“Good for a Quick Stop Over” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Rochester, New York
“Good for a Quick Stop Over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport is a good hotel for an overnight stay, when passing through Cleveland. It is located near the main Cleveland airport on the southwest side. Perfect for travelers needing a room for the night. There are pros and cons for the Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport. The best part of this hotel is the pricing, especially when compared to the other IHG hotels in the area. The reason for the lower pricing is the lack of a continental breakfast and the condition of the hotel. The Hotel is a bit outdated and could use makeover, including the lighting and interior design. The positives and negatives cancel each other out and makes this hotel alright. Overall, the Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport is a good hotel for a quick stop over.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pamela C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We are an older hotel and we anticipate a renovation in the next year because out hallways and lighting are outdated. I am pleased that you received a good value for your stay; our full service amenities and the friendliness of our staff makes guests feel very comfortable.

We hope to see you again - soon!

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The positive: friendly staff, clean rooms, okay restaurant for lunch and dinner. The negative: lots of dark going-on-dingy carpeting, a really, really small breakfast buffet, slow elevators. I stayed at the hotel for eight nights while attending an event at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pamela C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We pride ourselves on our friendly, helpful staff - thank you for remarking on this!

The hotel is old and is indeed in need of refurbishing - including older carpets and elevators. The housekeeping staff is excellent at keeping this hotel clean; thank you for mentioning how clean the hotel is!
Our breakfast is a normal continental, and I will let the restaurant know you think it should be expanded.
We look forward to having you return to us soon!
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This property is one of the worse Holiday Inn properties I have ever been to. It is a very old building that is not very well maintained. The hallways could be used in a horror film. The color and lighting are just awful.
The room I had was huge, but with an open closet design and a very small bathroom considering the room size. The wall had a bad patch job and the entire room could have used a complete make over. Even though the airport is a couple of miles away, the windows are so thin you can still hear airplane noise.
The staff was great, but they can not make up for the building!

Room Tip: Not sure there are any
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry your stay with us was so dismal. We are an old hotel that will undergo renovations soon. Given our older furnishings, we strive to maintain cleanliness and upkeep to our furniture, rooms, etc. Please know that your response to us is taken seriously. I will let maintenance know that you have noted a '"bad patch".
Our bathrooms are standard for most hotels, I am sorry to say since you consider them to be too small.
We will continue to be friendly and helpful and continue to do so even after renovations.
Dothan, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I came for the Indians & Rays game. Most of the staff was very nice! I am not impressed w/the rooms. They were outdated. When I arrived I noticed my sheets had either blood or rust stains. Either way not acceptable. The front desk did change the sheets however how is this quality work in the first place?My bed was very uncomfortable!

I got stuck in a smoking room and couldn't be moved. I booked on Priceline and had my plane and hotel together, it was a great deal. So I lived with it. Thats on me.

The check out is 12pm they knocked on my door at 10am, 11:15am I said I would be gone by 12. Again knocked on my door at 11:30, 11:45, & 11:52. I left at 11:55. My main complaint is this is not Holiday Inn standards, it not even the Staybridge standards, furthermore it's not the IGH

I did love that the RTA was right across the street. Easy way to get downtown and not having to rent a car. The shuttle to the airport was appreciated.

Nana's was really good! The pasta bar was really good. Would highly recommend eating here. The regular menu items were kind of pricy.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again. I would pick another hotel close to the RTA.

• Stayed October 2013
I am very sorry that you were not impressed with our hotel. We are old, and we plan to renovate soon. We have a friendly, terrific staff and we are pleased with the restaurant and menu options.
That you were continually bothered by housekeeping knocking on your door is not good and is unusual; I will certainly look into what happened.
Priceline does not designate smoking or non-smoking, and that does make for an uncomfortable realization when a non-smoker gets booked into a smoking room. In a sell out situation, which you experienced, we have no non-smoking rooms to offer.
our location near the airport and RTA is a great plus for those who want to visit the downtown area and choose to stay in the suburbs.
Thank you for your review.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night in the beginning of September. We were in town for the home opening game of the Cleveland Browns. There was also a home Cleveland Indians game the same weekend, so staying downtown was not an option.
This Holiday Inn was an average hotel located right near the airport and the public transportation for Cleveland. If we were staying more than one night, we would have taken the train into downtown for the game.
The room was of average size and cleanliness. My only complaint was the noise. I could clearly hear the guests next door. The view from the window was of a rundown area. So that made me wonder how safe the hotel and parking lot really was. There was also no fridge or microwave in the room.
We would stay at this location again for one night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear ladybugg325,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is pleasing to know that our location was convenient and our room accommodations met your expectations. I apologize for the noise levels that were a disappointment. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Aiken, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this hotel through PSA for the Senior Olympics in Cleveland. I called ahead of time to make sure there were refrigerators & microwaves in rooms. Since we were staying for approx. 5 days and my medicine needed refrigeration! I was informed that a big group had already reserved all the refrigerators. I inquired the name of the group, which the employee stated PSA. So I was under the assumption all of our rooms would have refrigerators in them. To our dismay the day we arrived, we were informed that their were only 2 and they had already been given out!The only microwave was in the lobby! On the plus side the employees at the front desk were very friendly! The restaurant on site was o.k. for the included breakfast buffet, but dinner was pricey! Not only did we pay $110.00 a day, but we left a day early and stayed at a Microtel for $68.00 just two hours away in Mineral Springs, WV and it had not only a refrigerator, but a microwave too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pamela C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Our hotel was booked early in the year, and many alterations were made to rooms and requests several weeks up to the PSA games. We own several refrigerators and microwaves, but we used them for earlier made reservations and another group booking. There are hotels that offer refrigerators and microwaves as a guaranteed feature of their rooms. I think for the security and ease of your hotel stay, especially since you need to refrigerate medication, you might want to inquire into a hotel that guarantees those items. I am truly sorry that you had to worry and be upset during your visit to Cleveland.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport. Friendliest staff that I have ever met considering all the hotels I have stayed at. All requests (i.e. crib, fridge, non-smoking room) were met with immediate and friendly response. Rooms and hotel grounds are extremely clean and rooms offer excellent sound proofing.

Restaurant offers excellent breakfast and very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Suggest room on higher floor to minimize possible hallway noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do have a wonderful, friendly staff and your needs/requests should be met with urgency.

We value you - and we want you to return!

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!