We stayed at the hotel for one night, we booked our room thru Hotwire (not knowing exactly where we would end up at the time of booking) and paid 85 EUR for our room. This review is based partly on the price we paid, the normal rates are probably much higher so it is up to you to decide if the stay is worth the cost.
First of all, the location is pretty much perfect. All the major downtown attractions are a short walk away and the hotel itself is situated in a beautiful, historic, newly renovated building (actually one of the first arcades in the US!). The rooms were in immaculate condition, very spacious, comfortable beds, large lcd tv and so forth.
However, as is often the case with the more upscale hotels, all the normal extras you would expect to be included in the room price (especially when these are normally included even in motels) weren't. For example, wifi is available but only for an extra cost. There were water bottles (that are often complimentary) in the room, but the Hyatt had priced these at $4. Breakfast not included as well, but this pretty standard in most US hotels.
The service at the front desk was attentive. The hotel offers valet parking for $22 per day (with in/out privileges), you can also self-park next door (without the in/out privileges according to the staff) for $20.
So, the evaluation of this hotel depends completely on how much you pay for your stay (and how much that affects your overall budget). With the price we paid, the value was very good considering the excellent location and the overall level of the hotel and the room. Nothing spectacular, but very good.
However, as the normal rate is much higher than this (up to 2-3 times the price we paid), I would expect something more. And having to pay separately for every little thing that is pretty much standard nowadays is a (minor) turn-off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in an elegant National Historic Landmark Building, the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. A total of 293 guest rooms including 4 suites. 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space including 4 executive boardrooms, 5 banquet rooms, and 4800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890, a contemporary restaruant and lounge, seats 210 open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fully equipped Fitness Center. The Hyatt Regency Cleveland is within walking distance of the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, East 4th Street entertainment district, Cleveland Clinic, The Warehouse District and Theater District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio