“Yet Another CCF stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
michigan
“Yet Another CCF stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

As Always it is a pleasure to stay at this Property, Iris, Fred, and Nora make the stay top notch. I appreciate it as it is nice to go back to a property and have that personal voice! Tim the new GM on board, haven't met him yet but I am sure I will at some point!

Room Tip: Arcade rooms are a must when traveling with a Wheelchair, the extra space allows movement within the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your response. I appreciate your long standing loyalty and look forward to meeting you in the near future. Please have the Front Desk call me the next time you check in.

Tim Meyer

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was very surprised upon arrival to the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade. The hotel is rated at four star which is not the case in my opinion. I would give it a three star at best. The room was small with no sitting area. The view was not as marketed and the staff was no where to be found. Had I not booked at a reduced rate through Priceline - I would have immediately asked for a refund and saught out a different hotel.

The one positive was the location. It was within walking distance to pretty much everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
KLMacQ,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our Hotel's convenient location but disappointed that your guest room did not meet expectations. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade again, and we
hope you’ll give us a second chance to welcome you back.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

While it is in lovely lcation, the historic "Arcade", and walking distance to all major attractions, it is not worth the money. The room was tiny and had no fridge or microwave. I stayed at the HI Express in July '12 and it had the same beautiful architecture (soaring celings, massive windows, hardwood floors) but the room was TWICE the size, included free breakfast, had cheaper parking and was in virtually the same location for walking to all arenas/venues. The Arcade is beautiful (although depressingly vacant) and is worth walking through, but you don't need to stay there. They really have to up their game to encourage any repeat clientele. Yes their lobby is prettier and the service was friendlier, but that is not nearly enough to make me chose it over the HI Express for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
iTravel67,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about our service and the friendliness of our team. We’re very sorry that your overall experience did not meet expectations and hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We love the proximity of this hotel to the Browns stadium, also to one of our favorite restaurants, Lola. We had an arcade view room, which overlooks the lobby that had a wedding the Saturday of our stay. The rooms could use some renovation, hence my 'very good' not 'excellent' rating. Housekeeping was on point. The self service check in at the main entrance was not working, that was a minor inconvenience. All told this is our first choice for lodging in downtown Cleveland.

Lakewood, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is in a very nice setting, but the hotel is not what I would consider a 4 star hotel. I have stayed in lower star hotels that were better. Our room must have been by a service elevator that we constantly heard going up and down all night long. The staff could be heard joking it up in the utility room when were were trying to sleep. The noise outside was annoying as well. The check in process was neat. We checked in at a kiosk and checked out at the same kiosk. We never spoke with the front desk ( I don't even know if they have one).

The hotel obviously takes great efforts to maximize profits. You can buy a luke warm bottle of water in your room for only $4 or you can walk down the hall and get one for $1.25. I thought the food prices were very high.

The bathtub had rust stains in it (at least I hope it was rust). The beds are small and rock hard. The chair in the room was worn down and the TV took forever to switch channels. You can get wifi in your room for only $9.95 for a slow connection or $14.95 for a faster connection. Oh and there is zero parking owned by the hotel and the hotel's information listed for parking was less than helpful.

Next time I plan on spending a night away in a hotel I will find a different hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Mike W,
We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re very sorry that your experience at our Hotel did not meet expectations. Based on your feedback, we are inspecting our guest rooms and addressing the items that you brought to our attention. Thank you again and we hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here solo for a week on a biz trip last month. It was within walking distance to everything. I wish I had known that and not rented a car :)

I was in a corner room, not one of the ones facing the atrium. It was modern and beautiful. The bathrooms are just ok, not great or anything but they were clean and adequate. The toiletries are really stinky. They have a really strong floral scent which I find really gross, so you may want to bring your own, or walk down to the CVS store and buy some. There are lots of things to do in this area, so bring good shoes to walk in. The hotel has a restaurant which I ate in several times with a colleague. I found it very expensive.

I LOVE the Fitness Center at this hotel! It was so nice, there are plenty of treadmills, and some things you don't always find in a typical fitness center -- kettle bells, stability balls, foam rollers, mats and nautulius type machines. They had a decent set of hand weights as well. Oh, they also have a fridge with COLD TOWELS! YES!! Filtered water is available as are headphones. Oh, and get this--- the hotel has Garmin Forerunner GPS running watches available to borrow! That's the first time I have seen that before, super nice, but I had brought my own. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Somerville, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We booked here last minute on a road trip from Boston to Minneapolis after scoring a great rate on Hotwire. The staff was very accommodating and recommended a great nearby restaurant. The room had beautiful high ceilings and a very comfortable king bed. Some online reviews complained about the condition of the rooms but ours was great.

Room Tip: There was a company Christmas party the night we stayed and I get the feeling it was very loud for t...
GreenTravelerMA,
Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re so happy that you had an enjoyable experience at our Hotel during your recent visit to Cleveland. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!