“What kind of hotel has only two refrigerators in the whole place!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Aiken, South Carolina
“What kind of hotel has only two refrigerators in the whole place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this hotel through PSA for the Senior Olympics in Cleveland. I called ahead of time to make sure there were refrigerators & microwaves in rooms. Since we were staying for approx. 5 days and my medicine needed refrigeration! I was informed that a big group had already reserved all the refrigerators. I inquired the name of the group, which the employee stated PSA. So I was under the assumption all of our rooms would have refrigerators in them. To our dismay the day we arrived, we were informed that their were only 2 and they had already been given out!The only microwave was in the lobby! On the plus side the employees at the front desk were very friendly! The restaurant on site was o.k. for the included breakfast buffet, but dinner was pricey! Not only did we pay $110.00 a day, but we left a day early and stayed at a Microtel for $68.00 just two hours away in Mineral Springs, WV and it had not only a refrigerator, but a microwave too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pamela C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Our hotel was booked early in the year, and many alterations were made to rooms and requests several weeks up to the PSA games. We own several refrigerators and microwaves, but we used them for earlier made reservations and another group booking. There are hotels that offer refrigerators and microwaves as a guaranteed feature of their rooms. I think for the security and ease of your hotel stay, especially since you need to refrigerate medication, you might want to inquire into a hotel that guarantees those items. I am truly sorry that you had to worry and be upset during your visit to Cleveland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a great stay at the Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport. Friendliest staff that I have ever met considering all the hotels I have stayed at. All requests (i.e. crib, fridge, non-smoking room) were met with immediate and friendly response. Rooms and hotel grounds are extremely clean and rooms offer excellent sound proofing.

Restaurant offers excellent breakfast and very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Suggest room on higher floor to minimize possible hallway noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do have a wonderful, friendly staff and your needs/requests should be met with urgency.

We value you - and we want you to return!
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was in Cleveland for for a class reunion. I needed a room for 4 nights and used Priceline to secure a hotel. I got a Holiday Inn close to where I grew up. Funny this is where I stayed for one 5 years ago and a cocktail party was held in the lounge here! I was checked in by a nice young pregnant girl. Don't know her name as she didn't have a nametag. The room was 118. Hauled my luggage in and when I opened the door I was greeted by the worst thick disgusting smell. Whatever they used to disguise the smell of a former guest smoking was nauseating. It immediately made me gag as I could taste it! Within thirty seconds I was getting a migraine headache. I tried to open the window but they are bolted locked and don't open. Went back to front desk. Sorry that's your room. All the rooms in the hotel have the windows locked shut. I could not stay there for 5 minutes. Called Priceline and here was there great supportive answer. The Holiday Inn will let you out of your agreement but they will be collecting one nights stay. That was $ 40! Girl was nice at desk but that is their policy. I left but asked that the Manager Patrick call me. Never happened!

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you give them any money.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear goinggone15,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to convey your thoughts regarding your stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction and inconvenience caused by the smell in the room and deeply regret the negative impact this has caused you.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Marys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had to visit Cleveland on business, This was a great location, right off Interstate 71 on Exit 240. The check in was smooth and painless. The room was pretty good, all updated, the only thing I noticed was the bathroom was a little tight, but there is not a whole lot the hotel can do there. I ate at the Italian place which is part of the hotel and the steak was the best part of my trip to Cleveland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Please visit us next time and have a steak again!. We plan to renovate our hotel and we do know that people think our bathrooms are small - but I do hope you were not inconvenienced by its size.
Nana's is a popular spot for good Italian food. Try the pasta buffet when you next return!
Indigoscarlet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The front desk staff was first rate - friendly and helpful. The bed was really comfortable, with 2 sets of pillows - soft and firm! The room was clean and sound proof enough that I didn't hear any outside noise. Breakfast was very reasonably priced. Overall, a very nice visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pamela C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for being so complimentary about our staff, room comforts and price value.
We want you to come back and be our guest again!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We arrived a bit earlier than standard check-in time and were advised that due to the hotel's being completely full the previous evening our room would not be available until after 3 pm. However, we were offered the opportunity to check our luggage for safekeeping so that we could continue with our other errands. When we did check-in, we were warmly greeted by the front-end staff and the entire process was handled smoothly and efficiently. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. I especially appreciated the nice selection of pillows. A sign at the front desk informed Priority Club members that a free breakfast was available. The hotel's location to major expressways makes it convenient to travel to other parts of the city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Our location is a great asset for our hotel - we are 10 minutes from downtown and 5 minutes from the airport; I am glad it proved convenient for you!
We have a friendly staff and do our best to provide the best service to travelers. Thank you for commenting on the hospitality shown to you and the pristine appearance of our hotel and your room especially.
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Check in was a breeze, AC was cold, but very noisy but once I take off my Ponto I hear nothing so it was all good! Getting into the room was a nightmare, as a person confined to a Power Wheelchair and having to manhandle a door that has at least 10 lbs too much pressure! Chewed up my arm rest on the chair, but After speaking with the GM (Patrick) this morning, I was confident that it would be checked out. Thus the reason why it is 5 Stars. I have read some of the other reviews and I am happy to say the only thing that crawled was me!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pamela C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am sorry that you had to "wriggle" your way into the room with your chair. Our General Manager will certainly check into the width of the opening, because it has been inspected and determined to be ADA accessible, and clearly you had trouble.

I am pleased the remainder of your stay was without incident; we will be happy to see you again when you return to Cleveland!

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!