“Good but not Great” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles
“Good but not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property for three nights attending several events in the Cleveland area. On the weekdays, this downtown location is very nice with various shops and restaurants open for business. Weekends are a different story with most being closed as might be expected in a downtown location. The Arcade area is certainly intriguing but not worth much in terms of shopping or dining but for a few places (though the Brass Tack shoe repair shop saved the day!). The best dining is across the street where you can visit some fine restaurants. We enjoyed Lola's very much and it is recommended. The hotel does host wedding receptions in the open Arcade area and our Saturday night stay was very noisy up until about 11PM and even a little after. I noted in a visit to the front desk on Saturday that a flyer was available for those checking in to advise guests they could select a room in the tower portion of the hotel because of the expected noise. We were not advised of the party when we checked in but not sure we would have moved. The noise was certainly noticeable but not overwhelming. Having stayed at many Hyatts, this property does not have the higher level of service I have seen at other properties. Everything is good but, as others have stated, the property is an average one in terms of service and decor. Nothing particularly bad and nothing particularly great. Rates were good and our stay was good. One tip: if you valet, give yourself more than the 15 minutes they say you may have to wait as the wait can be longer when busy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip. This is a very unique, historic hotel right in the heart of downtown. I was pleasantly surprised. Although the building is old, the rooms are up to date and modern. My view from the 2nd floor wasn't good (parking garage and I could hear people talking outside my window), but other than that I enjoyed my stay. There is a nice fitness facility that I used both nights. I also ate breakfast one morning at the 1890 restaurant. Eggs, bacon, fruit, coffee and toast were all very good. The staff was very friendly and prompt. They signed me up for the Hyatt loyaly program and gave me late checkout privileges on the spot (although I did not use it... it was nice to have in case I did need it). I will stay there again, although I will probably request a higher floor next time.

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors and away from the parking garage.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We spent one night at the Hyatt at The Arcade during a recent trip to Cleveland for the Rock and Roll Hall 2012 Induction Ceremony. The hotel was very near to the Public Hall and within walking distance of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The parking was valet only for $22 per night with attentive and polite attendants. There are car parks close to the hotel, so you could self-park if you so desired. You take an elevator (or stairs if you're not carrying luggage) to the lobby. Check-in was slow as there was only one clerk; however, we arrived 3 hours before the 3:00 check-in, so I understood the wait. Our room was on the 4th floor of the Arcade and we were advised that there was a wedding that night and there would be music from 4-11. Not a big deal for us, but something to note. The room itself could have used more lighting in the desk area. The room was stocked with the usual soap, shampoo, etc. but also had a small tube of toothpaste which was a nice touch. The rooms also had two bottles for Aquafina water at $4 per bottle. I don't understand charging for water, especially since none of the stores in Cleveland seem to be open on the weekend. The hotel lobby has a coffee bar serving Starbucks and other beverages, but it was closed when we tried to grab a coffee around 2:00 on Saturday afternoon. After the concert, we were on the search for food, but no restaurants were open (except for Guys Pizza which were overrun with concertgoers). The bed was very comfortable and I slept well until an alarm went off in the hotel around 5:30AM. There was only one alarm, I waited but there were no others, so I went back to bed. Check-out was easy but the valet took a long time to bring our car because our keys were mislabeled. That concerned me. The room was good, the location excellent for what we had planned, but the Hyatt could work on their amenities and services.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pegram, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Was booked here on business and was close to the Public Hall where I was working for a week. The best thing here is the staff, and the reason it gets a very good instead of average. Even the girl at the front desk when I came in from work every night at 1p or later was super-nice and pleasant when I needed a question answered, a wake up call or whatever. Check in was easy and I was allowed to check in early without a problem. The building is beautiful architecturally, but old, very spread out, and weathered. The arcade is kind of like a ghost town mall. The floor in my room was uneven and creaked when you walked through it. It was a really old room that they tried to dress up, but still a with a 27 inch tube tv, stained carpet, and threadbare towels, just fell short. King bed was comfy, though. Close to some great restaurants and nightlife right out the back door. So, if you for some reason you need to be in the downtown Cleveland area, you could do worse. Bring the facilities up to the level of your staff and it will be a don't miss.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Really can't say anything bad about the Hyatt. I got it for 75 bucks a night through Priceline name your own price. The hotel is located in the old Cleveland Arcade building. A gorgeous building with lots of history. The Hyatt is located right next to all the awesome 4th street restaurants and only a short 5 minute walk to the Q arena. Bathroom was clean, shower was big with lots of hot water and pressure. Bed is very comfortable. Valet parking is available for 22 bucks per night. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
HRCleveland, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
dpzguy,

Thank you for the great feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The building itself is beautiful. The location is excellent for Cleveland. Walking distance to many of Cleveland's bars & restaurants, sports venues and the R&R Hall of Fame. The staff were outstanding. Treated us very well and made us feel like VIPs. The hotel bar is a great spot for a quiet pint, and the restaurant is very good, if pricey.
The room was nice. Comfy bed and at least 14 foot ceilings. A flat panel TV would have been nice, but that's nitpicking a little. And the valet parking at $22 per day is pretty steep.
All in all, just a very, very good experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ozzy1727,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to Cleveland. The uniqueness of our Arcade is something that we are very proud of. I hope you had a chance to sample some of our local beers in the lounge during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Cleveland Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've never understood why this isn't the best hotel on the planet. The location has access to everything for a tremendous evening. The rooms are big and comfortable. The people that run the place are always nice. The inside of the arcade is so beautiful.

I don't write glowing reviews for things very often but this place has been a favorite to stay for years. The bar is decent and I love waking up and walking the old Arcade for coffee in the morning. So you have a chance to see some architectural history in a comfy local. Don't ruin the great value by booking this solid but for anyone considering a stay in Cleveland I completely recommend this spot.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TheKeeneGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Been to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade? Share your experiences!