“...and now for something completely different!” 4 of 5 stars

Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #22 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“...and now for something completely different!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

First impression was 'wow', It is cool to stay in a hotel that was built into an open area arcade. I usually stay at the Ritz nearby, but was attending a conference at this location so decided to stay here for convenience. A very classy hotel that is nearby several restaurants and nightspots. On the downside, the valet was very slow with the car and it was a bid odd coming back at night through the rear door, which has no visible security (but card key is required). Valet was slow, but overall a very good experience. It is a short (5 min.) walk to/from the RTA, although not as convenient as the hotels located right within the Tower City Center that you can get to without going outside (such as the Ritz).

Room Tip: A corner room has a better layout

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had my personal property stolen from me which I then later found inside a maids cart. I attempted to make someone aware of this situation but was dismissed. I appear to be much younger than I actually am and because of this I am somewhat used to poor service but this has to be the worst hotel experience of my life. I have done a great deal of traveling in my life and have stayed at 5 star hotels and I have also stayed at 1 star motels in the middle of Appalachian Kentucky that costs $19.99 a night when I had to have my vehicle emergency repaired. For me to say this was the worst experience means it was in fact a horrendous experience. My room had used feminine products in the trashcan and there was literally a pile of french-fries on the floor. I stayed in one of the supposedly top rooms in the hotel, if this is the case then I would suggest not staying here and finding another hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ONLY STAY HERE IF they give you a room with a view outside of the building, on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Ryan M,
We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your missing item. Upon further investigation we found that our associate discovered your item in the guest room after your departure and was in the process of bringing it to our lost and found department. Thank you as well for sharing your feedback about the cleanliness of your room. Our guest's comfort is a top priority for us and this is not the level of service that we strive for. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade again, and we hope you’ll give us a second chance to welcome you back.
Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you would like to further discuss.
Tim Meyer
On The Road
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was only going to be in town one night, and against my better judgement about staying downtown, I chose to do so anyway.

I am a business traveler, so strike number one is $9.95 for basic internet access. In today's market of doing more with less - $10 for internet access is $10 out of my travel budget that could be used for....anything else.

On to strike two.... parking. Yes, it is a downtown hotel - but a total of $30 for less than 24 hours of parking is absolutely ridiculous! The parking garage IS NOT connected to the hotel, so you have to exit the parking garage on to the street and to the hotel next door.

Finally strike 3 - my room WAS NOT on the atrium, it was down a hallway at the end of the building and I could STILL hear the activity in the atrium with my door closed - not to mention that my room faced the parking garage and there was some sort of concert going on nearby and the volume was unbearable - it took me over two hours to fall asleep.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful - nothing else like it in the city, that's for sure. However, the rooms are dated, the bathrooms look like they are out of the 1980's, and the overall decor isn't current enough to justify the premium price being charged for this inconvenient downtown property.

According to the signs in the lobby the restaurant doesn't serve dinner on Fridays.

The vacant retail locations on the lower level and 1st floor floor of the building is far from what one would expect from a high end hotel property.

Large full service hotels, for the most part, have passed their day of being destination properties.

The hotel is beautiful, and it holds a lot of opportunity - but I don't think the property is being managed in such a way allows the property to live up to its potential. Anytime a hotel shares the property with a larger public space, it is difficult to provide the hotel's best image to every individual walking through the front door.... so bell services and valet employees have to greet every guest that walks through the door.

I parked my vehicle and entered the property WITH my bags and yet wasn't greeted by any of the employees in front of the hotel. There is a lot of room for improvement at this property in regard to hospitality, even the basics!

Would I stay here again... possibly due to the very convenient location, but not until the hotel does some updates in the guest rooms.

To sum things up, IF I had purchased internet access.... I would have spent $40.00 just on parking and internet.

Room Tip: If my room away from the atrium was loud... I can't imagine how loud rooms that are in the atriu...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for a recent business trip for several nights and if I had to do it again, I'd go down the street at the DoubleTree where some friends stayed.

The Hyatt has charm and it is nice to have the shops and restaurants in a mall setting inside the hotel. However, when I stay for business, I really like a nice room but the rooms here are badly in need of a make over. Yellow/tan blah everywhere including the poor lighting. Very weak bathroom with 1980's tile and old nasty calking. Certainly not a tub you'd want to soak in.

The saving grace for me was the staff was more than attentive and the in room breakfast was excellent. I love a good veggy omelet in the morning and the ones I had here were stellar.

I hate to slam the hotel, especially my beloved Hyatt brand, but if you're staying downtown, go either DoubleTree or the Marriott. The latter is very modern, clean and has a great bar/restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt regency arcade at Cleveland for 2 nights over Monday and Tuesday
The place is charming and unique in its architecture. It is like you go back to he 19th century.very high ceilings, maybe 12ft.
The staff is friendly and accommodating.
It is located in the centre of everything I needed. The new Horseshoe casino, the 4th street, which is full of restaurants, rock n roll hall of fame, the baseball arena.
I stayed at the sixth floor of one of the towers. Even so I did not spend much time in the room, the room was very nice, unexpectedly well up kept.
There is an overall feeling that some of the components are a bit tired and not modern, however maybe it is just part of the heritage, it is also a bit dark.
The indoor galleria is a huge open space with a few shops, small food court, and a post office. The shops are really not contributing to the overall charm of the place. Feels that they are not related to the hotel and out of place.
I had breakfast at the hotels restaurant, it was not a buffet but full service. Served very well and surprisingly not expensive!!

Overalls, great location, very good service, very accommodating staff, very good value for money. Con: Might need some paint job in rooms and brighter lighting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower facing the lake Or if you like the heritage arcade experience, it seems...
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This must be an old train station. Like a huge echo chamber with VERY poor sound proofing and a big wedding on the first floor. Very noisey and annoying .
Will not stay here again. Nearby Marriott much better.

• Stayed October 2012
Crested Butte, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Very cool building - the Arcade is historic and looks like it's out if the 20's. Rooms in the Arcade side are old storefronts or appear to be. Very cool, perfect location, and reasonable. The bar however is completely dead, very quiet, and had a horribly loud refrigerator. They sell tiny martinis for $12. So, stay here but go to the casino down the street!

• Stayed October 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!