“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Irvine, California
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I always think of Holiday Inn a good value for the money. But this stay was worth more than what I paid! Between the accommodating staff in the hotel and Nana's Restaurant attached, me and my roommate loved coming "home" at the end if the long day of working the trade show at the IX Center. We especially loved the restaurant staff Yanira, Sarina, Food Director Tim, Chef Jason and Chef Donnie! Thank you all for keeping us happy and comfortable!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'm giving this Holiday Inn four stars primarily because I consider it a very good value. It is a middle-aged property that is well maintained and staffed by a pleasant group of people. My room and its bathroom were on the smallish side but large enough. It was clean and up-to-date with decent WiFi speed, a flat-screen TV, and a choice of pillows. As a member of Holiday Inn's Priority Club, I was given generous vouchers for dinner and breakfast at the adjoining restaurant. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PCottam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the complimentary message you wrote about your stay.

We are an older hotel and expect to undergo renovations in the near future. We strive to provide our guests with excellent hospitality, and take pride in the friendliness of our staff and the commitment we bring to making your stay with us comfortable.
We look forward to having you visit again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

First off I travel for my job so I chose this hotel for two reasons: 1.) I recieved a discount of $89.00 and 2.) it was 3 miles from where I needed to be for work.

Here is what I did NOT like:

1. My side of the hotel (R) faces backyards (one of the lovely neighbors had a dog that barked loud enough that I could hear it for the 45 mins. it was outside). The other side (L) faces the parking lot which I would suggest anyone who stays here to ask for!

2. The heater was right in front of the desk. Poor placement. Sitting at the desk, I was either blasted with hot air or freezing because I had to shut it off. I gave up and worked on the bed (which made me more sleepy than motivated to work).

3. The bathroom is TINY. Put it this way no matter how I moved I hit the door if it was open. Sitting on the toilet...your knees will hit the door! And who the heck fixes things that break in this hotel? The towel shelf looked like it was ripped out of the wall and rehung seriously crooked.

Here is what I DID like:

1. The restaurant, Nana's Italian Cusine was good food with great service. I was only able to eat breakfast there so I can not speak for the Italian food (unfortunately).

Room Tip: Get a room with the window facing the parking lot!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry you had difficulty with a neighbors dog while you stayed at our hotel. This is a first for us - our parking lot in the back abuts residential lawns, but not our guest rooms. I hope you received adequate sleep.

If you will provide me with your room number I will have our engineers correct your crooked bath towel holder; it is not meant to be at an angle!

Many hotel rooms are situated such that the heating unit does not blow on the bed, and is positioned nearer to the desk and TV area. I do not know why the unit was too hot but we will check the settings to make sure you can lower the heat. I agree - it is too difficult to continue working in bed.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Overall, the Holiday Inn-Cleveland Airport was average. The front desk staff were very courteous. I was immediately welcomed as a Priority Club member. However, neither the entrance from the street nor any of the parking lot had been plowed. It did not look welcoming to guests. I had to trudge through snow and slush to get from the parking area at the back of the hotel to the main entrance at the front. Even the area right in front of the main entrance hadn't been cleared.

On my second night, my friend and I parked near a side entrance closer to our room. The card reader on the door didn't work, so we couldn't use that entrance.

When we were ready to leave, we attempted to use the elevators to get from the third floor to the lobby. One of the three elevators was broken. The down arrow light came on when the car arrived, the bell rang, but the elevator doors were stuck and wouldn't open. Since that car was stuck at the third floor with inoperative doors, none of the other elevators would stop on that floor. My friend and I finally walked down three flights of stairs with our luggage.

The hotel does not have central heating, so the room was cold when we entered. The noisy heater did heat up the room fairly quickly.

The one good thing was that the beds were quite comfortable. I got a good night's sleep on it.

With a rack rate for a single room at $109.99 (per Holiday Inn website), this hotel is grossly overpriced. This property is more of a budget hotel and does not really belong in the Holiday Inn chain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PCottam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Sir, I am sorry that our snow removal company was errant in reporting to our property in a good time frame; we do not want you to fight your way through the snow to the many entrances of our hotel.
Our rooms are individually climate controlled and that seems to work best for most of our visitors. Unfortunately, it means that our rooms will not heat up for a few minutes in the winter or cool down for a few minutes in the summer. The hotel saves energy this way, but it can be an inconvenience and I am sorry.
We are in the process of planning our overall renovations because we are an older hotel. Your comments help us to consider the types of changes we need to make to ensure a better stay for you. Thank you for taking the time to help us out!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Check in and out ran smooth. Room was average with a loud running heating unit. The gym could use new equipment. There was only one treadmill available since the 2nd one was out of order. Stationary bike was not in working condition. The pool was it, heated and very large. Housekeeping wasn't on their game. Missed one day of cleaning and another day no towels. I stayed at this hotel for 6 days and passed the same dirty cup in the hallway. I was only pleased with the Italian restaurant located within the hotel. I felt sorry for my waitress! It appeared she was it and had no help. The food and the restaurant service made up for the lack of service within the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
PCottam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am pleased that you liked Nana's restaurant and believe our Front Desk staff provided an easy check in and check out. I am disheartened by your review of our housekeeping - and we will address those issues with the staff. A dirty cup on the floor is not acceptable - what floor were you on that you saw this? Please know that your remarks are taken seriously; we value you as a visitor and want you to return. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed for 11 nights as part of a business convention in Oct 2010. Having spent 32 hours in transit, really apprecciated the courtesy vehicle from the airport at midnight. Staff were just amazingly helpful and understanding throughout the convention. Room was clean, serviced and comfortable enough.

Meals were what I expected so no qualms there. I will be staying there again in 2013 as part of another convention and am looking forward to it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Very friendly service but checked in, all the way up to the room, heater fan so noisy that I heard it through the door in the hall (why housekeeping didn't get maintenance to fix this BEFORE they rented room is beyond me) then all the way back down carrying loads of stuff sent me to a smoking room that smelled worse that a pool hall, so all the way BACK down then gave me a handicap room that they said was the last available room supposed to be non smoking, it smelled as bad as the smoking room, but I went to sleep because I had over an hour trying to get into a room, next day they moved me to the 4th room and it didn't smell of smoke but there was tons of dust/dirt on top of the refrigerator, in the corners, and most everywhere that wasn't main walking space. Staff is real nice but Housekeeping stinks WOULD RECOMMEND STAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PCottam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We heartily regret the experience you had with our property. We are a friendly, gracious hotel that strives to make our guests happy, satisfied. If you stayed in a non-smoking guest room that smelled of smoke, a customer was not fair to you and we need to clean the air and furniture. Our rooms do not offer refrigerators, and if you special ordered one for your room, I am sorry that you received a dusty appliance.
Your comments make us better - we thank you for the input.

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Airport? Share your experiences!