“Nice room, great staff, good night's sleep.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice room, great staff, good night's sleep.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We booked this hotel room on Priceline, so were delighted when they honored our request and gave us a non-smoking room. The room was comfortably furnished, and we even had a sofa! The bathroom was clean and classy. We were encouraged to eat at "Nana's" the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel. We thought the prices, especially for breakfast, were not good value - so looked elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Manxbabe81,
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your room. I will pass your comments about our restaurant prices to our F&B manager to review. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed with a friend for a symposium in Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport for last weekend (2 nights) in room 305, the room had a peculiar smell and was very humid/damp. Due to busy schedule and returning to rooms late night we did not bother to check for the rashes on my hand that appeared on 2nd day when I realized that I was bit by bed bugs. And unfortunately they have traveled home with me.
Very Disappointed by the stay at this place.

Room Tip: Check for the Bed Bugs
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear NavkiranK,
I am so sorry that you had such a bad stay with us. Unfortunatly bed bugs are a part of the hospitality and airline industry. Bed bugs are so easily transfered since they can live without food for over a month that it does not mater how clean you are. Since they can spread so easiely we have a professional company that deals with any room that has been questioned. I am so sorry that you had to have this horrible experience.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just recently moved and decided to do a weekend getaway. This facility has not been updated in a very long time. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. However, the walls are yellow wallpaper with dark green carpet. Looks like it is right out of the 70's. I can handle that but our room windows were frosted so to speak. The walls had stains with age. The cloth shower curtain had holes in it larger than a quarter. The pillows... don't even start me on the pillows. You get 4 pilllows that are the size of a throw pillow on a king size bed. We were really looking forward to getting away and staying somewhere decent. I was highly dissapointed. I've stayed at cheaper, nicer 2 star hotels. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone until they do some renovations.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money... you'll be happy you did
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear ChurchS,
I am so sorry that you did not have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend getaway. We are an older property and are awaiting renovations. Our ownership is going to be doing renovations starting this year. I hope that you give us a try after our renovations so we can show you a great time!
Gainesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The front desk staff was excellent! Very friendly...I felt awful to have to complain to her. The room was very neat, but there were spots on the linen.It did not look clean. I am sure the linen was laundered, but perhaps the spots did not come out in the wash. There were a few other issues, I will just say if you choose to stay here, check the sheets and covers very closely. There was a bug on my bed...i took a picture and called the front desk.I chose to checkout and go to another facility.The front desk staff tried to do everything to accommodate me. They were excellent. I just could not stay. Here is a word of caution...I am a bit of a hotel snob..so it may be of for some people, just not for me

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Toastma,
I apologize for the discomfort of your recent stay with us. I have passed your comments along to both my maintenance and housekeeping departments. Our manangement company has just ordered new linens for the guest rooms. I hope that you give us another try next time you are in Cleveland.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed Saturday night. Hotel was busy with a wedding and convention. Check in and out was smooth. Employees located and brought luggage cart to us, and responded quickly when noisy partying guests awoke us in the middle of the night. Completely unimpressed with restaurant both at dinner and breakfast, but service and accommodations are great for the price and location of this hotel. Pool is large and clean. The room was spotless and recently remodeled. Several good restaurants very close and a convenient location to north-south travelers.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the great comment!
HAMMOND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was researching places to stop overnight on our way to upstate New York - found this HI for 5000 reward points - left a day later so I decided to wing it because I did not know where we'd be when it was time to stop. Found property easily from freeway. Used computer in lobby to make my reservation but now 10,000 points - still free for me. Asked for 1st floor room with fridge for diabetic husband. Gentleman at desk was professional and personable - granted both requests.
Room was decent - it is an older building and decor is worn. Bedding was new and clean. We ate dinner in the Italian restaurant and they even made shrimp fettucine alfredo for my husband even though it's not on the menu! Received a 20% off breakfast coupon but did not use. Made coffee in the room and stopped for gas next door and bought Subway sandwiches to eat on the road. Saw the indoor pool but did not use. Room had flat screen TV and office chair and upholstered chair beside the 2 beds we requested. Checkout and quick and the best part - no charge! Even though it's close to the airport, I did not notice any plane noise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Janet K,
Thank you for such a great review! I have passed your comments along to all the departments so everyone can get the "pat on the back" they deserve! I hope the next time you travel through you choose our location. Thanks!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Ok hotel for the price!! It was good for a stopping ground on our way to New York!!!!! Very easy access on and off the interstate! There is nothing near to be able to do anything. I was sort of disappointed! Our room was facing a group of houses. We could literally see in someone's house.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Kathleen K,
I am glad we were a good fit for the night. We are centrally located to all the major highways making us a great stopping location durring trips! We are located in a neighborhood community but we do have shopping, and dinning just minutes away. Thank you for your review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
#26 of 35 in Cleveland
3.5 of 5 stars 73 reviews
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!