“Very nice hotel. Very cool old school interior.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay More, Save More
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very nice hotel. Very cool old school interior.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here by chance and was glad I did. From the personable valets to the many choices for entertainment and dining in the area this place rocks. The interior of this hotel is a throw back to days gone by.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I had to live in a hotel because my roommate had a cough. At this time, we are all afraid of flu.

About this Hyatt... It's really old. A lot of my friends don't know there's a Hyatt downtown because its hiding in an 120-year-old building on Euclid. There's nothing much about the hotel itself. Room is spacious and clean, and the bed is comfy. Everything's just old. I don't see why it's a 4-star hotel. It's probably one of the below average Hyatt hotels I stayed at. However, I got a rate of $55/night at Priceline. Nothing to complain about. If some friend come to C-Town, I'll probably recommend this hotel if it's this inexpensive. After all, there are not many nice hotels around town.

• Stayed January 2013
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

As Always it is a pleasure to stay at this Property, Iris, Fred, and Nora make the stay top notch. I appreciate it as it is nice to go back to a property and have that personal voice! Tim the new GM on board, haven't met him yet but I am sure I will at some point!

Room Tip: Arcade rooms are a must when traveling with a Wheelchair, the extra space allows movement within the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your response. I appreciate your long standing loyalty and look forward to meeting you in the near future. Please have the Front Desk call me the next time you check in.

Tim Meyer
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was very surprised upon arrival to the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade. The hotel is rated at four star which is not the case in my opinion. I would give it a three star at best. The room was small with no sitting area. The view was not as marketed and the staff was no where to be found. Had I not booked at a reduced rate through Priceline - I would have immediately asked for a refund and saught out a different hotel.

The one positive was the location. It was within walking distance to pretty much everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
KLMacQ,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel's convenient location but disappointed that your guest room did not meet expectations. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade again, and we
hope you’ll give us a second chance to welcome you back.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

While it is in lovely lcation, the historic "Arcade", and walking distance to all major attractions, it is not worth the money. The room was tiny and had no fridge or microwave. I stayed at the HI Express in July '12 and it had the same beautiful architecture (soaring celings, massive windows, hardwood floors) but the room was TWICE the size, included free breakfast, had cheaper parking and was in virtually the same location for walking to all arenas/venues. The Arcade is beautiful (although depressingly vacant) and is worth walking through, but you don't need to stay there. They really have to up their game to encourage any repeat clientele. Yes their lobby is prettier and the service was friendlier, but that is not nearly enough to make me chose it over the HI Express for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
iTravel67,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about our service and the friendliness of our team. We’re very sorry that your overall experience did not meet expectations and hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We love the proximity of this hotel to the Browns stadium, also to one of our favorite restaurants, Lola. We had an arcade view room, which overlooks the lobby that had a wedding the Saturday of our stay. The rooms could use some renovation, hence my 'very good' not 'excellent' rating. Housekeeping was on point. The self service check in at the main entrance was not working, that was a minor inconvenience. All told this is our first choice for lodging in downtown Cleveland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is in a very nice setting, but the hotel is not what I would consider a 4 star hotel. I have stayed in lower star hotels that were better. Our room must have been by a service elevator that we constantly heard going up and down all night long. The staff could be heard joking it up in the utility room when were were trying to sleep. The noise outside was annoying as well. The check in process was neat. We checked in at a kiosk and checked out at the same kiosk. We never spoke with the front desk ( I don't even know if they have one).

The hotel obviously takes great efforts to maximize profits. You can buy a luke warm bottle of water in your room for only $4 or you can walk down the hall and get one for $1.25. I thought the food prices were very high.

The bathtub had rust stains in it (at least I hope it was rust). The beds are small and rock hard. The chair in the room was worn down and the TV took forever to switch channels. You can get wifi in your room for only $9.95 for a slow connection or $14.95 for a faster connection. Oh and there is zero parking owned by the hotel and the hotel's information listed for parking was less than helpful.

Next time I plan on spending a night away in a hotel I will find a different hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Mike W,
We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re very sorry that your experience at our Hotel did not meet expectations. Based on your feedback, we are inspecting our guest rooms and addressing the items that you brought to our attention. Thank you again and we hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!