“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have even been to. It is built upon the first indoor market in US. The service at the hotel was top notch. When staying in downtown Cleveland this hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I cannot recommend the Hyatt @ the Arcade enough. Travelling with children has it moments and when we checked in we were having one. My daughter had just been stung by a bee (@ the aquarium) and we needed to check in, find a drug store, and tend to her all at the same time. Suprina at the front desk understood that we were overwhelmed. She asked if we minded a wedding in the arcade on Saturday, I was unsure and she quickly was able to move us to a room on the 8th floor. Our room was clean, well air-conditioned, and quiet. After 2 hours of ice an pain relievers we were able to make it out for a quick bite to eat. When we returned, Suprina sent up a sweet note with milk and chocolate chip cookies to help make the start of our trip better. Better indeed! The bell hop helped my husband find the drug store. The arcade is beautiful. The hotel is in a great location, near the Rock and Roll, Science Museum, family friendly restaurants, and 10 minute drive to the zoo.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

It has been a year since I stayed there, so my review is not up to date, but I'll be in Cleveland one day towards the end of August so I am thinking of staying there again. Now downtown Cleveland is not everyone's idea of a vacation destination, but it once was a great city, and the Arcade in which this hotel is located is one of the great relics of the city's golden age. The Hyatt compny deserves much credit for putting a first-rate hotel there. Also it is just steps away from a great restaurant district on E 4th Street, and there is much of interest to see within a few blocks, like the Civil War memorial, the public library and the Terminal building. The local business environment is a bit dispiriting, with many vacant premises when I was there, but there remain magnificent buildings from an earlier age. I felt no apprehension walking around in the evening.

The service at the hotel was first rate and the quality of accomodation was high for the price I paid (probably via some deal on Priceline). I recall having a wonderful two days in Cleveland when I stayed there and I would do so again.

Stayed September 2011
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary with a pub crawl on Cleveland's vibrant E. Fourth Street followed by a show at the Allen Theater. The Hyatt is a perfect location for this. We walked across the street and were at E. 4th. Playhouse Square was a five minute walk.
Our room was clean and comfortable.
Having been at the Hyatt at the Arcade numerous times, including our daughter's wedding, we have never gotten tired of the ambience of the Arcade. It is an architectural gem that is a must see for any out of town visitor to Cleveland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with arcad view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I come to Cleveland every year for the Annual "Drum Fantasy Camp" which is held at the Hyatt so it makes sense to stay there. Every year I get a bad room usually near an elevator or next to a large AC compressor. Usually I get a deal on the room because I get a package deal. This year I decided to pay the rack rate in hopes that I would get a better room. I did get a quieter room facing the front of the hotel, but this was a smoking room that probably has never been renovated. The room stinks badly, the carpet sucks, and the wallpaper is in bad shape. The beds where not too bad. I got nothing I asked for- i.e... High floor, king bed.
When I asked the person at the front desk if they could change the room all I got was a well-rehearsed routine stating, "The hotel is full" "were sorry". Sorry. I paid $250 a night for a room that I would expect at Motel 6. All I can do is post my review here, tell all of my friends and never stay at any Hyatt around the country. They all must be like this. Also next year I'll just stay at the Marriott. I've stayed there before and their standards seem to be higher to the point you actually feel you’re getting what you’re paying for. If you’re reading this and think it’s harsh, read a few more reviews and book yourself a room. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The good: The Cleveland Arcade is a beautiful historic building. The location of the hotel is perfect - close to all kinds of restaurants and bars on 4th Street, easy walking distance to the casino and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Our room was spacious, clean and the beds were comfortable.

The bad: When we checked in, the room we were initially given keys for was already occupied. No one was actually in the room at the time but the bathroom was full of someone else's cosmetics and there were clothes, bags and shoes in the room. I had to go back to the front desk to get keys to a new room but this was obviously disturbing. If we were given keys for a room already occupied by someone else, it stands to reason strangers could be given keys to our room. Makes you think twice about what you leave in your room unattended.

I was also unimpressed with the hotel's wireless. It costs $10 a day and during my stay, the access site wasn't working so I had to call a support desk, be put on hold and wait (and wait and wait) to get an access code. It's inconvenient and considering you have to pay for wireless, they could at least make signing on easy.

The noisy: On Saturday night, there was very loud yelling and shrieking and singing on our floor, all after 10pm. I understand the hotel can't be held responsible for noisy guests. However, I called the front desk twice to request that security be sent up to address the situation. After two calls, the noise still continued. That suggests more effective security is required - I shouldn't have to make more than one call to get some peace and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hiram, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband & I booked a room for a night on the town to celebrate our anniversary & the Hyatt seemed like the perfect central location! Granted our stay was for only one night but in that entire time I saw a total of 2 employees, the gentleman who parked our car & the check-in clerk! I could understand if we were there during a January blizzard but it was a Sat night in the middle of summer! That coupled with the deserted & closed up Arcade just outside our door, the whole ambiance was just a little creepy!

Our room was clean but nothing to write home about! Everything was in working order and the bed was perfectly comfortable! There is no atrium when you enter the building & you actually have to go up to the 2nd floor to check in! The hotel just lacks that warm & welcoming charm that you would expect when staying in the middle of an exciting city! So if you're looking for privacy, this is the place and you can't beat the location for Cleveland's nightlife! Just don't expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!