have had my reception there, but having the guests stay there was very easy.

Room Tip: Request one high up enough so you have a view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Michael S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again during your next visit to Cleveland.
Erie, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends. Charming but dated. Great room service and comfy beds. Close to restaurants and the casino. Secure. In the arcade we enjoyed the chocolate bar martinis but not much else going on.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here by chance and was glad I did. From the personable valets to the many choices for entertainment and dining in the area this place rocks. The interior of this hotel is a throw back to days gone by.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I had to live in a hotel because my roommate had a cough. At this time, we are all afraid of flu.

About this Hyatt... It's really old. A lot of my friends don't know there's a Hyatt downtown because its hiding in an 120-year-old building on Euclid. There's nothing much about the hotel itself. Room is spacious and clean, and the bed is comfy. Everything's just old. I don't see why it's a 4-star hotel. It's probably one of the below average Hyatt hotels I stayed at. However, I got a rate of $55/night at Priceline. Nothing to complain about. If some friend come to C-Town, I'll probably recommend this hotel if it's this inexpensive. After all, there are not many nice hotels around town.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!