“Staff Exceptional - Restaurant pretty darn good” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Rainbow City, AL
“Staff Exceptional - Restaurant pretty darn good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

What set this HI apart from many others was staff. From the phone call for airport pickup to check out the staff here was really great. Restaurant food was much better than average HI experiences.
Hotel was clean and comfortable

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Karen K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Seesalrun,
Thank you for your recent comments. I am so happy that the staff was exceptional and the food was good! We strive hard for excellence so its great to hear we are on the right track! The staff greatly appreciated your comments also! We look forward to having you as a guest again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Being a rad warrior and multiple hotel chain platinum and diamond member, I thin k I can say that this hotel can not possibly score more than average, despite the signs in the hotel that say if we don't score a 10 contact the staff. Housekeeping does not replenish towels on a daily basis and your bedding is not replenished during your entire stay. I don't think the hotel knows that there are kings size pillow that go with a king bed. The pillows are like cheap flea market pillows. Your are most certainly not paying for a budget hotel, but most certainly staying in budget level accommodation. The hotel needs a revamp, not just the property, but the staff too (although friendly, they need some training in hsopilality). If you are a business traveler, and you need internet access, then bring your own hotspot. The internet is not just bad, it is non-existent. I can guarantee that the hotel will comment on my review as they do on all the others, but this is merely lip service. I chose this hotel for it's location, despite the previous bad reviews and in the hope that the hotel was really making an effort to improve. I would not hold my breath.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear C599299,
I have read your comments about our hotel, I agree that some of your comments are valid. We are truly working on making this a great hotel. We have recently changed management companies and are detailing out renovations. We actually have a technician out today to fix our internet issues. I am sorry that the staff was not up to par. All your comments are helpful to us to see what we need to do to better serve our guests.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a nice budge hotel. The staff was very nice. The restaurant had ok food but the staff very friendly. My only issue was they have a smoking floor with smoking rooms. But that is ok given the cost and the fact that it didn't smell like smokers so much

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This has to be the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. The wallpaper is peeling and bubbling from the walls. The carpet is old and dingy. Everything about the place screams that it is badly in need of renovations. But the worst thing was when I went to take a shower, the tub had obviously not been cleaned. There was dirt and hair everywhere. If housekeeping couldn't be bothered to clean the tub, why should I or anyone else assume they've cleaned anything else in the room? I took pictures to show the front desk, and they moved me to a different room. Still dingy and old, but at least outwardly it appeared cleaner. Still found stray hairs everywhere. The front desk also told me that no manager was on duty, but they would be sure to let the housekeeping staff and manager know and that the manager would contact me. Never heard anything else. The hotel also does a poor job of snow removal during the winter. And the room itself was dry and stuffy. Finally, if you look at the reviews on their own website, they frequently respond that they will use the comments to improve these issues. I wouldn't count on it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Maritza N,

We noticed your review regarding the Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport. We are reaching out to you on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG, representing the Holiday Inn brand. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We'd like to obtain additional detail about your experience, but unfortunately due to site restrictions we are unable to reach you privately. Please contact the General Manager at the phone number listed on our hotel's home page.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare Case Manager
Reference # 49416454
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Nice hotel for a nice price. The front staff was very friendly. Needs updating but room was clean and beds were comfortable. Pool was warm but could use a cleaning. Attached bar was a nice accommodation. Will stay again. .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Karen K, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All our reviews help us to improve. I am so glad to hear that the staff was friendly! I will let them know! Also I have passed your comments to the housekeeping manager so she can get the pool area cleaned up. We look forward to having you as a guest again!
Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Like any airport hotel, there is a general abuse that happens and updating a location such as this is a choice - go low cost and count on location or go strongly upscale. This misses the mark on both and ranks as a hotel much below the brand and the price paid. Chief challenges, especially for the business traveler, very slow internet, poor fitness facility, heating cooling units that run all the time or not at all (you are either hot or cold no in between) and a restaurant with limited hours. I've read the other reviews, i generally find some of the same issue so i don't need to go on about this. Other nearby locations to the airport do a better job, so go there until this place gets a face lift.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near elevators and doors. cold drafts and the elevators are old and very noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Karen K, Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
I want to thank you for your comments. I will be passing them along to all department heads. I am sorry you had so many issues while you stayed with us. We are currently working on our internet to bring it up to speed. Also our ownership is telling us we will be doing renovations soon! I hope the next time you visit Cleveland you stay with us again and we can deliver a better experience.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Got a nice rate for the hotel, and the room was comfortable enough and clean. The place could use some modernizing, but what was most concerning were the prominent signs clearly indicating that you and your property could be easily separated, if you get my drift. I understand this is something that could occur at any hotel, but I couldn't help but take note that the appraisal of it here was a bit more prominent than at most places I've stayed. Great staff. Don't leave anything in your parked car, and you'll do fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Jack Z,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. It is good to know that the room you were given was comfortable for your needs and you found our staff to be friendly. I have taken note of your additional comments and this shall be used for improvements in our efforts.

We hope that the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!